“Bed Bugs” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Flushing
Flushing, NY
“Bed Bugs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I just came from the hospital in Queens and had wanted to check in to a room here as a means of resting. I stayed in room 802 and had a horrible experience with bed bugs. The towels were all used and underneathe the bed there were dead bugs every where. The shower curtains were broken. Originally I was promised a refund for my horrible experience, but towards the end I was denied the refund. The owners of this hotel is a couple by the name of Frank Chen and Lisa Chen. They were the worst.They had a horrible attitude about everything and made their staffs deny me my refund.

Do not stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Frank C, Manager at BEST WESTERN Queens Court Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
I received a phone call from guest that he mentioned he had a bed bugs bit. I asked him why he did not told our desk clerk when he check out. I told him that I will investigate the room and refund him money, but I did not see any trace of bed bugs. Anyway I will keep my promise to refund him. I need the credit card information and the amount of charge. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We had a very bad experience at this hotel for three days. When we check in, the staff by the name Merlin Zheng was very UNFRIENDLY and had a very BAD attitude when ask her a question. She has no customer services training and acted as she was mad at us for being there. Also, she will not give out her manager's name. The room were small, the mattress, carpet, sheets and towels were worn,the room was not clean. The location was good for all the Asian shops and food. I obsolutely do not recommend the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Frank C, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Queens Court Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear Sir: I apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Our front desk clerk was trained to service all guests, I can not imaging why would our front desk clerk not to answer the question you ask for unless she does not know how to answer it. She should give out the manager name "Frank Chen". We are not only accommodate Asian people, we service people all over the world.
Frank Chen, General Manager.
Clifton Park, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

If you like mold, you’ll like this hotel. I booked 3 rooms to attend a weekend wedding. The shower curtains have mold at the bottom, so are the bathroom ceilings. The bath tub has black hair on the side. I guess the cleaning lady forgot to throw them in the trash. The wallpapers are peeling, and the bed sheet is thinner than a tissue. I was so embarrassed to have booked for my relatives from overseas for the wedding.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sir: I apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I had check the room you mentioned has mods due to the upper room toilet leaking to down floor ceiling. After we found out the problem the room has mods has been removed and cleaned. Our maintenance man has improved his routing work. There are no more mods problem. Frank Chen, General Manager.
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

If you have a business or are attending a wedding banquet in Flushing this is a decent place to stay in a convenient location. You can walk to all the major Chinese restaurants and markets in the area. The rooms are fine in terms of comfort and size, though the showers are terrible (basically a faucet pouring water on your head). The continental breakfast is basis but it does include make-your-own belgian waffles and the coffee was surprisingly decent.

Room Tip: Decent view on the side facing 39th ave. I suspect the other side offers a more restricted view.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your comments. We are consistently doing to improve our service. Hope to see you in the near future. Frank Chen, General Manager
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

I stayed in the hotel for two days including New Years Eve. The room was decent and housekeeping was very professional. Nothing spectacular about the room except it was clean. The mattress was kinda of worn but carpet and linen was of good quality.

The front desk was much better at check out than check in, especially after they forced us to add money for additional person for us to get our "guaranteed" double bed room. They were going to move us to a King bed even though it was my brother and myself staying. Oh well, just be careful of markup. Also, ice machine/vending was not conveniently located as we expected.

Lastly, we very much enjoyed the area and its convenient access to the #7 train. Being in the Chinese section of Flushings, we sincerely enjoyed the best Chinese food we ever had!!! We wish we were closer to Manhattan but its only about 35 minutes out via train.

We will stay again due to price and convenience of the train but will explore other options if its cheaper/closer.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011 via mobile

Safe, Chinese dominated area with range of OK oriental dominated restaurants. Close to good subway link into Manhattan, and La Guardia Airport.

• Stayed October 2011
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Not much you can't say about the hotel as it's a Best Western and you really couldn't expect too much from them. The hotel is only a few blocks from train station so it's very convenient getting around town.

The room is not big and renovation is needed as it's pretty old. The bed were comfortable and it's not the cleanest hotel I had been to but the price is very reasonable for a short trip to New York.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to BEST WESTERN Queens Court Hotel? Share your experiences!