“Wonderful hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 14 hotels in Flushing
Flushing, New York
“Wonderful hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Wonderful hospitality that makes me feel at home. I was met with a great smile at the front desk, Mr.Gonzalez welcomed me to the hotel and introduced me to the facilities at the hotel and the surroundings and asked how they can make my stay any pleasant. I was wowed by this service. Any time I come I will stay at this Marriott. I am an Elite. This places deserves recognition. Thank you!

Room Tip: Not to many dinner options nearby. Do ask front desk about options
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Harold G, Manager at Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Hello Fayez S,
I am very familiar with you. I’m sincerely glad I was able to help improve your travels. One thing is to offer an excellent service another is to receive much appreciation for it. You did say you will return and I’ll hold you to it. It was lovely having you stay with us. Feel free to contact me for your future reservations. We’ll take good care of you. Until next time, take very good care of yourself!!!

182 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Rock Hill, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

If you are looking for a hotel with a view, this isn't it, but if you want a nice place to stay, the Fairfield Inn will do you just fine. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the staff really does a great job of making your stay very pleasant. Extra props for the shuttle driver who not only got us where we needed to go, but actually carried on a conversation.

Room Tip: The hotel is close to the airport, so expect jet noise.
Hello Warren M,
Thank you for the much appreciated comments. Our staff here is spectacular. Everyone here is a leader of their own and drives guest satisfaction through the roof. We are the Fairfield Inn, a place you can sigh in relief on arrival and forget the rest because “we got you covered”. Our drivers love talking, and they talk not just about anything but on how they can improve your stay. They want to know about you. Everyone understands the meaning of hospitality here and we are so proud of it. Please return anytime, we will be here ready to serve you. Thank you
Brampton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

I have picked this hotel for it's distance from LaGuardia airport.
Arrived late at night and I was truly glad that I am not alone for this ride through the industral, not so friendly looking neighbohood. Pothole upon the pothole led us to the front of the hotel. Parking lot was full, street parking behind the hotel was available. Our room was on second(first) floor, facing lot full of heavy industrial vehicles. Room was very basic, looking tired, but clean. Bathroom shows its age as well, but once again, it was spotless.
Two double beds, chair, desk, and chest of drawers leaves no room to move around freely. The heating unit under the window was blowing directly over the bed that is just a step away from it. Beds were comfortable, pillows were good as well. Linens have a bit of abrasive feel to them, towels in the bathroom deserve to be replaced.
The hotel was rather quiet, street was calm but only due to the fact that we were staying over the weekend.
Breakfast area was overflowing with people, no chairs and table were available, no trays either so we could take the food to the room. Selection of food was great and fresh waffles saturated the lobby with inviting smell...but we had no chance to try as we could not get through the crowds and eventually we gave up trying to spill coffee on ourselves or someone else.
I have inquired about Marriott hotel membership and was asked if I am resident of USA...and if I can provide US address. The booklet was not available anyway, apparently they run out of them. This was my only interaction with the staff and it left me feeling unappreciated as a guest.
I would reccomend to stay over for transfer purposes only as the neigborhood and location is not suitable for outings and I am sure that during work days this must be very loud and not so great looking place for city trip.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Harold G, Manager at Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear LuvToTravel061,
Thank you for the helpful feedback. We will record your comments to track our trends and assess our never ending plans on improving our hotel. If you haven’t yet already discussed any dissatisfaction of your stay to our management team please feel free to contact me as I will be more than happy to assist with correcting your experience. Please email me at hgonzalez@fairfieldinnlga.com. Do not hesitate to reach out to me I look forward to speaking with you. Thank you so much for staying with our property. We know you have many options to select from and you chose to stay with Marriott.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Staff could not be more responsive. Thank you for driving me short distances as well as to and from the airport. it is a big help that there is a fridge and microwave and frozen dinners and drinks available because there are no restaurants near by.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Clpoulson,
Thank you for the kind feedback. We are always so glad to accommodate you and your hotel needs. Thank you for being such a loyal guest and pleasant company. We look forward to serving you next time around. It’s always a pleasure.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed 7 nights in New York, because New York accommodation are so expensive, so we decided in stead of stay in Manhatten, we stay little further out. We booked 7 nights at the Fairfield inn La Guardia Airport. We catch subway line 7 from flushing main station to Manhatten every day, bought 7 days subway pass for only $30. It only takes 25 mins to Manhatten, then you can use same subway ticket change to any other subway lines. Hotel has free mini van to send you and pick you up from station, only 2 mins away.
Breakfast in this hotel is great and health, you can even make your own fresh waffles. In the morning, hotel provide apples, in the afternoon, they provide fresh cookies and pop corn. You can go to Resturant to make your own coffee 24 hours. Rooms are so clean. I have worked in travel industry for 12 years, stayed lots of hotels in different countries, their cleaness is same as 5 star hotel standard. Staffs are very friendly and provide extra mile service.
Currently, we are still continuing our trip in USA. We stayed at Fairfield inn a week ago.
It is close to the La Guardia airport, but we hardly notice the noise. Maybe during the baseball match season, there are more flights in and out from La Guardia airport.
If you are on budget, do not want to pay big $ to stay in Manhatten, and like to catch public transport and talk to the locals. This is a good hotel to stay.

