“Interesting Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Flushing
danbenjoseph
“Interesting Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stayed here 1 night. My last day in NYC. It was convenient to family and to Van Wyck Expressway to JFK Airport. The hotel is obviously newly renovated. However, the décor is a bit weird. It is very gaudy and in a way "over the top". With all kinds of fake art work from around the world: Chinese statues, Mexican stuff, Egyptian sphinxes, old style European bric a brac. There are tons of paintings (I think original) in old style frames hanging in the corridors and rooms. There is a fountain near the entrance and a huge fish tank framing the front desk. Very interesting. The rooms are large size for a room, but its not a suite (the hotel's name is Paris Suite Hotel). There are nice touches and amenities in the room such as shampoo, lotion and even a pair of slippers. The hotel is sparkling clean ball over. Breakfast is simple but very good. Location is superb.
All in all I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I don't at all recognize Paris Suites in the virulent comments I read here. Maybe management has changed. The staff I dealt with was very pleasant and accommodating. The breakfast buffet was okay. The room was of an ample size and very clean, although I really missed a coffee machine. Certainly, the hotel has oddities. The kitschy Eiffel Tower on its roof is the only French flavor on display; the lobby is crammed with Asian furniture and stuff. Reception is a secure window rather than a desk, implying that the management fears robbery. This does not enhance a guest's feeling of security. But I was born in Flushing and so felt fearless. Agoda gave me a good price for a night's stay; thus I hardly felt ripped off.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Stayed one night here as was close to the airport. Had to ask to switch rooms as first room stank of smoke. Curtains In room are closed upon arrival which gives off a certain impression. The lighting in the room is also dark with one fluorescent light. Felt unsafe during stay and we're happy to leave the following morning. The taxi driver that the hotel staff booked for us was 20 mins late and charged us 20$ which we felt was overpriced. However, hotel is clean but definitely not a comfortable stay!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

My wife became ill just a little less than 24 hours before checkin Valentines day. I called and manager James said there is nothing I can do for you. I pay full charge for no stay. Didn't even apologize. They got my full payment from me and they'll probably book someone else valentines day. It's worse than getting your car towed. Makes me want to leave NYC.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

The worse customer service I have ever had. Stuffs (specially the Asian guy who claims himself as the Manager) are all scam artist. Too much noise and the there was not enough towel. The manager is very rude and does not have any professionalism when communicates. Checked in with one pricing and the price changed during the check out. When asked to verify the manager who was the only person working on the counter said "I don't have to verify with anybody, I am the manager." I wish the hotel all the best with this type of service and attitude. Unfortunately they just have to grow their business without customers like me. Good luck!!

• Stayed January 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

My wife and I had the worst experience ever at Paris Hotel, first and for most upon checking in and going to our room we found bed bugs on the sheets, we called downstairs and spoke to a Chinese lady who stated she couldn't move us to another room because they were booked, she did send a Spanish lady to the room to change the sheets who was very unprofessional and laughed when we told her and showed her the bed bugs. Later that evening our son came to visit us from White Plains, N.Y and was told there is a strict no visiting policy and he was unable to come up, we quickly called downstairs after hearing this bizarre information from our son and the Chinese lady she stated sorry if he wants to visit you he has to get a room or you can see him outside, by this time we just wanted out so we gathered our belongings and checked out only to be given our $50 deposit back and having our card charged for an all day stay. To make matters worst when getting our car in the parking lot right in front of the hotel found it to be vandalized with cd's and change missing from the front console, upon complaining the Chinese lady stated to us you park at your own risk, we are not responsible. This Hotel was the worst experience ever.

Room Tip: Choose the Holiday Inn one block away, you might pay $40 more but I am sure it's well worth it.