“Clean But Far From It All” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 14 hotels in Flushing
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Clean But Far From It All”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

I booked through Priceline and ended up with the Fairfield Marriott in Flushing. I was in NYC for a leisure trip of sightseeing and catching a show. I did not realise how far the hotel would be. At first I was really depressed about it, but it ended up not being as bad as I thought it would. You are around the corner from the LIRR. There is a municipal parking lot near the station, so I didn't have to walk. The hotel is in a commercial/industrial area.

The hotel is typical Marriott standard. Everything was clean. The staff was courteous. The complimentary breakfast looked good with cereals, pastries and the like, but we chose to eat at a diner because we prefer real breakfast.

We only stayed the one night. I would not be irritated if I had to stay here again, but I would prefer to be closer to a train station.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

178 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

Wow! What a pleasant surprise. Between being an airport hotel in NYC and being a Fairfield Inn my expectations were pretty low, but boy was I wrong. The staff were amazingly friendly and helpful. We arrived near 10PM and they picked us up within 15 minutes. We still hadn't eaten dinner so they asked a couple questions and recommended a place. Nothing is really within walking distance, but it didn't matter because they offered to take us and pick us back up.

They recommended a GREAT Italian place that was extremely reasonable for New York City, Cascarino's. This place is the pizza place for the Mets. Once again we had incredible service. The following morning we were heading into the city and the shuttle service took us to the station so we could catch the train to downtown.

Wonderful staff and a nicely appointed facility. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Elliestar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

This hotel was booked through the hotel website for $109 a night.

On the positive side:
The hotel was very clean, the hotel staff very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was more than a contentinal, and the popcorn and cookies in the evening a nice plus. The room was adequate. No self service laundry facilities. Overall a great deal in New York for $109/night.

Hotel cons:
We booked this hotel because the hotel shuttle would drop you at the Subway station. You don't get dropped at the subway station, you get dropped "two blocks away" -- according to the front desk, at a gas station and walk to the subway station. It's 2 very, very long blocks, at least 5 city blocks long. I would not say this is the best neighborhood also. When you return, you are to walk the "2 blocks" back and wait in the gas station parking lot for the shuttle to pick you up. I was with my husband and two teenaged kids, I wouldn't have liked this walk if I were a women traveling alone (or with just my kids). Keep that in mind if you book this hotel. The subway is very easy though to get into New York - it's the number 7 line and it goes straight into Grand Central Station and then Times Square - very convenient location.

The hotel is right at the end of the airport runway and about 6:00 a.m. flights start taking off, it's very loud. Okay if you don't open your windows.

Overall I would recommend this hotel as long as you are not walking to the subway alone.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Keene, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

My husband and I drove down to NYC to see a Mets game at Citi Park. The hotel was easy to get to with a car with free parking on-site. We used #7 train to visit Manhattan. The hotel staff drove us to the Mets game and was there to pick us up afterwards. The hotel is located in an industrial area with Chinese DIY stores nearby. We went to see the gardens at Flushing Meadows also.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Noise level is slightly high due to trucking company and airport close by, not enough to keep you awake at night. Location very convenient to bus and train although they have a shuttle that takes you to the train. Parking (in the lot) is limited, although there is plenty of street parking on the side. We will definitely stay here again due to proximity to family and transportation into NYC.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Ft. Lauderdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2010

All of the positive reviews here are accurate. The property is very comfortable but located in an out of the way industrial area. If you have a car it will be fine since there is plentiful street parking.

The breakfast was typical Fairfield fare and was fine.

My call from the baggage area of the airport resulted in a quick pickup. Adam at the front desk was great.

My bed was perfect and the large bathroom was a welcome surprise.

My only complaint would be the noise level. My room overlooked the ConEd (power company) truck yard and at 5:30am it got quite noisy. Word to the wise, ask for a room on the opposite site of the hotel.

Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Newington, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

I stayed here with my daughter, who had an early flight the next day. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable, but the heating system was very loud. We turned the heater off overnight so that we could sleep, but then the room became very cold through the night...Shuttle to the airport (LGA) was very prompt. Shuttle to the subway ok, but they had to drop us off two blocks from the subway. Returning later that night - about 10:30pm, we had to wait over 40 minutes (& it was very cold outside) to be picked up, and then we had to fight for a seat on the van even though we were the first people at the pickup location...that was NOT good...

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing? Share your experiences!