“Very nice hotel in NYC” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Flushing
New Haven, Connecticut
“Very nice hotel in NYC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

The rooms were very clean and spacious, nice staff. The breakfast was pretty good, and the view from the hotel is wonderful. Convenient shuttles and bus stops outside hotel that go to Flushing, where you can take the subway to Manhattan.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Kit L, General Manager at Hotel de Point, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Tony C.,

I am glad you had a nice stay. I see that we did not receive any perfect markings on any of the six categories Tripadvisor provided. Please feel free to call me at 718-358-8700 to offer any suggestions on how to make your stay a perfect one. Thank you again for the fine review.

Kit Leung

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
New Haven, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This was a great hotel to stay in. The rooms were more than enough spacious and because the hotel was so new everything was super nice. It'll get better once they are fully done constructing it. as well. Overall if you're looking for a cheap, convenient place to stay, then go for it!

Dear Jiou,

Thank you so much for the great review. We will make sure your next stay with us will be as good as the first.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

The location of this hotel was a bit far out from the main part of Flushing, but no complaints about the cleanliness and the service! Everything was impeccable and the hotel had a very classy, modern feeling to it. Overall a great stay!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear firelioness,

Thank you for the great review. I agree with you that there is a little distance from Hotel de Point to Main St. Flushing. We offer the free shuttle service to make it as easy as possible for the guest's to enjoy everything NY has to offer. I'm glad you had a great stay and hope you come back to visit in the future.

New Haven, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed there for a night with friends, had a great time! The staff were very flexible and gracious, and the beds were SO. SOFT. Everything was modern and quite classy for the price! Overall, a great place, would definitely recommend.

Dear Shirlz721,

Thank you for the perfect review. I'm glad you and your friends had a great time and were able to sleep comfortably after a long day. Please look us up next time you are in the neighborhood.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Booked a room on a whim as a treat for me and my boyfriend. When we checked into our room we found we were in a double in spite of booking a king less then an hour ago. When I called the front desk and explained that I lived several blocks away and booked to stay in a king bed I was told to they were sold out although they were available on the hotel's site and hotels.com. I was told to speak to the manager in the morning. The bathroom was disgusting with a giant clump of black hair and other alien objects in the toilet as well as hair in the sink. In spite of receiving a late check out (we arrived late at night) we were woken up by housekeeping and twice by the front desk, The second call was from the front desk manager, George, who was rude bordering on abusive. When I told him we were given a check out time of 1, he said if we stayed until 1 we would be charged. When we checked out I showed the agent a picture of the toilet. He made the appropriate faces (it was really gross) but did not offer an apology. I asked to speak to the manager- in fact I had seen him as we exited the elevator, and was told that was not an option. All in all I spent $200 to have interrupted sleep in a bed smaller then my own. I gave the hotel every opportunity to recover the situation and would've been happy with a sincere apology but never received one.

Room Tip: Rooms are nice enough but don't book if you have a preference for room type.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Maitredame,

Please accept my apologize for your unsatisfactory stay. The hotel needs to do better in providing great customer service. There were circumstances that inhibited us from providing you the king bed you requested and a later check out as you would have like but in the end the customer is always right and I apologize we were not able to accommodate you. I saw that Choice Brand was able to rectify the situation to your satisfaction and bring a happy ending to a unsatisfactory stay.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Clean,new hotel,rooms are normal ,breakfast very bad and the lady in the resturant very rude with the customers,reception staff very helpful and nice especially ms.candice ,no room service available also AC very noisy

Room Tip: All the same
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Frank F.,

I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with your stay. With your help we are able to provide better guest experience. Since your review that has been many changes made in the breakfast department. We are also currently looking into to the A/C issue. We hope you stay with us again to give us a chance to provide a great overall experience.

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days 2 nights. This hotel is so clean and the design is modern. We just love it! The staff are very nice. They try to arrange transportations for us. Staff especially Kit, George and Kathy are very helpful when we asked for information. We also love the breakfast that they served. Nice food and nice staff. The roof garden in the roof top of the building. You could see nice view over there.

I highly recommend this hotel. This is the best hotel I have ever stayed - Reasonable price and nice people around.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Victoria G.,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I hope you stay with us again when you are in the area.

Kit Leung

Been to Hotel de Point? Share your experiences!