“Cozy, clean and modern!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Flushing
New Haven, Connecticut, United States
“Cozy, clean and modern!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed there for a night with friends, had a great time! The staff were very flexible and gracious, and the beds were SO. SOFT. Everything was modern and quite classy for the price! Overall, a great place, would definitely recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Kit L, General Manager at Hotel de Point, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Shirlz721,

Thank you for the perfect review. I'm glad you and your friends had a great time and were able to sleep comfortably after a long day. Please look us up next time you are in the neighborhood.

Kit Leung

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Booked a room on a whim as a treat for me and my boyfriend. When we checked into our room we found we were in a double in spite of booking a king less then an hour ago. When I called the front desk and explained that I lived several blocks away and booked to stay in a king bed I was told to they were sold out although they were available on the hotel's site and hotels.com. I was told to speak to the manager in the morning. The bathroom was disgusting with a giant clump of black hair and other alien objects in the toilet as well as hair in the sink. In spite of receiving a late check out (we arrived late at night) we were woken up by housekeeping and twice by the front desk, The second call was from the front desk manager, George, who was rude bordering on abusive. When I told him we were given a check out time of 1, he said if we stayed until 1 we would be charged. When we checked out I showed the agent a picture of the toilet. He made the appropriate faces (it was really gross) but did not offer an apology. I asked to speak to the manager- in fact I had seen him as we exited the elevator, and was told that was not an option. All in all I spent $200 to have interrupted sleep in a bed smaller then my own. I gave the hotel every opportunity to recover the situation and would've been happy with a sincere apology but never received one.

Room Tip: Rooms are nice enough but don't book if you have a preference for room type.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Maitredame,

Please accept my apologize for your unsatisfactory stay. The hotel needs to do better in providing great customer service. There were circumstances that inhibited us from providing you the king bed you requested and a later check out as you would have like but in the end the customer is always right and I apologize we were not able to accommodate you. I saw that Choice Brand was able to rectify the situation to your satisfaction and bring a happy ending to a unsatisfactory stay.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Clean,new hotel,rooms are normal ,breakfast very bad and the lady in the resturant very rude with the customers,reception staff very helpful and nice especially ms.candice ,no room service available also AC very noisy

Room Tip: All the same
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Frank F.,

I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with your stay. With your help we are able to provide better guest experience. Since your review that has been many changes made in the breakfast department. We are also currently looking into to the A/C issue. We hope you stay with us again to give us a chance to provide a great overall experience.

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days 2 nights. This hotel is so clean and the design is modern. We just love it! The staff are very nice. They try to arrange transportations for us. Staff especially Kit, George and Kathy are very helpful when we asked for information. We also love the breakfast that they served. Nice food and nice staff. The roof garden in the roof top of the building. You could see nice view over there.

I highly recommend this hotel. This is the best hotel I have ever stayed - Reasonable price and nice people around.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Victoria G.,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I hope you stay with us again when you are in the area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I have been to fancy hotels in the city, but Hotel de Point put those others to shame. The service was suburb!! George, Kit, Kathy, Tyion, Kandace, Andrew, and rest of staff, including housekeeping, were the best to my family and me during our stay. We had unique circumstances, and the staff was always very understanding and accommodating. We had a double bed room, and it was very spacious and very clean. . The hotel is also convenient to trains and buses. We thoroughly enjoyed our time here and would definitely come back and also refer to friends and family.
Thank you!! PS

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kit L, General Manager at Hotel de Point, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear Patricia S.,

I am happy Hotel de Point was able to make your stay so enjoyable. We hope you stay with us again when you are in the neighborhood. Thank you and take care.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Others have mentioned loud AC. It was loud, but I only noticed after I read the reviews and I was exhausted enough that frankly, it didn't matter. So, no points lost for the AC. Staff seemed friendly enough, though we are pretty low maintenance so we didn't really challenge them much. Breakfast was plentiful, with a spectacular view. Nothing exceptional on the menu -about the only thing that was average about this hotel.

High ceilings, bathroom with modern, cave-like lines, beautiful rooms, lovely lobby. Lots of nearby restaurants with reasonable prices. Easy, free parking.

All in all, a gem for the price we paid.

• Stayed September 2013
Kit L, General Manager at Hotel de Point, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear RoadTakenEM,

Thank you for taking the time out to write such a thorough review. As you mentioned about the noisy A/C, it is being addressed as we are trying to figure a solution. We have had the manufacture come out to assist us in finding the root of the problem. I hope to get this issue resolved in a timely manner.

Parede, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Super clean, no room service for International travellers, excellent value for money. Plenty of Chinese places to eat around and in the Hotel. Should have black out curtains for crew.Very pleasent hotel to stay

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Calica1955,

Thank you very much for your kind words. You are absolutely correct as we are in the process of fitting all rooms with the blackout curtains. I hope the next time you come to visit we will have a room with newly installed curtains for you.

Kit Leung

Been to Hotel de Point? Share your experiences!