“Best check-in ever” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Flushing
Osprey, FL
“Best check-in ever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Don't be taken back by the surrounding area. Lots of construction as they are building the NY Police Academy across the street and cannot cross College Point into hotel. Turning on side street and entering around back of hotel is tight, but once you're inside the efficient desk clerk removes any doubt. We quickly went up to our hotel room and it was spotlessly clean, plenty of towels and comfortable bed. TV great, too.
Only downside was the loud A/C unit that is under the window and only one elevator causing long waits when leaving your floor.
Complimentary wi-fi in room and breakfast made this night's lodging prior to morning flight a good choice. Shuttle runs on 1/2 hour so we did arrive early to LGA but not a problem.

Room Tip: Floor 3 was quiet and didn't hear planes but that could be the A/C was loud.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Decatur, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

My wife and I stayed here in May 2014 during an international layover. Rooms were spacious (for NY), affordable (for NY), clean, and the staff was very welcoming. We used the shuttle to LGA without issues. Great stay and great hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Lakewood, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I have stay here before but it's been a year since I was last there. To my surprise the management came out to greet me and welcome me back. I then had a beautiful letter welcoming me back from the Front Office Manager on the bed in my room.
The entire staff is so hospitable it's so refreshing. They will do whatever they can to make your stay memeorable and stress free. Plenty of choice to choose from that deliver on a regular basis to the hotel. I stayed for eight days and ate at the hotel for 7 of those days.
Easy access to NYC or what ever direction your going. I love this place and it's staff.

Steve Ezyk
UBC
Colorado

Room Tip: Order food delivery if your without a car. Many many choices!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I stayed over night at this hotel. The room was clean however it needed to be better lit and there was a lot of noise from traffic and planes. I wouldn't recommend this hotel because of the noise level from traffic and planes. If this is not an issue for you then you would do great. If noise is a problem not the best place to be.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

You have a wonderful front office manager, I believe her name is Stephanie. She was very pleasant, helpful and has a sweet personality; a great gal all around! She made me feel very welcome with her warm hospitality. Please give her a raise!

• Stayed February 2014
Pembroke Pines, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I'll start this review off with the biggest issue I had with this hotel: noise pollution. I really wish that I had listen to the other reviewers in regards to the outside noise, but since I have stayed near an airport before I had assumed it wouldn't be an issue. I was wrong, because not only did we get noise from the airport, but from truck yard directly across the way. It was a horrible mix that resulted in a rough night of sleep for all three of us in the room. I would definitely recommend asking for a room away from the construction site if you're going to stay here.

Other than that, I can honestly say that I had no problems with the hotel. The room itself was nice and the beds were very soft and comfortable. They offer shuttle service not only to & from the airport, but also drop you off/pick up near a subway station and anywhere within a mile of the building, which is nice. The continental breakfast is standard Marriott arrangement, but it's always nice to have a free breakfast that consists of more than just sugary carbs (eggs, fruit, breakfast meat, and yogurt were also offered). There were also free hot drinks, cookies, and popcorn in the lobby throughout the day.

Even with all these positives, I probably would not stay in this hotel again simply because of the issue with the outside noise. It's simply too much of an inconvenience to overlook for me which is why I'm giving this hotel only 3 stars.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room! If you're a light sleeper then the noise level will definitely be an issue...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Harold G, Manager at Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Newstarr411,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We apologize for the outside noise and any inconvenience it has caused. The construction site is the soon to be home of New York City's brand new Police Acadmey and will continue up until July. We are replacing our windows early this year that should help with this issue. If in the event you do have to travel around our area again please contact me for a better placement: hgonzalez@fairifeldinnlga.com. Take Care!!!

-Harold
colorado springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stayed for another 2 weeks over the holidays. The staff was very friendly and accommodating as usual. Antonio and the girl who took care of the breakfast room were still there and helpful as usual. I enjoyed the added hot breakfast of scrambled eggs and sausage. The only problem is the breakfast room is small and it gets crowded quickly in the morning. You have to get there early.
The noise of planes and trucks at night are still a problem but you get used to it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Nativeitalian,

Thank you for the amazing rating!!! Our staff is going to be delighted to hear they are being commended especially Antonio and our breakfast host. We apologize for the outside noise and the crowded breakfast room. Thank you for still returning to our property anything we can do to better your next stay do let us know: hgonzalez@fairfieldinnlga.com. Take Care!!!

-Harold

Been to Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing? Share your experiences!