“I am Confused I think” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Flushing
new york
“I am Confused I think”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This hotel is the most bizarro hotels of all time. Booking last minute for an lga airport hotel, I got the Point. I used my gps and it took me to the strip mall at a very large Chinese supermarket in a semi industrial part of town. I saw a sign for the hotel and walked into a vestibule which had 2 elevators. Still confused I pushed the right button for hotel lobby. The elevator door opened to a nice hotel lobby with a very nice young lady working check in. Still dazed and confused she assured me I was at a hotel. I went to the room which was clean and comfortable. The bathroom and shower were fabulous. Very nice but still bizarre. They have a buffet. The door to the elevator opens up and this buffet looks like something out of the mirage in Las Vegas. It was fabulous. Fresh fish, shrimp, clams, crabs sushi chicken steak etc etc etc, don't miss this buffet for a little over 30 bucks. Tell them your staying at hotel and you get a discount. I explore some more, there is a spa in the basement next to the laundry by the pound. Spa does a $38 hour long massage special. It was fabulous. Than make your way up to the roof to the bar, great views of NYC and Queens. Overall this hotel was good clean and comfortable. It is out of the way in my opinion. And I still feel like I was checking into an Chine supermarket. Don't get me wrong, I like Chinese supermarkets . This place is like an Asian Disney World for adults.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Kit L, General Manager at Hotel de Point, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Tomf3823,

Welcome to our unique hotel! We are glad you found your way to the lobby and took time to write this review! We hope you enjoyed all the other businesses in our complex during your stay. The Buffet is definitely a must have while staying at Hotel de Point.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Kit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Liverpool, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel was very modern and clean. The rooms are bright and roomy with modern furniture and fixings. The security measures are very impressive to keep unwanted persons from entering the hotel. Parking was never an issue and the hotel staff was very polite. The morning breakfast buffet was appreciated. It is served on the roof top with awesome views of the surroundings. The only negative is having to eat your breakfast at a sofa like atmosphere with the tables at knee level. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Bring your camera to take breath taking views from the roof top where breakfast is served.
Dear Sunlaborer,

Thank you so much for your kind review! Our modern look gives the hotel a timeless feel and hope our guests think the same.

We take security at the hotel very seriously, thank you for taking notice of our security measures. Being in a building complex with other businesses is a challenge, but our guest's safety is our number on priority.

Since the breakfast area just became a club at night, we are still working out some breakfast kinks, again we thank you for being honest. We will look into the seating options in the morning.

Point Pleasant, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We chose this hotel because of its convenient location to Citi Field and decent price. The parking situation was a nightmare. Their parking lot was small and full due to people visiting the adjacent restaurant. The parking lot attendants instructed us to park in a handicap spot and assured us that police don't come around often. Needless to say we did not park there. We were then instructed to park in another spot but were then told to come back in 2 hours to move it. The next morning, we attempted to call the front desk several times over a 2 hour period to find out what time check out was and no one was answering. At 11am, guest services came banging on our door asking us to check out, followed by a phone call from the front desk. We informed them that we had made several attempts to call to find out what time check out was and they responded with "we didn't receive any calls". We will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear LuAnne N,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review for our hotel. I would like to start out by apologizing for the parking situation. We had a large group in house that required a lot of van parking and the rest of the building was not prepared and we will take full responsibility for it.

I would like to also apologize for our front desk not picking up the phone. There are no excuses for this and will address this issue with the staff to prevent this from occurring in the future. We hope in the future you will give us another chance and stay with us again. Please contact me directly if you have any further concerns.

