“A good stay” 4 of 5 stars

You added Marco LaGuardia Hotel by Lexington to your Saves list
Marco LaGuardia Hotel by Lexington
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   137-07 Northern Boulevard, Flushing, NY 11354   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Flushing
Rugby
“A good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I spent 3 1/2 weeks in the Marco whilst working in Flushing and I would recommend it. Convenient location with the MTA Flushing station c 7 minutes walk away. Good sized room, always clean with good house-keeping. Breakfast was fine with some very friendly staff; front desk staff were equally friendly and helpful - unfair really to name individuals as all were professional but special thanks to Claire, Kelly and Santina.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Bronx, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Marco Hotel. The Hotel and rooms were very clean. The staff was very courterous, and professional. I only wish I had of stayed for the complimentary breakfast. Which I herd was a open and hot buffet. Other than the high taxes that are tacked on. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who will be either visiting New York and are staying in the Queens area, or anyone living in Queens, and just wants a place to crashed away from home. I will be visiting this hotel again in the near future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Last week we stayed 3 days at this hotel. We found the front desk employees to be very welcoming and accommodating to our specific requests when we arrived. The entire hotel was very nice, clean and they served a good breakfast each morning at no charge. The area is safe and only a few blocks from the subway into Manhattan. The hotel provides a free shuttle service from LaGuardia airport and they picked us up promptly when we arrived. Our departing flight was from JFK and we knew ahead of time it would be necessary to take a cab to this airport. The front desk stepped in and helped us out in a jam at the last minute when the cab company sent a small vehicle to transport our party of 6 to JFK, when the hotel had specifically requested a van. The desk clerk immediately notified Ms. Gonzalez (one of the hotel managers) of our situation. She got involved and saw to it that we did not miss our flight by giving us a courtesy ride in the hotel van. This was above and beyond what we expected and so very much appreciated. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Flushing. The Schoenfeld family sincerely thanks the Marco hotel and staff for making our trip a pleasant and enjoyable experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

What a gem to find! I needed a hotel near LaGuardia - but wound up delighted. How fun to be in an ethnic neighborhood - with great food. And traveling as a single woman on this trip, was very pleased to feel completely safe.

The hotel staff was very helpful. For example, since the hotel shuttle was stuck in traffic, they took care of getting me to the hotel from the airport via cab.

I will recommend this to my friends and colleagues.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed one night here with some friends when visiting NY to see a Mets game. Everything about this hotel was outstanding (the service, cleanliness, value, etc.). We were upgraded to a two bedroom suite upon arrival, the suite had a great full-sized kitchen, large bathroom, and two bedrooms with queen-sized beds. The hotel shuttle operator was fantastic (his name was Eddie), he took us to the Mets game and picked us up afterwards (he also got us into a club afterwards without cover charges). There aren't enough superlatives to describe out stay here. If you are visiting the Flushing area there isn't a better place to stay.

Room Tip: There are two parts to the hotel, one with the suites and one with the regular rooms. We were upgra...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Fremont, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I'm somewhat familiar with Flushing because I had lived there many years ago. Of course it didn't look anything like what it does today. This hotel is conveniently located near downtown Flushing, so getting around to restaurants and shops is very easy. Yes, there are some non-Asian restaurants in the neighborhood too LOL. It's not as centrally located as the Sheraton, but It’s only a 10-minute walk to the Main Street subway station. The #7 local train will take you to the Grand Central Station in 30 minutes. It would be even faster if you can catch the #7 express train. I also didn't have any safety concerns walking from the subway station to the hotel very late at night.

The room is nicely appointed with a small safe, mini fridge and a microwave. The beds were comfortable too. To my pleasant surprise, our room came with a huge balcony. The hotel is close to the LaGuardia Airport, so some airplane noises are expected. But that didn’t really bother me. What I think they missed the mark are the following:

1. We took a red eye and arrived at the hotel at 9:00am. The room was ready but they wanted to charge $30 for early check in (after 12 it’s free). I just hate it when hotels try to nickel and dime their customers.
2. We were meeting up with 2 other parties who arrived the next day. They both got seemingly arbitrary upgrades to the suites even though they only have 2 people in each party. While we had 4 in our party and did not get any upgrade.
3. The maid service was below average. They did not restock the plastic cups, tea bags, or water bottles every day. They also did not do a thorough cleaning because I found some old garbage under the dresser.
4. The free WiFi was very slow at times - definitely not up to the standard for a modern hotel.
5. Upon check out, I asked the front desk to call a cab to JFK. The car service they called charged about 50% more than the yellow cabs, which can be easily flagged down on Northern Blvd.

Hint: Apparently you can get 10% discount with AAA, but I didn’t get it because I used their website for reservation, which does not show the AAA rate. They told me that one could mention AAA in the “Comments/Special Request." The only reason I used their web site was because some reviewers gave high marks to their free breakfast. But the breakfast was just some average continental stuff. If you can get a better rate somewhere else just go for it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Got held over on a flight and had never heard of this hotel. The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating. Clean rooms, well appointed. Great hotel restaurant and little shop next door for all my convenience essentials. I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Marco LaGuardia Hotel by Lexington? Share your experiences!