“To Be Fair” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Flushing
Binghamton, New York
“To Be Fair”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel many, many times and this was the only time when I called to complain about a mild smoking odor present in my nonsmoking room. Staff came up to check and did not agree. My advice: go 100% smoke free. If you run into this same problem, complain and help this place go smoke free. Anyhow, it's my preferred place to stay if I really want to eat some Chinese food (authentic, of course). Actually, it is the reason I stay just one night this time, was to get some ethnic food (yes, it is that important).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Butler, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We were told on check in that the queen room was the only one avaliable and my company had booked it. The whole hotel smelled of grease and fish. We checked in to find the hall ways about 90 degrees, I checked and the air completely off in room. We soon found out why when it was turned on all you could smell is mold and grease. The bathroom was dirty and the carpet was tatered and dirty. We called my company and they made other arrangements at another hotel. We did not even unpack and went down and told them we were leaving. They refused to give back our money for 1 night and offered us many different rooms that just appeared. The manager would not talk to us and stood in the side room relaying messages to the woman checking us out. I have already asked my company never to use this hotel again, the hotel staff was very rude. Other hotels in area much better at a decent price, my opinion pass it up.

• Stayed June 2014
Frank C, Manager at BEST WESTERN Queens Court Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Karen: You check into hotel almost for two hours did not complain about the room condition, then you came down to front desk to tell us the room is too small and you request for change to a king bed room on the previous day front desk clerk said did not have room available. you told our front desk that you had booked a room in Hampton Inn and you want to cancel our reservation. Since at that time we have large king bed room available which we offer you but you said to us you already booked the room in Hampton Inn. After you check out we inspect the room you stayed for two hours and you used the room of hotel facility which include , towel, coffee machine, trash in trash can and toilet. This is why we decide not to refund you one night charge. I feel your complain was more emotion due to we charge you one night. I feel sorry for our front desk clerk could not accommodate you a king bed room. Frank C.
BROCKTON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

My friends and I could walk to shops, restaurants, You could take the number 7 train to the city and it takes only about half an hour. I stay at this Best Western very time when I want to relax and have fun in the New York City!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Hamilton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We would not recommend this hotel to non-Chinese travelers because the counter staff often seemed to not understand English. The service we received more like the service we would expect in a lower class hotel. We sometimes felt unwelcome, and wonder if Chinese clients would get better service. Watch out for the parking lot attendant who made us pay for an extra night of parking than we had initially agreed upon.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

new york, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Great hotel. great staff , economic pricing. kitchen smell under the lobby is stinky. hotel staff very supportive. they helped us to nearest subway and also guided us how to reach manhattan. overall satisfaction is 10/10

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 7 years for two weeks each year. Now stay at the new Red Roof Inn.

The hotel was comfortable and clean but serious problems with internet access. Repeatedly reported internet problem via the Best Western Web survey. Hotel management acknowledged problem but little done to fix problem. Woke up early for better internet access, not something you want to do on vacation.

Interior dated with the old tube TV and poor quality cable. Don't watch TV much so not a big issue. Very comfortable beds with modern, clean bedding.

Bad experience last time I stayed at hotel. Booked online and could only find a price $50 per night higher than normal. Decided to book and sort out price at hotel. On arrival front desk refused to adjust price, claiming high demand for room. Checked website, plenty of rooms available. Told them I would no longer book at their hotel. Did not seem to care. Haven't been back since.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the Queen Bed rooms, very tiny room. Book a two double beds room or King Bed room...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

My actual ratings for cleanliness and service are low. Front desk? Didn't have my reservation. The room? I was only relieved that there were no visible hairs.

But the overall rating is high because the price is exactly what I needed. If you get comfortable with the 7 train, Manhattan is only a ride away. I did not mind the commute to see museums, bars, restaurants - and it was a relief to get away to Queens after a long day. During my stay, I also visited a nearby bathhouse called Spa Castle (which I highly recommend because it is one of two large Korean bathhouses in the States). The location of the hotel is lively, interactive, stimulating. It's not a far walk from the station, and in my opinion, the room was half the price with double the space of some of the hotels in Manhattan.

This hotel is not for you if you are looking for luxury, quiet, romance. If you're on a mission to get to know the city, and if you're on a budget, then this hotel is perfect for you. Know what you're going to get before you book it, and get ready to try some chicken feet.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Queens Court Hotel? Share your experiences!