“loved it. Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Flushing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Memphis, Tennessee
“loved it. Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2007

Very good shuttle to subway and airport. Excellent hot breakfast. Customer service was excellent. Very safe location.

Stayed May 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Glendale, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2007

I stayed here for my first visit to New York. I must admit I was very nervous about the negative stereotypes of New York, and after my plane being delayed and the disgusting condition of La Guardia Airport, I was not in the best mood. But the shuttle driver for the hotel came and picked us up and he was extremely friendly and helpful. We got to the hotel and the front desk clerk was friendly and fast. The beds were amazing!! I don't think I've ever fallen asleep that fast in my life! The next day I needed to use the computer and the wired internet in my room wasn't working and neither was the internet in the lobby so they let me use the manager's computer in the back office. The shuttle driver then gave us a ride to the closest subway station and we went about our sightseeing. I was very happy with the service we received and pleasantly surprised with the room.

• Liked — Superb service, room in very good condition
  • Disliked — Internet access seems to be somewhat unreliable
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2007

I had some Marriott points, when kids from New York asked us to drive over for the mother's day weekend, we got a room at Flushing location at the last minute.

We stayed at #405 which is rather larger room comparing to other Fairfield Inn rooms. Hotel staff are very friendly. There's a shuttle running between hotel and Flushing chinatown then LGA every half hour.

On first day of stay, we drove in Manhanttan. 2nd of the stay, we took the hotel shuttle to the Flushing mall. Both days we were treated by the kids and enjoyed the New York entertainment and gourmet food. Before we headed home to Boston, we drove by Flushing Mall again and loaded the car with fresh fruits, bakery stuff. Then hit the highway #678 home - thus bypass the New York Manhanttan traffic.

All in all, this is a nice hotel to stay while visiting New York area. Friendly staff, safe onsite parking, nice room, decent breakfast buffet and coffee station.

• Liked — convenient location
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2007

My husband and I stayed one night at this hotel, prior to catching a very early morning flight out of LaGuardia. We had just come off of a ten day cruise, so we were only looking for a place to crash prior to leaving the hotel at 4am.

A mix-up with the taxi driver brought us to this hotel - we were aiming for the other Fairfield LaGuardia hotel - but the staff assured us that there was no problem, and a quick call to Marriott got our reservation switched so that we could pay for our stay with the Marriott points as planned. The front desk staff was very courteous and helpful, despite my being a little cranky with him (sorry!).

The hotel was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was palatial in comparison to the Manhattan hotel we stayed at pre-cruise. The airport shuttle delivered us to LaGuardia quickly.

We did not venture out of the hotel, but ordered in food for both lunch and dinner from menus provided by the front desk. Both meals were excellent and we were grateful for the referrals.

I would certainly recommend this hotel, especially if just for an overnight stay before flying out of LaGuardia.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2007

I stayed here with my sister for two nights. My sister drove in over the Whitestone Bridge and it was very easy and convenient to get to. I flew into LaGuardia. The shuttle bus service was prompt and convenient. The room was very clean, and the bed was excellent. Very nice shower and bathroom as well. The major detraction for this hotel is the lack of any on-site or very nearby restaurants. However, the staff are very helpful in providing info for restaurants that will bring in food. We had an excellent salad, chicken wrap and pasta dish. The breakfast was good, including a waffle and hard-boiled eggs, along with yogurt, cereal, pastries and drinks.
The staff were pleasant and helpful. I would stay there again if I was in the area and needed a hotel.

• Liked — The bed and pillows.
  • Disliked — The lack of a restaurant on site or nearby.
  • Stayed April 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2007

It's a Fairfield Inn, so you should know exactly what to expect, and this hotel provides it, only a little bit better. Not a lot of frills, but the property is new and spotless; the rooms are quiet and comfortable; the breakfast is more than adequate and, most importantly, the front desk man, Benjamin, is a real professional who is in Marriott's corporate training program and will obviously go far in the hospitality business. Little things get taken care of -- I commented in passing about a snowdrift blocking an emergency exit, and it was gone within minutes.

The real downside is that the location is wildly inconvenient if you don't have a car. There is really nothing within walking distance -- it's a sort of district of warehouses and other large facilities. Their shuttle van will take you to a nearby shopping district, or to the subway, or to the airports, though.

Note that there are two Fairfield Inns near Laguardia; this one has "Flushing" in its name and the other has "Astoria" in its name.

• Liked — Clean, new, excellent staff
  • Disliked — Inconvenient location.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Manchester, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2007

I booked a night so that I would be close to a business meeting in the morning. I was very impressed with the friendly, courteous staff. The hotel doesn't have dining facilities other than breakfast but upon check-in, the staff asked what kind of food I would like for dinner and provided me with a choice of several different menus for area restaurants that offered delivery.
The continental breakfast was very good, offering fresh fruit, breakfast sandwiches and Belgian waffles.
The hotel offers complimentary cookies and also makes popcorn in the evening.
Parking was convenient and secure.
The room that I stayed in was on the small side, but very clean and bright. It reminded me of a European hotel.
Overall, it was a very pleasant experience.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing? Share your experiences!