“Simple motel, simply perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Flushing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Alexandria, Virginia
“Simple motel, simply perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a couple of nights in connection with graduation ceremonies at nearby Queens College (My 60th anniversary reunion!). The hotel has many virtues. Although it is a bit hard to find -- its address baffled my car's GPS -- its location just off the Long Island Expressway is notably efficient. The hotel itself is spotlessly clean and well maintained. It has apparently been thoroughly refurbished quite recently, and the rooms -- quite large by NYC standards -- are tastefully decorated with high-quality furnishings and a most comfortable bed. The spacious bathrooms are particularly impressive for this price category, with high-quality granite surfaces on the sink and shower surround. The staff, notably Abdool at the front desk, are uniformly cheery, friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast is diverse and ample, including the usual cereals and breads plus scrambled eggs and sausages. The shuttle bus flits constantly between the hotel and airport, but the drivers cheerfully squeeze in trips to the subway and restaurants. For my money, this hotel offers a four-star level of accommodation and service at a bargain-basement price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GlendaGomez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Hello JOHNSTEPHENPERRY,

Recently, we renovated the lobby, the business center, and the fitness center and am so glad you liked it! We believe every guest deserves 5 star service therefore we try our hardest to accomodate all requests. We have a lot of guests that stay with us while visiting St. John's and we are pleased to welcome their alumni.
Hope to see you on your return visit!

Glenda Gomez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Southern IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We were only in NYC for 3 nights for my son's college graduation. I decided to book here after comparing so many prices and reading so many reviews. I'm glad I did! After a night of plane delays, delays, delays, and finally cancellation, I felt like the front desk clerk (George) and I were old friends. When we arrived the following day tired out and dragging. Dulce met us with a sincere sympathetic smile and gave us our room keys. It was only a couple of hours later that I realized we arrived before the check-in time- Dulce did not even mention it! We weren't in our room long until there was a knock on the door: Dulce smiled, and handed us little goodie bags as she apologized for forgetting them and wished us well. I knew at that moment that these Country Mice were going to be okay in New York City!
This hotel passed three tests with flying colors: 1) Clean!, 2) Free Wifi!, and 3) Great Shower with no lack of hot water! We were on the top floor, so the street noise really did not bother us. Their breakfast was nice, and they supplied us with extra coffee for our room when we asked. Also, the staff was so, so nice. Helping us figure out the subway system was no small feat, but they excelled! The free shuttle back and forth from LGA- where we could catch a city bus for Columbia- and the subway- where we easily could go anywhere, anytime,- was such a perk. The drivers were prompt and helpful as well.
I suggest you stay here. Save money and headaches.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hello Boo6mom,

Congratulations on your son's graduation! I can tell you are a proud mom and a savvy shopper! Our staff is dedicated to creating an amazing guest experience and am happy to see you were pleased with your selection. I am going to post this wonderful comment for the entire staff to see especially Jorge and Dulce.

New Hope, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Based on the reviews, not sure that the other reviewers were staying on the same property that we did. Ewwww. I was actually afraid to take off my shoes! We were placed on the 6th floor, which was a former smoking floor. I'm not sure when it was switched over to a non-smoking floor but it still stunk (and I'm a smoker!)! Shortly after we entered the room, something "switched off" and the entire room and beds shook. We thought we were in an earthquake! It seems we weren't, as it happened about every 20 minutes. The only plus side was the close proximity to the airport and the free shuttle to get there. I wish I would have spent $10 more and had clean carpeting.

Room Tip: If you do decide to stay here, don't get room 610 or you will be shaken awake all night long.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear PaulaKaymn,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one.
Rest assured that the issues you have raised about the room conditions have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
bournemouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We only stayed for one night, we had free parking, and the first expression wasn't,t great as it was on a busy road. Our room was so clean and comfortable, but the staff were so helpful and great, they recommend somewhere to eat, which was great. They offered a shuttle to airport. Would stay again.

Room Tip: We had a double queen room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GlendaGomez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Hello Greyash33,

Thank you for your comments, I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your short stay! Next time, we hope to welcome you for longer. I will post this great comment to ensure my staff is aware that their hard work is appreciated!!

Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

I only stayed here for one night and didn't venture out of the hotel, but I still enjoyed my stay. The person at the front desk when I checked in (Alex, I think), was extremely kind and helpful. My room was clean and comfy. The free parking was nice, although the lot was very small so I can see that being a problem during busy nights. It is easy to get to Laguardia and the Mets stadium. The only issue was the long hair dryer cord in the tiny bathroom. It hangs over the toilet, and I did end up realizing that it was hanging down fully inside the toilet (clean at least!) while I was using it. It's a bit gross and unsafe, but I don't see how it could be fixed and still be efficient in the small bathroom. You may want to close the lid before using it! :) Overall good stay and I recommend it!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GlendaGomez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Greetings Number2cac!

Thank you for your review, being a top contributor on Trip Advisor your opinion means alot to us! I will be sure to let Alex know you acknowledged his excellent service; he is a great asset to our team. I will also look into the hair dryer cords, it's always great to get guest feedback.

I thank you for staying with us, and hope to welcome you in the future!

Harlow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We have been to New York several times but this was the first time we have stayed outside of Manhattan, and quite honestly it was very good indeed, first of all by staying here as opposed to Manhattan you save yourself about 4-500 pound, always a good thing! The location is good, local restaurants within walking distance but nothing special but if you were to take the excellent free shuttle service that the hotel provides from 6am-1.30am to and from the nearest subway, there is a couple of excellent malls and a variety of top restaurants adjacent to the subway. The shuttle runs every half an hour and upon your return to the subway after your day out just give them a call and the shuttle comes to pick you up, its an excellent service and the drivers are very nice. The subway (woodhaven blvd) takes you into the centre of Manhattan in less than half an hour for very little money. The complimentary breakfast is good, decent variety and the lady who does it all is extremely nice. All the staff at this hotel are very nice and very helpful and nothing is too much trouble. All in all anyone who has anything negative to say about this hotel are quite frankly too picky, without a doubt it is the best hotel I have stayed in and I would not hesitate to return, the area around it is not the best but thoroughly safe in my opinion and we had no problems at all. My advice to anyone is to stay here and save money, it beats a lot of Manhattan hotels I have stayed in.....!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Martin G,

What a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We greatly appreciate your amazing review of our property, its' location, and staff. You have pinpointed exactly what we strive so hard to offer.. excellent service, great breakfast, and immediate shuttle access to restaurants, malls, and NYC!!! We hope to welcome you back on your return trip to New York!

With the kindest regards,
Groton, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Overall they hotel rooms were upto the Holiday Inn Standards. For Queens the view is what you should expect, seeing neighborhood houses and streets. The service from the front desk and security officer was great. I saw the security officer patroling the parking lot several times. My only wish was there were more parking spaces so I wouldn't have to double park my car and leave the keys with the front desk to have the car moved when a spot opens up.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GlendaGomez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Hello Northeast_Traveler48,

Your comments about our staff and observations are greatly appreciated! We try to cover all aspects of your stay therefore offering a valet service to help assist guests with their parking needs. On your return visit, please contact me, I would like to offer you personalized service to alleviate any questions you may have upon arrival.

Glenda Gomez

Been to Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport? Share your experiences!