“Great value, great taste” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #215 of 588 Restaurants in Flushing
Cuisines: Korean
New York City, New York
“Great value, great taste”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

In my Flushing neighborhood, there are many Korean restaurants. I've tried a handful, and this is a top-notch choice. Recently I went for lunch on a Friday early afternoon. I was welcomed warmly, and seated. Immediately I was served hot barley tea (delicious and bracing on a cold day) and given a menu. I chose Gopdol bibimbap. And I was served, in Korean fashion, 7 small appetizers. In the attached picture, they are, from left to tight: a rice gruel, lotus root (al dente, in light sesame oil; the best of all of the apps), fish cake, kimchi, soybean sprouts, broccoli crowns, and a cabbage leaf dipped in a light eggwash and fried, superb). The bibimbap was served piping hot in a clay bowl, and the waitress mixed it for me (I added my own red bean paste). I was served a second glass of barley tea, and given a small serving of cantaloupe after my meal. All this for 9 bucks. Superb food, nice atmosphere, fantastic value. Highly recommended.

• Visited January 2013