“A gem for the frugal tourist, heaven for lovers” 3 of 5 stars

Paris Suites Hotel New York
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   109 Horace Harding Expressway, Flushing, NY 11368   |
Ranked #12 of 14 hotels in Flushing
New York City, New York
“A gem for the frugal tourist, heaven for lovers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Freshly renovated boutique hotel, expensively indoor decorated, clean and with staff eager to help. Small breakfast room with limited food options, but large cable LCD TV to make the food go down easier. Rooms are smallish, but have all the basic comfort amenities, including disposable slippers, tooth brushes, etc. For those without a car, there is a bus stop next to the hotel, where for $2.50 you can make a connection at Queens Center Mall to the Subway lines of R or M, which take you to Manhattan in about 30 minutes (door to Manhattan). For those who have use of a car, depending on traffic, Manhattan is 20 minutes away. Excellent midpoint between JFK, LaGuardia Airports and the city, relatively easy access to the airports (depending on traffic, could be as short as 20 minutes). Hotel is located on the side of Long Island Expressway, with easy access to the highway in each direction. Reasonable amount of free parking space around the hotel and in the hotel parking lot. Reasonable security in the area at night (including video cameras hooked to internal security system).

Room Tip: Rooms away from the highway are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I fell in love with this hotel as first of all it is unique , cozy , VERRRRY CLEAN and very nice staff , they were there to ease my trip to this area .

They focus on every single details , you can hardly find a dust on the floor .I stayed for 2 nights , first night in non jacuzzi room and they second one in jacuzzi room as I switched .

non jacuzzi has a fridge , clean , nice bathroom big enough , very good quality hair dryer .

Breakfast in neat , cereals , toast , brown and white with spread cheese and fruites and coffe and tea small area though and very clean also .

I will definetly come back and will recommend it to anyone

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Nice hotel where we spent three nights visiting NY by the end of our US-tour and just before Sandy came.
The room is good and comfortable, equipped with electrical heater. The shower-room is very clean. The floors everywhere are made of marble.
Breakfast is simple. The breakfast-room is very small, but everything is provided. You will have tasty meal in the morning especially if you have ham slices and Lindor chocolates (like we had:))
Place recommended to visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hartford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

First of all I would definitely stay here again. For the price and location before an early morning flight you can't beat it. Which is why I give it 3-stars. If I had paid more; probably 2 1/2.

Bed was comfortable. Room was clean and didn't show any signs of aging. Walls are kinda thin and I wish the headboard and/or bed in the room next to me had been secured to the wall somehow. (Good for them though!) Hotel is right alongside Long Island Expressway.

It's called Paris Suites. Eiffel Tower on the roof, on the window gates and even on the garbage dumpster. But when you walk in the lobby I wasn't sure if I had walked into the Roman Empire or a Chinese Restaurant - complete with marble floors and fish tanks that operate as the registration desk. VERY COOL!

Breakfast gets put out at 8:00 - 8:30??????? Staff was great and helpful with restaurant advice. Try the Empanadas Cafe not too far away.

Clean. Quirky. Unusual. Easy to access.

Room Tip: ask for room facing parking lot
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is by far one of the most interesting hotel we've ever checked ourselves in. There are no walls without a large floor to ceiling mirror somewhere. Even the bathroom is outfitted with mirrored ceilings, and part of the room also has mirror on the ceiling. Was this designed to be a "love hotel"?

In equally great quantity is the use of marbles everywhere. Not just the multitude of statues, but on the floors throughout the room, bathroom, hallways, and lobby, everything is laid out in marble. This is VERY good for sanitary reasons.

The lobby is exotic with aquarium and fanciful statues and minerals. The continental breakfast is good although the breakfast room is very very tiny. Travelers would likely need to take the food back to their room.

The hotel is very well built. However, with the single pane windows and the proximity to the highway, travelers would do well to show up with earplugs for everyone, including children.

This hotel is super good for people going to the US Open, with only a pleasant 10-15 minute walk through the park where various World's Fairs had been held.

