“A true Gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Flushing
Connecticut
“A true Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

Ultra modern Asian-designed lobby and rooms are gorgeous. 8 the floor bar/lounge and 9th floor rooftop bar have excellent Manhattan skyline views. The premium quality bedding is luxurious and so comfortable. Friendly, helpful staff. Exquisitely clean. Friendly neighborhood with authentic Korean restaurants are delicious and a real bargain.

Room Tip: Choose the highest floor, #7.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Front desk girl, name was Jean. She helped check me out and was always courteous from check in to check out. Always greeted customers with a warm and genuine smile. It makes a difference when staying in a small hotel when the staff are attentive and actually want to be at work. I had a ventilation problem in my room, AC was making loud noises, and Jean was able to quick move me into another room. Unfamilar with area, I craved for a bagel shop and Jean was quick to quide me to a local bagel shop within a few blocks of the hotel.
Upon check-out, Jean helped call for a car service and walked me out to curbside. With so many different cab options, I could have easily been swindled for a high cab fee to the airport. Jean spoke to the driver to make sure the fare was preset and no extra surcharges. Thanks J for your hospitality from start to end, will definitely come back to the ONE and share the great review with other colleagues.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
longford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I stayed here for 9 nights in August, over all a pleasant stay.Bedroom was spacious and nicely decorated.Front of house staff were very nice and tried to sort any issue that I had.The man who checked me in on the first day was not helpful and I felt he did not want to help me with directions even though I was clearly in need of help with directions.I feel it is front of house job to be as helpful as possible.The rest of staff were very good and I did not meet the man who handled my booking on day 1 again.My other complaint, which I informed reception about was the noise from the vents in the room, they were too noisy,even when the heat or the air con was off they still made noise.Staff listened to my complaints,things improved slightly.But over all I liked the hotel was near the subway.If it stars serving food it would be great and I plan to return again to this hotel and would recommend to others.It is mainly a Chinese occupied area with great massages available near by and cheap hairdressers.I did not see many restaurants other than Chinese bar Starbucks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with quiet when the air con off.Bar on the 8 floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Middletown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I got a great deal through Bookings.com at a special promotion price. The hotel is ULTRA MODERN!

It is in a Korean community of Flushing Queens NY and is a safe community. Once you enter the doors of THE ONE, you are in a ultra modern hotel and the bathroom is amazing.

I tried to book again the following week at the special promotion price, but was not available!!!

Room Tip: there is community public parking 2 blocks away. The hotel does not come with parking. You have to...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Let me start off by saying that I stumbled upon this hotel online and figured it would be either a great find or a great story of another bad hotel I stayed at. I was THRILLED that this was likely one of my top 3 hotel experiences. There is so much that I liked about this hotel starting off with the price.

The reason that I was not able to find much info on this hotel prior to my arrival is because it is only 2 months old.

Located in the heart of a VERY korean part of town, this became as much a part of the experience. If you are looking for a nearby Denny's or McDonalds you wont find it anywhere nearby, so you are best to understand that traveling is an adventure in discovery.

The rooms blew me totally away! VERY well appointed, the King room had an amazingly comfortable bed with a nice duvet. hardwood floors on 1/2 the room and tile in the bathroom and foyer. The shower was treat with a rain shower with lots of pressure. The shower is uniquely located in the middle of the room with opaque glass.

If you are like myself, you may be a little slow to realize that there is a slot just inside the door that when you insert the room key, it activates all the lights.

Overall the room was quiet and well insulated.

Another treat was how incredibly friendly EVERY staff member was. My work mate and I went up to the 8th floor bar which has a spectacular view of the city and encountered Kevin and Jessica. I wish I could have kept track of all the laughs and friendly stories we shared over the course of the evening. Both were true ambassadors of teh property and went great lengths to write out directions to restaurants nearby and share their favorite locations. One floor above on the 9th floor is a rooftop lounge outside with a beautiful gas fireplace. Did I mention the amazing view?!

Right next door to the hotel is a police tactical substation so based on the dozens and dozens of police cars parked around the hotel, it may be the absolute safest location in the NE United States.

Don't even hesitate !!! Book this hotel....you will be blown away! I just returned home this evening and am counting the days until I can return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I visited this newly opened boutique hotel for a Yelp event in April 2014 and got the cahnce to experience their roof top bar.
The location of the hotel is easy to access but if you driving to this area finding parking can be challenging. The views from the bar were beautiful and the decor unique.
The appetizers served were very good but my favorite was that lollipop chicken.
The hotel itself is very beautiful and security at the front entrance was very responsive however, the staff was very friendly.
Based on my brief visit to their bar/lounge Im sure a stay at this hotel would be a good one because the staff was very friendly and eager to be helpful during my time there.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Been to The One Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!