“Impressed” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Orlando, Florida
“Impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I was very nervous going back to New York and booking a hotel near the airport. All I kept thinking was the neighborhood, bugs and surroundings. Traveled with my elderly mom & aunt for a few days and let me just say that I was very impressed.
Customer service reps were awesome! Thank you Diana for all your help with bus and train routes. Breakfast was freshly made daily. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Housekeeping and all staff were very friendly and welcomed us everyday with a smile. Shuttle bus was free and service was great. I will definitely recommend this hotel to all my friends and relatives.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
GlendaGomez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Hello MaldonS,,

Thank you for your gracious comments. I will be sure to pass on your wonderful compliments to our staff! It is our pleasure to assist in any way possible. We look forward to welcoming you and your family very soon!

Thank you!
Glenda Gomez
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I trust Holiday Inns so chose this one for proximity to the airport and ease of getting to a subway. When I saw the location, I was disappointed, at first. The front desk people took away my concerns with their care and friendliness. We were given a room on the quiet side since we were staying for six nights. The room was clean thought looked a bit worn. The beds, however, were the most comfortable I have had in a hotel. The shuttle service to and from the subway was excellent. We never had to wait excessively long. My only two complaints were that the 2nd floor hallway had a smell that I cannot pinpoint, and the eggs on the breakfast bar looked inedible to me (though I am picky about such things). My grandsons managed to always find plenty on the breakfast bar to eat. Overall, a good experience and I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GlendaGomez, christinahielga@gmail.com at Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear SavvyTraveler0610,
We would like to thank your for trusting in the Holiday Inn Express brand we certainly appreciate the opportunity to exceed your expectations. We are happy to hear you enjoyed several aspects of your stay. Additionally, your expressed concerns have been forwarded to the proper departments and we appreciate you bringing them to our attention. We certainly hope to see you again.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed one night here for a Mets game. I was impressed with how clean and inviting it felt despite the surrounding area. We needed a hotel with parking since we drove and they provide valet parking for $14. The room was spacious and clean and even included a refrigerator. The view left little to be desired but we were really only here to sleep anyway. I was hoping to walk to Citi Field but apparently the area is not so safe and the walk time estimated by the concierge was longer than I anticipated. We requested a cab from the concierge and a town car picked us up. This was a pricey ride to the Stadium, which is not even 2 miles away, at $15 plus tip! I was hoping the cab ride back would be cheaper since it was at our own request but it still came to close to $15 though, including tip. Breakfast is included with your stay and goes until 10am and, unlike most hotels, continues to replenish the breakfast bar up until 10! They also had a pretty good selection!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
GlendaGomez, IHG Rewards Club Champion at Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear JessApel,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. We are thrilled to hear
you enjoyed your time with us as well as the complimentary services, especially our express start
breakfast. We hope to see you again in the future!

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

This hotel was very nice for a Holiday Inn Express. The staff was very friendly upon checking in. They were very helpful with all the questions that I had. The rooms were clean and nice. Our room had a fridge which came in very handy. The shuttle service was great. They picked us up from the airport rather quickly and dropped us off at the subway which came in very handy since it was quite a distance away. The only complaint I would have is where they dropped you off for the subway. If it's late at night you don't want to be standing on a street corner very long in this dark neighborhood. I was told it would be a half hour wait one night but one of the staff from the front desk came and got us within 15 minutes, which was greatly appreciated. The final night there was about 8 of us waiting and so I felt a little better but the shuttle made us wait about 30 minutes. Overall I would recommend this place and I would stay here if I travel to New York again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
GlendaGomez, at Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear julesinlv,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review about your recent stay here with us.
We are glad you enjoyed yourselves and all our hotel has to offer including our complimentary
shuttle. We chose the pickup location at the mall/subway so our guests can have an outlet while waiting. We hope to see you again in the future!

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night.
Got a room at the first floor and found out that the first floor is the basement.
The Waste management container was just outside of my basement window and the service track uploaded the container at 4:45AM.
The sower drain is higher than most of the bathroom floor and the bathroom was full of water after my very short shower.
After checking out I noticed that my neck was full of bad bags bites. Had to wash all of my clothes before entering home.
The staff is nice but the hotel is Terrible.

Room Tip: Never stay at the first floor. Rooms on the east side are on the edge on the highway. Rooms on the w...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
GlendaGomez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Hello Pkoren,

As we take everyone's comments seriously we have looked into your concerns. Cleanliness and attention to detail is our highest standard. We requested a container for 3 days to remove excess items from the hotel and apologize greatly for any disturbance this caused as it is an isolated event. We have also professionally inspected your room and received clearance from our extermination company. Please do not hesitate to contact me as It would have been my pleasure to address your concerns while on property and been able to discuss your stay further.

Best,
Glenda Gomez
Matthews, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was lucky enough to find a Holiday Inn Express near to my brother's apartment. The staff is so friendly and the added benefit of the shuttle from the airport to the hotel makes this Holiday Inn Express the only place I will stay when I visit my brother in Queens.

I feel very comfortable and relaxed at this hotel.

Room Tip: You can look over city stadium on the south side.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
GlendaGomez, IHG Rewards Club Champion at Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Lisa C,
We appreciate you taking the time out to write a kind review about your recent stay with us. We strive for 10’s in overall guest satisfaction. We are thrilled that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and look forward to welcoming you next time you are visiting your brother!
Coral Gables
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

One of the things that impact us most was the lack of cleanliness of a hotel like this, the old dirt in the room has no justification as well not neglect their facilities. The shower curtain near fall to take one example, is not consistent with a price paid. The attention of the staff was good.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
GlendaGomez, IHG Rewards Club Champion at Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Hello Jeamiell,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Cleanliness is our number one priority and would have liked the opportunity to discuss this during your stay. Our standards are those of the highest level of consistency and hope to welcome you again to ensure a wonderful stay as that is our commitment to our valued guests.
IHG Rewards Club Champion

Been to Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport? Share your experiences!