“not a fun place to stay” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Flushing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I recently stayed at the Best Western Plus Queens Court Hotel because the room rates right in Midtown Manhattan are outrageous. My check-In was taken care of promptly. I had a clean room with a queen size bed. In the lobby breakfast was offered from 7AM to 10AM with cereal, eggs and waffles. There is a computer in the lobby that offers internet access which was nice to have if you want to check email or print boarding passes. Hotel checkout was easy and bag storage was available. I would stay here again when visiting the Big Apple.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Frank C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Queens Court Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time write the survey. We are doing renovation from last winter. I hope to see you while you visit New York. Thanks again.
Frank Chen
Piastow, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Location not far away from last metro station in Chinatown, room was ok with basic amenities, good for 1-2 nights. Hotel full of mostly Chinese guests. Breakfast very poor. Relative good value for money for New York. Beautiful view of low-passing planes landing on La Guardia

Room Tip: go to breakfast very early to have something
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Frank C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Queens Court Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you very much for your survey. Your comments is very valuable to us. Seeing you in the near future. Frank Chen
La Mirada, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I missed my flight and had to spend an improtu night in NYC. I checked in to the hotel late at night and was greeted by the Owners (an older Asian Couple) and their son (or perhaps Grandson). The check in took a bit of time as they had some trouble processing my reservation.

I was put in their Handicap Person Room. I did not make a big deal about the room since I had made a last minute reservation and this was the only Best Western in NYC that I was able to find an open room for the night. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The TV was average (it was not a flat screen) but was serviceable. I asked for a wakeup call and everything worked out fine. The shower was made for a Handicapped person, but was clean and worked out fine for me.

The service was reasonable and the breakfast was comparable to other Best Western breakfasts that I have had in other states such as Michigan and California.

The hotel is located in a heavily Asian part of Flushing. There were plenty of restaurants nearby and they stayed open until the wee hours of the morning. There are plenty of ATM's nearby.

Since I checked in late at night, I went out to eat at a restaurant around the corner. Great Chinesse Food. Also there were plenty of people out of the street. The place was very safe. However most of the people on the streets were Asian so if you are not Asian you kind of stick out. Nevertheless everyone was very friendly and courteous.

Check out was fairly simple. I was met by the manager. He was not much of a talker (probably because of the language barrier) but nevertheless he was courteous and friendly.

There is a subway nearby that gets you into Times Square in 40 minutes. The subway ride goes through a few rough patches of NYC but as long you stay in the train it should be fine.

I had also stayed in the Best Western Presidential Hotel in Times Square. If I was to choose between the hotels I would chose this hotel over the Presidential Times Square. While the latter has a great location, the price you pay is not worth what you get (other than location) at the Presidential Hotel. If you don't have a problem hanging around a heavily Asian location you would do much better at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Frank C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Queens Court Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you very much for your valuable comments. We are here to serve you need. Wish you happy and health. Frank C.
Oakland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The hotel was located in Flushing Chinatown and only 2 -3 blocks to the subway and the Long Island Railroad and close to LaGuardia airport. Good food in Flushing chinatown and also safe to walk around even late at night. Room was clean but there was a lot of noise in the mornings from the construction across the street. Also, the TV was old and the reception was bad. The heater in the room was not adjustable -either it was on and the room became very hot or we had to turn it off and the room got cold. What was really strange was that when it came time to check out, we were told we had to leave with all our luggage or we could not check out and we would be charge extra money after noon. As my brother had one of the rooms and was staying an extra night, we had planned to check out, leave our luggage in his room and get lunch around the corner and come back to take our luggage to the car after lunch. They did not offer to keep our luggage for us when I explained the situation so we decided to check out with all our bags, put them in the car and then go to lunch. I have never heard of this rule in any other hotel. Will probably still go back just because of the location and the price was reasonable and hopefully, the construction will be done next time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Frank C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Queens Court Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for your valuable comments. We do offer storage luggage after you check out for the same day pick up. Air condition do have a control dial to control the temperature. Next time if you have problem let us know ,so the problem can be take care of it. Thank you.
Peterborough, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

bed bug , dirty rest room . horrible service exspecially hanah and the lady owner . this is united state not taiwan !!! u never scold a customer !i do have a pic on my phone and i do post couple pic already . no parking space , and the restaurant in the hotel was bad , no fresh . my advice is dont ever try . the money u pay is not gonna worth everything ,

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review. The comments you stated is not what we operate here in our hotel, if took you two hours to check in is not acceptable to anybody, but except for who did not have sufficient record of reservation it is truly not our false. We have three size of rooms, one queen bed room is the smaller room that you stay. then the other two large size of rooms is two full bed room and one king bed. We inspect room of cleanness before guest check in.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

I had to wait over 2 hours to finally get my room, they couldn't find my reservation and the manager refused to come speak to me. They obviously prioritized service to Chinese customers over anyone else. The rooms and the beds were small, barely clean. It seemed like one of those flushing hotels you'd rent for an hour or two for coitus.

• Stayed November 2012
Frank C, Manager at BEST WESTERN Queens Court Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear Sir: It appear to me your name did not show up on our reservation systems due to the hurricane damaged communication systems. It never took 2 hours to check in a person unless there are a problem with your reservation. We are in great New York city service to all nations from the world and not limited to Asians. Thanks for your comments. Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN Queens Court Hotel? Share your experiences!