“Friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Flushing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I've stayed here because it was close Laguardia airport. The room was clean and breakfast was good. The transportation to and from the airport and to the subway works perfect. The driver gives you a card so it was easy to contact them on return for pickup. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. When I return to New York I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
GlendaGomez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Hello Amber,

Thank you for your kind words, we are for you! Thank you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Good stay, cheap near New York's attractions. Shuttle service convenient to/from train station and airport.
Only setback was the $14 charge for parking.
Breakfast included, service from front desk was excellent and shuttle drivers were very informative and willing to help.
Rooms were clean and OK size.
Would recommend; only 15-20 min to Manhattan, 30 min to Yankee stadium and 5 min to Airport (La Guardia)

Room Tip: rooms away from elevator and not on street/highway side should be better.
Hello OJM653,

We really appreciate your comments especially from a senior contributor! I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed our hospitality! We charge $14+tx for secure parking to ensure that our guests always find a spot available 24hrs a day.

We thank you for choosing us!
Best,
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The staff was friendly and attentive. When we arrived after 26 hours of flying and layovers, the staff reassigned us to a quieter area of the hotel so that we could sleep. The room was clean and quiet. The shuttle was easy and convenient to use.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
GlendaGomez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Greetings Mike!

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We strive to accommodate all of our guests especially after such long flights. We look forward to your return!

Thank you!
Best Always,
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I was very nervous going back to New York and booking a hotel near the airport. All I kept thinking was the neighborhood, bugs and surroundings. Traveled with my elderly mom & aunt for a few days and let me just say that I was very impressed.
Customer service reps were awesome! Thank you Diana for all your help with bus and train routes. Breakfast was freshly made daily. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Housekeeping and all staff were very friendly and welcomed us everyday with a smile. Shuttle bus was free and service was great. I will definitely recommend this hotel to all my friends and relatives.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
GlendaGomez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Hello MaldonS,,

Thank you for your gracious comments. I will be sure to pass on your wonderful compliments to our staff! It is our pleasure to assist in any way possible. We look forward to welcoming you and your family very soon!

Thank you!
GM
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I trust Holiday Inns so chose this one for proximity to the airport and ease of getting to a subway. When I saw the location, I was disappointed, at first. The front desk people took away my concerns with their care and friendliness. We were given a room on the quiet side since we were staying for six nights. The room was clean thought looked a bit worn. The beds, however, were the most comfortable I have had in a hotel. The shuttle service to and from the subway was excellent. We never had to wait excessively long. My only two complaints were that the 2nd floor hallway had a smell that I cannot pinpoint, and the eggs on the breakfast bar looked inedible to me (though I am picky about such things). My grandsons managed to always find plenty on the breakfast bar to eat. Overall, a good experience and I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GlendaGomez, christinahielga@gmail.com at Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear SavvyTraveler0610,
We would like to thank your for trusting in the Holiday Inn Express brand we certainly appreciate the opportunity to exceed your expectations. We are happy to hear you enjoyed several aspects of your stay. Additionally, your expressed concerns have been forwarded to the proper departments and we appreciate you bringing them to our attention. We certainly hope to see you again.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed one night here for a Mets game. I was impressed with how clean and inviting it felt despite the surrounding area. We needed a hotel with parking since we drove and they provide valet parking for $14. The room was spacious and clean and even included a refrigerator. The view left little to be desired but we were really only here to sleep anyway. I was hoping to walk to Citi Field but apparently the area is not so safe and the walk time estimated by the concierge was longer than I anticipated. We requested a cab from the concierge and a town car picked us up. This was a pricey ride to the Stadium, which is not even 2 miles away, at $15 plus tip! I was hoping the cab ride back would be cheaper since it was at our own request but it still came to close to $15 though, including tip. Breakfast is included with your stay and goes until 10am and, unlike most hotels, continues to replenish the breakfast bar up until 10! They also had a pretty good selection!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
GlendaGomez, IHG Rewards Club Champion at Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear JessApel,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. We are thrilled to hear
you enjoyed your time with us as well as the complimentary services, especially our express start
breakfast. We hope to see you again in the future!

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

This hotel was very nice for a Holiday Inn Express. The staff was very friendly upon checking in. They were very helpful with all the questions that I had. The rooms were clean and nice. Our room had a fridge which came in very handy. The shuttle service was great. They picked us up from the airport rather quickly and dropped us off at the subway which came in very handy since it was quite a distance away. The only complaint I would have is where they dropped you off for the subway. If it's late at night you don't want to be standing on a street corner very long in this dark neighborhood. I was told it would be a half hour wait one night but one of the staff from the front desk came and got us within 15 minutes, which was greatly appreciated. The final night there was about 8 of us waiting and so I felt a little better but the shuttle made us wait about 30 minutes. Overall I would recommend this place and I would stay here if I travel to New York again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
GlendaGomez, at Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear julesinlv,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review about your recent stay here with us.
We are glad you enjoyed yourselves and all our hotel has to offer including our complimentary
shuttle. We chose the pickup location at the mall/subway so our guests can have an outlet while waiting. We hope to see you again in the future!

IHG Rewards Club Champion

Been to Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport? Share your experiences!