“Awesome place!!! GREAT STAFF, GREAT SERVICE.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Flushing
“Awesome place!!! GREAT STAFF, GREAT SERVICE.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I enjoyed my two week long stay at this new hotel, the prive is reasonable, it has a nice modern look, very quiet and peaceful, restaurants and shops attached for extra convenience and STEVEN AND JESSICA are Awesome!! :) WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK. Location is difficult but nice overall

• Stayed October 2012
Peter R, General Manager at Hotel de Point, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Vteresa,

Thank you for the Kind words about our hotel. Its always great to hear that your stay was GREAT and the you will stay with us again on your return to NYC.

I will personally let Steve and Jessica know that thier service made your trip...Our staff always tries to be the best they can with everyone and again am proud to know it shows.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

What a hidden gem this place is! Spent the day in the city and decided to stay over night. Not wanting to pay $500 - $800 per night we decided to look just outside the city. I am so thrilled with our choice. This hotel has a "4 bridge" view of the city, you can see everything from this beautiful rooftop patio! Everything is spotless and modern, would definitely go back to this hotel. :) The only thing that some may consider negative is the location...we were almost on top of it and didn't see it. The entrance is on a side street and may seem a bit confusing but no big deal. Oh... they also have a gorgeous restaurant, a floor with a bar and karaoke, shops, supermarket all in one. I highly recommend staying here!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Peter R, General Manager at Hotel de Point, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear AmieW1971,

Thank you for choosing the Hotel De Point, yes we are very modern and very high tech. to add to your comments we are also energy efficient, we produce over 50kw of our own energy daily and we pride ourselves on being very Green.

Yes, the idea is that we picked an area of Northern Queens, College Point over the past 10 or so years the area is starting to spike in new development and we are glad to be a part of it. Yes we are doing quite a bit to get more lighting outside and more directional information out as soon as possible.

Being that we have been open just less than 2 months we take all comments such as your to keep raising the bar daily. So thank you for the ideas about getting here, that is half the problem is getting here or anywhere for that matter.

I'm glad to see you enjoyed the views on the roof top, it is a relaxing place to go and sit and just watch the sunset or have a few drinks with friends while admiting the views of Manhattan. We look very much forward to seeing you again.
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My flight was cancelled by Delta airlines so they put me in this hotel. I spent close to 6 hours that night because i got there late. The hours were worth the stay,. The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. The hotel organized for a shuttle that picked me up and dropped me at the airport the following morning.
To the hotel management; keep up the good work. You deserve more stars on this facility

Room Tip: I guess all rooms are fine
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Joy O.,

Again such kind words from persons who did not even plan to be here...Since we are between a Airport/Suburban type of Hotel we cater to not just the Airport but visitors to NYC.

It was a pleasure to read your reply about the Hotel and that we met your expectations and thank you again for the kind words about the hotel as a whole. We welcome you back, maybe next time you can plan to come rather being stuck in NY...we look forward to serving you in the future..
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Our flight home got re-scheduled, Delta airline was very nice to arrange us an overnight stay close to LaGuardia airport free of charge. We were driven to this hotel around 9:30PM. The surrounding area was not appealing, however I could be wrong as it was dark when we arrived. Lobby is on the second floor. Check-in process was prompt. Complimentary WiFi. Room was clean, high ceiling, looked fresh, we felt the decor is a bit cold, too white. Bed was comfy, sleep was good, quiet. Simple breakfast was provided.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Ottawarlp,

First let me say Sorry that you had been re-scheduled with Delta, I can only imagine how fustrating it must be knowing your stuck somewhere when you should have been back home. However, I am happy to know that your stay with us made up for the layover.

We are here to provide the best accomodations to all of our guests whether planned or not we do want you to be comfortable. The neighborhood is a residential/commercial area of Northern Queens, New York. The last few years the neighborhood is starting to make a new move to a trendy, hip area and we are glad to be part of it.

NYPD is building a new Police Acadamy just a few blocks away, new developements are being built around us and see this really making a mark in Queens and NYC in General. Hope the next time you stay with us is planned, however if your every stuck in New York again please call us!
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

we only stayed for one night but is was a wonderfully comfortable room. this was a pit-stop for us after a long day of travel and we couldn't have stumbled upon a better place to just relax. the bed was huge and comfortable. the bathroom was spacious with a shower big enough for two people. the only thing lacking in the room was a mini-bar,you could tell that they plan to install it but i suppose the hotel is just too new. the restaurants aren't open yet but look promising. it was late so that didn't affect us. this is one beautiful, modern hotel and i recommend it to anyone who like us wanted something close to the airport to just rest in peace and quite before continuing their journey.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Helene S.

Thank you for your comments about the Hotel and the Complex. We and I personally Thank you for choosing us.

Opening in August was an exciting time and since then yes it has been more exciting due to that we had a complete Grand Opening for the Entire complex. Our Buffet, Pizzarias, Spa, Roof Top Lounge and everything came on line just in the last few weeks. To celebrate we are going to be posting packages in the near future for all to enjoy the entire complex and not just hotel.

We thank you for the kind words and invite you back to stay with us again on your next trip to the Big Apple!
Ossining, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I was looking to do a group at the Hotel de Point and I met with Natalie Serse and she gave me a site tour. I was a little nervous about the outside of the building because there is still construction going on but once I got inside, it completely made up for it. The inside is really modern and neat looking, impeccably clean and inviting; definitely what I was looking for. Ms. Serse really made me feel welcome and gave great info about the hotel and what they can offer my group, I am looking forward to working with her. The only thing I am just a little disappointed that the restaurants won’t be open until another month but it will be in time for my group.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
natalie s, Director of Sales at Hotel de Point, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Erin,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It was a pleasure showing you around the hotel! As I mentioned, construction deadlines can always get tricky! I definitely apologize that the other venues in the complex were not complete for you to experience during your tour. However, they will be ready within the next few weeks; definitely in time for your group!

I know you will be pleasantly surprised when you come for your 2nd visit, as the complex has been progressing rapidly every day!

Thank you, again! Safe travels, and we look forward to hosting your group!

Been to Hotel de Point? Share your experiences!