“Great service from security and front desk” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel LaGuardia Airport

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel LaGuardia Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel LaGuardia Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   113-10 Corona Avenue (Horace Harding Expressway), Flushing, NY 11368   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Flushing
Groton, Connecticut
“Great service from security and front desk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Overall they hotel rooms were upto the Holiday Inn Standards. For Queens the view is what you should expect, seeing neighborhood houses and streets. The service from the front desk and security officer was great. I saw the security officer patroling the parking lot several times. My only wish was there were more parking spaces so I wouldn't have to double park my car and leave the keys with the front desk to have the car moved when a spot opens up.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GlendaGomez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Hello Northeast_Traveler48,

Your comments about our staff and observations are greatly appreciated! We try to cover all aspects of your stay therefore offering a valet service to help assist guests with their parking needs. On your return visit, please contact me, I would like to offer you personalized service to alleviate any questions you may have upon arrival.

Best Regards,
Glenda Gomez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I've told all my friends about the amazing service I received last weekend at this hotel in NY. I was in town for business and my stay could not be better. The staff was very professional and attentive to my needs, the room was very clean and the overall service was great. I was also impressed by the convenient shuttle service and ample parking space.

Thanks to Genera Manager Gomez and her staff for the amazing service!

Great service, highly recommend it!

Dear Roberto N,

Thank you so much for your great comments! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia and meeting you and your friends.

Savannah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

The staff was very professional, however the hotel was on a corner of which was not in a nice area. Look out your window and you see garbage cans. You could see into the locals apartments and they were very noisy all night. The room I was in was a throwback to the late 60s or 70s. The restroom was the only bright side of the experience. There were no cozy blankets for the beds only lightweight throws. New York is cold, needless to say we had to have the heat very high of which it was not a comfortable experience. The carpet was stained and smelled of carpet deodorizer. The staff made it tolerable, I would never stay there again,didn't feel safe.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the 2nd floor
Greetings Jacqueline W,

Thank you for your review. Our staff is excited to welcome all of our guests and give them the attention they deserve. We appreciate hearing all guest feedback so that we can better serve our clientele.

Montclair, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Lovely staff, clean rooms, comfortable beds, convenient airport shuttle and long term parking. We had an early flight and it only took 5 minutes via shuttle. Covered parking and staff was helpful in every way.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hello Speechlady5544,

Thank you for staying with us, we greatly appreciate your comments regarding cleanliness, our friendly staff, and quality of our beds. We place a lot of emphasis on offering our guests the best quality for their money. We hope you will stay with us again!

Anderson, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I was in New York for a few days on business and preferred flying in to LaGuardia as opposed to JFK (even though I was working at JFK).

Parking lot is rather small but that's nothing compared to the 50 feet or so from the end of the off ramp to the hotel entrance, one lane of angry NY drivers away. It's like a suicide training mission as you exit the expressway heading for the hotel.

Only one of the three restaurants that deliver accept plastic (NY thing) and the one that does expects you to eat until you're sick. The hotel dining area is small and cramped but fortunately there was almost nobody there each morning when I was there. No restaurants in walking distance but the room was quiet, the bed comfy and it was an okay stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GlendaGomez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Greetings Jeff,

Thank you for your comments. We are conveniently located with accessibility from the highway and to LaGuardia Airport. Although, we do not have a restaurant on the premises, we offer complimentary shuttle rides to local restaurants and as you mentioned, we have local restaurant menus with delivery to your room for your convenience. Our breakfast area is cozy and we have a breakfast attendant available for any request. I am glad you found the beds to be comfortable and were able to have a good night's sleep. When you visit New York again, please reach out to me so that I can assure a pleasant stay. Safe Travels!

Best Regards,
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying here for 3 evenings while traveling for business. The front desk staff was a wonderful blend of professional, friendly and courteous. No guest request seemed too big or too small for them to accommodate. At one point during my stay I had asked for two additional sleeping pillows and within moments they were hand delivered to my door. I explained how I have a bad back and I was very impressed with how important my needs were to them. I also had an opportunity to meet Glenda, the new general manager. She came into the breakfast area and pleasantly introduced herself to me and the other guests. She expressed a genuine interest in hearing about my hotel experience and what, if anything, she could do to make my stay better. She was also very knowledgeable when I asked her about where to go in NYC during my down time. Thank you so much for the excellent dinner suggestion Glenda! The post theater menu at Del Frisco's was divine!!! =) The housekeeping staff also did an excellent job cleaning the room each day. My sleep was very comfortable and quiet despite its location beside the expressway. Don't bother reading any more reviews to try and convince yourself to book this little gem. You won't be disappointed!

Hello Hudsyn,

It was a pleasure meeting you and your colleagues during breakfast. I appreciate the opportunity to speak with all my guests to ensure a pleasurable stay. Please feel free to contact me anytime if you have questions regarding any events or restaurants that you would like to attend while in NYC. I will also mention to our staff all of your gracious comments. I hope to welcome you again soon.

Warm Regards,
Glenda Gomez

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel LaGuardia Airport? Share your experiences!