Room Tip: Room size is not big, but bathroom is with good size.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ting J,
Wow! I must say this review is excellent. You’ve touched on almost all of our highlights and it shows me our mission to serve you was completed. Thank you so so much for your wonderful comments. We will be excited to see you next time around. Happy Travels.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

What a terrific place. Staff is top notch especially Stephanie the Front Office Manager. The hotel is remarkably clean and remarkably well run. Rooms are clean, design perfect, everything functional and the beds comfortable. Wifi was dependable even in the Thunderstorms. The GM (Robert) is personable and concerned with guest needs.

Breakfast room is small. Standard Fairfield spread - which Marriott HAS to change. The menus in the room (Italian and Chinese) both were excellent dinners. I got lazy and ate in both nights. Coffee and tea always available -- popcorn and cookies during certain evening hours. Free but very limited parking available.

When the NYPD Academy opens across the street, this property will likely be 100% occupancy almost every night. It's a shame because for the rate paid, this was real value in the overpriced, general not-so-nice LaGuardia area.

Room Tip: I had a room facing the street and it was not bad at all.
Dear Marc R,
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you choosing Fairfield Inn LaGuardia Flushing for your hotel accommodating needs. Your review is music to my ears. It’s good to know that the hotel staff and leader is being recognized as everyone puts in hard work to do their part. Please come back anytime and let us know that you are also. Contact me personally at hgonzalez@fairfieldinnlga.com.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I arrived at the hotel late the night before an early flight from LGA... The hotel is not in an ideal location.. between the residential part of Flushing and a large industrial area near the airport. When I arrived late at night there was no parking available in the small lot there.. the person at the desk didn't seem to care and told me I could park on the street (I was not too keen on that idea). The hotel itself is very utilitarian -- good for the short purposeful stay.. but nothing I'd ever recommend for any other reason. There are no restaurants nearby... and I wouldn't venture out for a walk.....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Harold G, Manager at Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear katredd,
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you choosing Fairfield Inn LaGuardia Flushing for your hotel accommodating needs. I appreciate the comments and the ample description. We work effortlessly to make sure there aren’t any obstructions throughout your stay. I understand that parking is a most formidably limited factor. A common issue faced in the NYC area but one that we are here to help with. The side road you are referring to is a frequently guarded one by our neighboring Con Ed Security that makes the vehicles there safe to park. I do most certainly apologize for your experience on parking by the hotel. We do focus on making your stay from beginning to end as easy and transitional as possible and I’d like to know more details. Please feel free to contact me at hgonzalez@fairfieldinnlga.com. I look forward to speaking with you. Once again I appreciate your selection in our hotel and I hope after this you’ll be willing to return and recommend our hotel in the future.

Been to Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing? Share your experiences!