We would stay here again. A family could stay here and split up during the day: some can go to the US Open (tennis), and the others can go to the art museum, science museum, and zoo -- all within an easy walk. The neighborhood is quiet. (except for the highway).

Room Tip: Rooms facing the highway are extremely loud. You will not sleep without earplugs. Smoking room doe...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I was stilling in the lobby with my laptop for two hours or so. In this time period, I counted at least three couples walking in without luggages. The men paid cash and were given keys to rooms on the first floor. I do not know what to make of this but one reviewer earlier indicated that the place is known for rent-by-the-hour prostitution.

As for my experience for a 3-day stay, not too bad and not too good either. First, the place looks like it has been recently remodelled. Marble floor, marble walls, aquirium, decorations, and all that. However, I am surprised why the owern spent all that money remodeling and yet have the receptionist hidden behind a bunker of walls and what looks like bullet-proof glass? Either the owner does not trust the neighborhood this place is located in or there is a lot of cash transactions going on!!!

Room Tip: Avoid lower floors based on my observations above.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Santa Fe, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

I noted mixed reviews on this "hotel", but I thought I'd give it a try on a recent weekend trip to NY. The lobby is tiny and there are so many mirrors it was a little disorienting. It appears there are renovations going on, so there is no elevator service for guests. Throughout the night, however, I was constantly disturbed by the sound of the bell that would ring when the elevator for staff was used. My first thought about the furniture was that it was cheap, but that I could overlook. I felt it was very strange that with the exception of a badly scratched, mirrored, heart shaped two prong hook, there was no place to hang any clothing. The jacuzzi tub was cheap, uncomfortable, and noisy. The bed was definitely not a queen sized bed and was very uncomfortable, and there were ashtrays in my guaranteed "non-smoking room". There was no ice machine. When I asked about ice, the pleasant gentleman said someone from housekeeping would bring me a bucket full of ice. The bucket was plastic, the type of thing you'd see a child using at the beach to put sand in. The ice was all melted within an hour. Due to the location of my room, there was a lot of noise from the staff talking loudly during the night. "Breakfast" was set up on a small table in the lobby and consisted of some soft fruit, stale cookies, and mass produced bagels that you could get from a supermarket, six or eight in a plastic bag. For tea, there was hot water, but the "lemon" was fake lemon juice in a plastic "lemon". One review I'd read had stated that a guest had been standing outside and seen a man rent a room, leave, and return to the hotel shortly thereafter with a prostitute. I was certain that reviewer was being overly dramatic until I returned from a dinner in Manhattan by taxi. The taxi driver stopped about 2 blocks from the hotel to ask for directions and the locals said I definitely didn't want to go to the Paris Suites hotel, because it was known as a "short-stay" hotel where rooms are rented by the hour. It appeared I'd unwittingly chosen a house of "ill repute". I was assured I wanted to go one block in the opposite direction to the Holiday Inn Express. Still, I returned to Paris Suites, thinking I would be safe for a few hours until I had to get up for an early flight. The key wouldn't work in the door. The gentleman working at the front desk said they hadn't programmed the door for my second night's stay although I'd paid for two nights. He let me in to the room, then took my keycard and disappeared for about 10 minutes. The room had not been touched by a housekeeper. After a time, there was a knock on the door and it was the housekeeper, returning the key card, bringing towels, and greeting me by saying, "Hello, Mommy". By that time I was already on my laptop trying to get a room at the Holiday Inn Express down the street. I'm a woman who is used to traveling alone, but after hearing from the locals what kind of hotel this place was and having my keycard out of my possession for any length of time, I knew I could never have felt comfortable or safe staying there another minute. I quickly packed my clothes and ran to the safe, reputable hotel. Naturally, I lost the money I'd prepaid for the room at PAris Suites and had to spend more money at Holiday Inn, but it was worth it to have peace of mind. The receptionist at the Holiday Inn told me they get several people coming from Paris Suites after having bad experiences there. Paris Suites may be a place some couples would enjoy, but beware.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to Paris Suites Hotel New York? Share your experiences!