“Great staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel LaGuardia Airport

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel LaGuardia Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel LaGuardia Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   113-10 Corona Avenue (Horace Harding Expressway), Flushing, NY 11368   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Flushing
Roanoke, Virginia
“Great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

I only stayed here for one night and didn't venture out of the hotel, but I still enjoyed my stay. The person at the front desk when I checked in (Alex, I think), was extremely kind and helpful. My room was clean and comfy. The free parking was nice, although the lot was very small so I can see that being a problem during busy nights. It is easy to get to Laguardia and the Mets stadium. The only issue was the long hair dryer cord in the tiny bathroom. It hangs over the toilet, and I did end up realizing that it was hanging down fully inside the toilet (clean at least!) while I was using it. It's a bit gross and unsafe, but I don't see how it could be fixed and still be efficient in the small bathroom. You may want to close the lid before using it! :) Overall good stay and I recommend it!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GlendaGomez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Greetings Number2cac!

Thank you for your review, being a top contributor on Trip Advisor your opinion means alot to us! I will be sure to let Alex know you acknowledged his excellent service; he is a great asset to our team. I will also look into the hair dryer cords, it's always great to get guest feedback.

I thank you for staying with us, and hope to welcome you in the future!

Best Regards,
Glenda Gomez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Harlow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We have been to New York several times but this was the first time we have stayed outside of Manhattan, and quite honestly it was very good indeed, first of all by staying here as opposed to Manhattan you save yourself about 4-500 pound, always a good thing! The location is good, local restaurants within walking distance but nothing special but if you were to take the excellent free shuttle service that the hotel provides from 6am-1.30am to and from the nearest subway, there is a couple of excellent malls and a variety of top restaurants adjacent to the subway. The shuttle runs every half an hour and upon your return to the subway after your day out just give them a call and the shuttle comes to pick you up, its an excellent service and the drivers are very nice. The subway (woodhaven blvd) takes you into the centre of Manhattan in less than half an hour for very little money. The complimentary breakfast is good, decent variety and the lady who does it all is extremely nice. All the staff at this hotel are very nice and very helpful and nothing is too much trouble. All in all anyone who has anything negative to say about this hotel are quite frankly too picky, without a doubt it is the best hotel I have stayed in and I would not hesitate to return, the area around it is not the best but thoroughly safe in my opinion and we had no problems at all. My advice to anyone is to stay here and save money, it beats a lot of Manhattan hotels I have stayed in.....!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Martin G,

What a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We greatly appreciate your amazing review of our property, its' location, and staff. You have pinpointed exactly what we strive so hard to offer.. excellent service, great breakfast, and immediate shuttle access to restaurants, malls, and NYC!!! We hope to welcome you back on your return trip to New York!

With the kindest regards,
Groton, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Overall they hotel rooms were upto the Holiday Inn Standards. For Queens the view is what you should expect, seeing neighborhood houses and streets. The service from the front desk and security officer was great. I saw the security officer patroling the parking lot several times. My only wish was there were more parking spaces so I wouldn't have to double park my car and leave the keys with the front desk to have the car moved when a spot opens up.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GlendaGomez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Hello Northeast_Traveler48,

Your comments about our staff and observations are greatly appreciated! We try to cover all aspects of your stay therefore offering a valet service to help assist guests with their parking needs. On your return visit, please contact me, I would like to offer you personalized service to alleviate any questions you may have upon arrival.

Best Regards,
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I've told all my friends about the amazing service I received last weekend at this hotel in NY. I was in town for business and my stay could not be better. The staff was very professional and attentive to my needs, the room was very clean and the overall service was great. I was also impressed by the convenient shuttle service and ample parking space.

Thanks to Genera Manager Gomez and her staff for the amazing service!

Great service, highly recommend it!

Dear Roberto N,

Thank you so much for your great comments! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia and meeting you and your friends.

Savannah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

The staff was very professional, however the hotel was on a corner of which was not in a nice area. Look out your window and you see garbage cans. You could see into the locals apartments and they were very noisy all night. The room I was in was a throwback to the late 60s or 70s. The restroom was the only bright side of the experience. There were no cozy blankets for the beds only lightweight throws. New York is cold, needless to say we had to have the heat very high of which it was not a comfortable experience. The carpet was stained and smelled of carpet deodorizer. The staff made it tolerable, I would never stay there again,didn't feel safe.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the 2nd floor
Greetings Jacqueline W,

Thank you for your review. Our staff is excited to welcome all of our guests and give them the attention they deserve. We appreciate hearing all guest feedback so that we can better serve our clientele.

Montclair, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Lovely staff, clean rooms, comfortable beds, convenient airport shuttle and long term parking. We had an early flight and it only took 5 minutes via shuttle. Covered parking and staff was helpful in every way.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hello Speechlady5544,

Thank you for staying with us, we greatly appreciate your comments regarding cleanliness, our friendly staff, and quality of our beds. We place a lot of emphasis on offering our guests the best quality for their money. We hope you will stay with us again!

Glenda Gomez

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel LaGuardia Airport? Share your experiences!