Stockton,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

The staff is nice but doesn't communicate with one another if there is a problem..which there was. Both Kevin's (there are 2), Sierra and George were very nice and helpful. Kathy however (who starts her shift at 6:30am), is somewhat annoying, talks over people and seems to be argumentative for no reason. The room was nice, modern and clean. The shampoo, conditioner and body wash was the worst I've ever used. The shower setup sucked. The water took a long time to heat up. For the price, it was acceptable.
DO NOT...I CANT STRESS THIS ENOUGH...DO NOT use the Lemon Tree Spa. They are separate from the hotel but were recommended by them. I went during business hours but was told to come back the next day and make an appt. There were two workers and no patrons but they had a worker leave early that wasn't supposed to so they wanted to close early. The front desk woman was yelling at the top of her lungs in Chinese as well as slamming the phone handset on the desk while she was talking to this employee who left early. She finished talking to the employee and then just sat there with her arms folded. So we came back the next day. The employee she was yelling at was our masseuse. She was supposed to give me a 30 minute massage but only set her timer at 21 minutes. She started the timer when i went in the room to get undressed. The massage lasted exactly 17 minutes. She then argued with me in Chinese and got her boss on the phone. We are white and know NO Chinese. I just wanted to get out of there but she put the phone up next to my face to talk to her boss because I complained to the receptionist (the one who was yelling at her the previous day). They apparently don't like each other. The boss said "30 minutes goes by a lot faster than it seems. Im not there so I cant say who is right."
The customer is always right!! Unless you are at the Lemon Tree Spa!
After paying, we were asked if we were going to tip. So unpleasant and rude. All in all, if you are going to use anything besides just the hotel room, unless you are Chinese, it will just be a frustrating mess.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Bethany,

Thank you for taking time out to write a review on our hotel. I am glad you had pleasant experiences with most of our front desk staff. They are great! I apologize for the shower setup and soaps in the bathroom. This is something that I will have to look into, so thank you for bringing that to my attention.

As for the Lemon Tree Spa, we are not associated with them, but would like to apologize on their behalf. That is not acceptable and will address this with the owners. We do not want to see this happen again to our guests.

If you have any other concerns, please contact me directly.

Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

i've just spent 4 nights at hotel de point, i also booked 2 further rooms for my elder parents and in laws. it was ideal hotel for both generation of people for many reasons. Excellent wifi, exceptionally friendly services cant go unnoticed. The breakfast was also good, especially the wow view, i didnt really expected that, but i gotta say it was awesome!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Azusa t.,

Thank you so much for your kind review!! We have been working on improving all aspects of the hotel, so we thank you for taking notice and enjoying your stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Lisbon, Portugal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Clever idea for an hotel, restaurants, spa and laundry on the basement, supermarket on the ground floor, rooms and bars / disco on upper floors (clearly not a good match). Breakfast area is the disco at night on the rooftop. In the morning, this place is still smelly and dirty and you don't have a proper space to eat (is still with the tiny tables, couches and disco ball). You will eat in plastic dishes and it is missing such things as cheese and hot milk for a breakfast (you'll have noodles instead). Good things regarding this hotel: Friendly crew, specially the two young ladies in the reception and the shuttle driver; good rooms (TV), shuttle service. Negative points: breakfast, noise in the corridors (specially at night due to the bars), rooms are not properly cleaned and well thought (like when you can't turn on the shower water without being caught with cold and freezing water), printer not working on the 4th floor for a long time. It is a new hotel and is getting better, really slowly. It was a smart business idea that could work, but lacks good management, good construction and maybe there was just an abundance of ideas in the end.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms next to the lift area.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Anita C.,

Thank you so much for leaving your honest review. Yes, we are an odd little place, but we like to think that our guest never have to leave the complex if they don't wish to. Everything is an elevator ride away!

Thank you for your review on our breakfast. We are constantly trying to improve our food menu and breakfast area, so I will bring up your concerns at our next hotel meeting. I will have to address the rooms not being cleaned well with housekeeping, as we take pride in the cleanliness of our rooms. I would like to apologize for that. We will take your thoughts and concerns and address them to improve our guest's experience and we hope to see you again in the future!

Shreveport, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Hello Everybody,

We stayed here for 5 nights for a conference. Excellent customer service. Taxi service is a little bit slow but understandable due to traffic.

The hotel Shuttle service is amazing! Saved us a lot of money to and fro from Subway station in morning and evening. Very punctual as well.

Highly Recommend!

Room Tip: You will enjoy the experience, many things to do at this hotel and grocery store, buffet and bar. Sh...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Kit L, General Manager at Hotel de Point, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Hi MKMD2014,

Thank you so much for your kind review!! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We would love to have you again when you come back to the area.

Our complimentary shuttle service is something we love to offer our guest because we know how pricey taxis and busses can be!

Thank you again! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Been to Hotel de Point? Share your experiences!