“Near Laguardia & great shuttle service!” 3 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Flushing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Villa Rica
“Near Laguardia & great shuttle service!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

The hotel staff was extremely helpful & friendly. Everyone wore a smile and was cheery every time I saw them The front desk staff was very courteous and even called to ensure my stay was going well. The shuttle from the airport was great and the shuttle that got us close to the metro system was very helpful. It made getting around quite easy. I was not upgraded although I am a Platinum member maybe they do not do that. The free morning breakfast is a good way to start the day. Light but enjoyable.
Had one issue my entire stay and that is that my bed linen was never changed:-( I told the front desk they passed the info on and on check out I shared it again with front desk they called house keeping manager and all he said was "I am sorry". Worse yet someone else was complaining of the issue. Other than that I enjoyed my stay.
If you like quiet select a room on the 4th floor I was on 1st and it was loud from the outside activities.

Room Tip: 4th Floor to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

Reece the auditor was extremely patient and helpful while I was scrambling looking for a room at the last minute. Ty to her :)

• Stayed March 2012
Center Valley, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

The hotel was clean and comfortable. As a Platinum Rewards member I was not upgraded but the room was comfortable and served my needs. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Our stay was perfect. The hotel staff was friendly and courteous. The room was great, and the breakfast was as expected.
A special thanks for recognizing the importance of helping the handicapped. When we arrived, the only handicapped parking stall was being used by the hotel van. They immediately moved it to make way for my car. My wife and I went into Manhattan later that day. When we arrived back at the hotel near midnight, the van was in the handicapped stall again, but a staff member came out and moved it for us without even having to be asked. They saw us coming and "jumped to the pump". Congratulations for that. We will definately stay there again if and when I am in the NYC area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Nueva York, Nueva York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

Stayed before an early morning LGA flight. Hotel and room were new, very clean and comfortable. Pleasant, well organized staff. Had snacks in the evening and coffee to go early in the morning. Located 10 minutes from LGA terminal. It is in a more industrial neighborhood but it's fine. Could be tricky to find hotel location and our GPS mislead us to a non-existant highway exit, but was easy once we knew. Would stay here again for next early flight.

Room Tip: Not a noisy area so all rooms should be fine.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Wesley Chapel, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

This was a good choice of hotel. The price was decent ($129.00 plus taxes) for a Thanksgiving and Black Friday stay. The hotel offers a shuttle service that takes you to two blocks from the subway. I felt perfectly safe walking the two blocks too and from. You call the hotel as you approach the drop spot and they send the shuttle immediately. The breakfast provided each morning was great. The space was a little small but very clean and had staff there to assist. They had a selection of fresh Belgium waffles, microwave egg/meat sandwiches (Jimmy Dean), bagels, English muffins, toast, muffins, fresh apples and bananas, containers of Dole pink grapefruit sections and pineapples, yogurt, cereals, oatmeal, juices, milks, coffee, tea, hot chocolate. Very satisfied! Also, was nice to go back to the hotel at night to find fresh baked cookies and fresh popped popcorn. The rooms were small but clean. I would definitely stay here again and recommend to anyone!

• Stayed November 2011
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

I booked this hotel because I needed a place outside of Manhattan where I could stay that wouldn't charge me extra to park my car overnight. It is somewhat close to Laguardia, though not as close as some of the other hotels (that don't have great reviews either!). I read the reviews for this hotel on this website, and I admit, I was a little skeptical, but went for it anyway. I was really impressed, to say the least, at how pleasant it was to stay here! The staff, including the front desk personnel, shuttle driver, breakfast attendant and cleaning staff were ALL very professional and always willing to help. The rooms were clean and well decorated. The only criticism I have is the quality of the bath towels...they really need to upgrade them, and also maybe add heavier blankets. The breakfast was great, a step up from the standard complimentary cold breakfast. The shuttle service was excellent, convenient to the airport and car rental offices. Some reviews noted the less than stellar quality of the surrounding neighborhood, but I didn't find this to be a problem. It sits on the edge of a light industrial area, but to the north of the site along College Point Blvd there are plenty of shopping outlets and a more mixed neighborhood of businesses and residences, so it's not really in the middle of nowhere! Overall, I had a great stay, and recommend this place without hesitation.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing? Share your experiences!