I'm somewhat familiar with Flushing because I had lived there many years ago. Of course it didn't look anything like what it does today. This hotel is conveniently located near downtown Flushing, so getting around to restaurants and shops is very easy. Yes, there are some non-Asian restaurants in the neighborhood too LOL. It's not as centrally located as the Sheraton, but It’s only a 10-minute walk to the Main Street subway station. The #7 local train will take you to the Grand Central Station in 30 minutes. It would be even faster if you can catch the #7 express train. I also didn't have any safety concerns walking from the subway station to the hotel very late at night.
The room is nicely appointed with a small safe, mini fridge and a microwave. The beds were comfortable too. To my pleasant surprise, our room came with a huge balcony. The hotel is close to the LaGuardia Airport, so some airplane noises are expected. But that didn’t really bother me. What I think they missed the mark are the following:
1. We took a red eye and arrived at the hotel at 9:00am. The room was ready but they wanted to charge $30 for early check in (after 12 it’s free). I just hate it when hotels try to nickel and dime their customers.
2. We were meeting up with 2 other parties who arrived the next day. They both got seemingly arbitrary upgrades to the suites even though they only have 2 people in each party. While we had 4 in our party and did not get any upgrade.
3. The maid service was below average. They did not restock the plastic cups, tea bags, or water bottles every day. They also did not do a thorough cleaning because I found some old garbage under the dresser.
4. The free WiFi was very slow at times - definitely not up to the standard for a modern hotel.
5. Upon check out, I asked the front desk to call a cab to JFK. The car service they called charged about 50% more than the yellow cabs, which can be easily flagged down on Northern Blvd.
Hint: Apparently you can get 10% discount with AAA, but I didn’t get it because I used their website for reservation, which does not show the AAA rate. They told me that one could mention AAA in the “Comments/Special Request." The only reason I used their web site was because some reviewers gave high marks to their free breakfast. But the breakfast was just some average continental stuff. If you can get a better rate somewhere else just go for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 3 1/2 star Boutique Hotel, newly built in 2006, is centrally located in the heart of Queens. Known for its location to be a quick & easy commute to many local attractions, the Marco has quickly become a favorite for business travelers and leisure guests as well. Free shuttle to and from the LaGuardia Airport is available daily. Other transportation options include a complimentary area shuttle within 3 miles, as well as a complimentary shopping center shuttle (when available). The Marco is just 4 blocks away from the NY subway #7 train and the Long Island Rail Road's Flushing station. Both forms of public transportation will have guests in Manhattan in 30 minutes or less. Rooms: The Marco LaGuardia Hotel offers 81 guestrooms in a 8-story property. Each guestroom includes a refrigerator, microwave, a safe, brand new 36-inch flat screen TV that come with premium TV channels, first-run movies, and HBO. As well as a coffee/tea maker, 2 complimentary bottled waters, and air conditioning. Bathrooms include shower/tub combinations, hair dyers and designer toiletries. Guest rooms are business-friendly, equipped with complimentary wireless Internet access, well-lit spacious work desks, and direct-dial phones with speaker. Guestrooms also include clock radios. Some guestrooms have city views. Services include housekeeping and wake-up calls. Business Facilities: There is a 24-hour fully equipped Business Center. Meeting facilities measuring 2,700 sq ft include conference rooms, exhibit space, banquet facilities, and meeting rooms for small groups. The Marco LaGuardia Hotel also offers a fully equipped Fitness Center, a Bar/lounge, and a multilingual staff. Dining: The Marco LaGuardia Hotel also features a fantastic on-site restaurant, Magna Restaurant, offering a full bar and an impressive wine list. Conveniently open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner also available for in-room service. Guests enjoy a 10% discount. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookIt.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Marco LaGuardia Hotel by Lexington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.