“great view” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Flushing
Tholen, The Netherlands
“great view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

A perfect hotel for visiting New York. Breakfast on the roof of the hotel. Sitting in the sunshine enjoying a very good and fresh breakfast with a view on the skyline of manhattan.
near La guardia and JFK airport.
Shuttle to the Metro

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Kit L, General Manager at Hotel de Point, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Dear MarjadeBakker,

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review! We are so happy you and your family were able to enjoy breakfast upstairs on our rooftop and take in the view. It is definitely a site to see when visiting our property!

Kit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Chattanooga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I was highly impressed with this hotel. The room was modernly furnished and clean. The hotel staffers are extremely nice and helpful. They have a free shuttle that takes you to Main St. Flushing next to the 7 train which offers you easy access to Manhattan. The breakfast was good. The area, College Point, is nice and located next to the hidden gem of Queens: Whitestone. Would definitely stay there again if the opportunity arises.

Green Features: The hotel is solar powered. That was a big draw for me during my research process.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Julio A,

Thank you so much for taking time to write us a great review! We look forward to having you stay with us in the future!

Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

work rescheduled, me and my coworker stucked in New York, so we found hotel de point which was close to LGA airport. The hotel was beautiful, modern decoration just fresh people up. One thing what I like the most was the breakfast there. Servers there were super nice, and lot hot food such as waffle, fried eggs, and sausage which was great for Asian, different from other hotel only serve cold food, and the outdoor view was just fabulous, especially in summer, just made my day~!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Yohei T,

Thank you so much for taking time out to write such a great review for our Hotel! We hope to see you again soon!

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

A flight cancelation out of LGA left me needing a hotel nearby for the night. I stumbled on this unique hotel because it was the only one with shuttle service to LGA with non-smoking rooms left. The staff were very helpful with information about the hotel amenities and services. The hotel was clean and modern with a large rooms and a cute little convenience area with Ice, vending, water cooler and microwave in the foyer by the elevator. There were several restaurants, shops and a supermarket in walking distance that served the surrounding Asian neighborhood but seemed welcoming to all visitors. A little further away was a shopping center and movie theater-I think it was less than a mile away. If I'm ever stuck at LGA again I would stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear bernadettelw,

Thank you so much for your kind review! We hope to see you again in the future!

Hyde Park, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

The night I stayed here was a horror story! I wanted a hotel near the airport for an early morning flight. When I finally found the hotel, no thanks to the faulty directions that I was given, I was immediately suspicious about it. A hotel tied to a commercial complex with no available parking?? What was I in for? Well, I should have listened to my intuition. All I wanted was a good night's sleep before my flight. How bad could it be? Well, it was very, very bad. I got no sleep whatsoever because of the party in the roof top bar that went on all night long, past 4:00 in the morning! The music was so loud, I constantly heard the thumping bass....all night long. The windows were vibrating. And, after 4:00, the party goers moved into the parking lot, continuing to make all their riotous noise. I got maybe a half hours sleep the entire night. At 6:30, when breakfast was supposed to start, the staff was still cleaning up the mess. My shoes were sticking to the floor as I walked in. It was disgusting. I was told there was a big party that night and they needed to finish cleaning before breakfast would be ready. Well, I knew all about the party. Heard it all night long. Can't even comment about breakfast. Never saw it. I had to catch a flight. When I went outside, the parking lot was littered with garbage and even smelled like a beer hall. I had planned on leaving my car at the hotel while I was away, but decided against it. I wasn't sure what kind of condition my car would be in by the time I returned. As it was, it had gotten some scratches overnight. I ended up taking my car to the airport and used their long term parking lot. Had I known about this disaster of a hotel, I would have never booked it and would have made other travel arrangements. I will never stay here again and will inform everyone that's looking for a hotel close to the airport to look elsewhere, unless they want a completely horrible experience!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear CW,

I am deeply sorry about this horrible experience you had during your stay. I would like to tell you that since your stay the rooftop club has been shut down and noise will no longer be an issue for our guests.

Bali, Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I go to this hotel very often because of my work, is my company the one that have chosen this hotel.
Let's start with the good things; they used to have a terrible shower and they fixed it, now is good, better than average.
Rooms are spacious modern and clean as well as the bath room.
The employees, except for one old lady, are very friendly, helpful and professional. The manager, available most of the times, is easy to reach and understanding, although quite often he can do nothing to solve the problems that arise constantly.
In the same building, fourth floor, there is a very good Chinese restaurant with a more than reasonable quality price ratio.
Breakfast takes place in the upper floor of the building with very good views and extremely professional and friendly workers/waiters and cook.
Now the bad points; at least one out of two times, although the room is reserved in advance, you wait 2 or 3 hours for another guest to check out before you can check inn. If they cannot provide the rooms at the time they are booked, they should say so in advance and do not have the customers waiting at the reception sometimes up to 3 or 4 hours.
When the weather changes and the outside air temperature drops or rises as it does in New York frequently, as the air conditioned mode is only changed from the hotel control center and not from each room, some days you freeze or melt and they can do nothing for a couple of days because maintenance people do not work on weekends and without them, they don't know how to fix it.
Breakfast although basic, is good but served in plastic dishes, with plastic forks, knives and paper glasses. A pity.
The hotel offers a shuttle for the customers, that takes you every hour to Main Street. This is good, but the locals uses this Shutel instead of the local bus Q25 although they are not entitled to. This is ok until the day you find that instead of the clients using the bus, the Chinese driver prefers to take Chinese locals, to hotel clients and then you are the one that takes the Bus. The other driver, when there is not enough seats, invites the locals to take the bus and let the clients use the hotel Shutel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mark T.,

Thank you for writing a review. We are very happy that you have noticed some of the hotel changes that we have been working on to improve our guest's stay.

I'm sorry to hear you had to wait for your room. We are working on this issue right now regarding wait time for check in. Within the last month, we have not had any guest wait more than 15 minutes for their room. We hope that you never have to experience this again.

Regarding maintenance issues, we have currently hired part time maintenance that will be here to work on weekends, eliminating the wait time for room issues to be resolved.

The shuttle service has been talked to about this issue and we hope to never run into this problem again. We have talked to the drivers who allow this and they are now aware not to pick up locals and certainly not to only cater to one race.

We hope to work on and address all your issues stated and that you keep having a comfortable stay with us in the future!

Breanne
Woodmere, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

15 minute drive from Laguardia Airport. They Hotel is above some shopping, in the same lot as a Safety swim and I have heard people complain about the parking but we had no problem. The hotel is modern and clean with very friendly staff. The room was fine and as advertised. Nice shower comfy bed. big flat screen tv.

The blinds on the window were a little strange and could have been darker but ok, i like that the window could actually open. The things to do in the hotel were fun. There are many shops and restaurants some not affilitated with the hotel. I had breakfast (free) at the rooftop lounge and it was excellent. Sausage, pastries, eggs, bagels coffee cereal typical breakfast fare nothing fancy but its nice sitting on the rooftop (you can sit inside or out) and enjoying a filling breakfast which was included the people working were very nice. The hotel staff is mainly asian but not everyone. Front desk is not all asian pretty much everything else is. We went to the karaoke bar which is not exactly a karaoke bar. They have probably 20 private rooms that fit anywhere from 2-12. Comfy couches. You can order food or drinks and they bring them to your lounge. We were 4 and we had fruit platter, 2 orders of shumai, probably 6 shots and 4 drinks came to 107 and we left a 20 tip. The karaoke itself was ok big screen tv with a karaoke machine. Not enough songs and some of the songs were strangely not sung by the artist who normally performs the song but that was fun. Not too expensive and a good time. They are not affiliated with the hotel so make sure to not try to charge the bill to your room because between their non understanding of english and being a little tipsy it can be quite confusing. All in all a very nice time in a modern all be it strange set up of a hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Yolo,

Thank you so much for your kind review! I'm so happy you were able to take advantage of the other vendors in our complex.

I'm also very happy you enjoyed breakfast as we have been working hard since we opened to improve the selection. We hope to see you again when you visit the area!