“Odd place, not a great vibe” 2 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Flushing
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   36-31 Prince Street, Flushing, NY 11354   |
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Flushing
Guelph
“Odd place, not a great vibe”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed her in a bind when our flight from LGA was delayed until the next day and needed a last minute room.
After calling 6+ places, this was the only hotel with rooms and we paid $225 for a "suite". First impression was not good when we pulled up in the taxi in a neighbourhood I wouldn't typically think of staying in. Check-In took longer than I would have liked with my identification and VISA info, but the colleague was friendly enough and seemed to be just following a very manual process.
The hotel itself seemed a bit rough, small, not a lot of rooms, and definitely not something we were thrilled about for over $200 for 6 hours. We definitely felt taken advantage of considering we checked-in at 11pm and were gone by 5am, so this room was clearly not going to be rented out for that night yet we were charged what seemed like ALOT. The room was a suite I suppose with 2 beds and a kitchenette, perhaps worth the full rate if someone had a family of 4 and was spending the full time in the room. Bed was comfy enough, and we got a decent 4.5 hour sleep for what it's worth, but at almost $50 an hour.
Anyway, I see other reviews with opposing opinions, so maybe I just feel slighted due to our circumstances and the ridiculous rate we were charged. I have had generally positive experiences in other Red Roof Inn locations in the past.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
rriflushing, Manager at Red Roof Inn Flushing, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Alex,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for our hotel. We are sorry that you feel as if you didn't receive the fullest bang for your buck. At Red Roof Inn, we strive to ensure that our guests feel as if they are receiving the fullest value for their dollar; unfortunately, we don't have hourly rate,even you stay only 5 hours that still count full day . Thank you again for staying with us and we will give you 20%off for the next time you are in New York that we can find you a more accommodating room.

Yours Truly,
Lily Yuan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel twice. its location is good, but don't expect too much in terms of service etc. Room was a decent size, bed was okay (apart from the second time i stayed i managed to get bitten by bed bugs!!!!).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

This is my favorite Queens, NY hotel. The King Suite rooms are spacious in a city where hotel rooms are tiny. Pleasant front desk staff. About a two block walk to subway station on #7 line. Close to hundreds of fantastic Chinese/Korean/etc/etc restaurants. Good shopping, even big box stores on College Point - Target, BJ. 25 or 30 minutes to Time Square on #7 subway.

Room Tip: Upper floor facing east towards Manhattan. Spectacular night view. Almost endless selection of excel...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hudson, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

After reading other reviews I was expecting the worst. but I was greeted by a congenial receptionist who was very helpful with providing information about the area and where to find things I needed. The room was basic but not bad. I got a good nite's sleep, was comfortable, and it met my needs 100%. I would come back here if I ever needed to spend the nite in the city.

Room Tip: the rooms are a little cramped but normal for NYC
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Killingworth, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I've been staying at this hotel for the last few years every year to see the US Open (tennis), also whenever I need to eat great chinese food . For the tennis, the location is superb, one can walk to the Tennis Center (10-15 min), or take the subway which is +/- 3 blocks from the hotel . You get off the train on the 1ststop! For everything else chinese you are basically in a little piece of China right here in the states, from foot massage to bakeries ( the ones that you can sit enjoy coffee or tea and a variety of baked goods!), great restaurants, street food, food courts, etc ! if you are a student of the chinese language there are plenty of opportunities to practice .

Room Tip: I stayed a few times there , I enjoyed most the rooms facing the street .
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Terrible hotel, came across this hotel last min online and wanted to stay outside Manhattan to avoid traffic and parkings since I drove.
Was fooled by the rating on here as well as the pictures presented.
The hotel is very tiny, barely a lobby, more like a clinic waiting room. Elevator is small and drity, hallways are dark and smells, rooms are tiny, filthy, ver bad sound isolations, walls have marks all over, ceiling is molded.
The hotel looked like a hostel or a place where people come for a quick sex.

Whats worst though, is that we found a female underwear ( looks like used ) still hanging in the closet. Immediately wanted to leave the hotel and not even stay over night upon this filthy unhygened behavior, immediately asked if we can cancel reservation for the night. They were unable send in cleaners to remove the underwear because "they wont be in until tomorrow", I asked if I could talk to their manager and was told they can not locate the manager nor the back up person in charge because they "did not pick up their phones". How unprofessional is that? you dont have a cleaner nor a person in charge in the hotel when there are important matters to be discussed?

Was unable to get a refund or talk to the manager and forced to stay the night at this gruesome hotel. Price charged was not worth the stay AT ALL. Please do check hotels nearby such as the Sheraton, pay a little bit more and do yourself a favor to not gross yourself out for the entire night of your stay.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
rriflushing, Manager at Red Roof Inn Flushing, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

I apologize you had a less than pleasant experience with our hotel. We are conveniently located in the Flushing, NY area. We have a very unique location as our hotel is located inside a condo building. Our lobby footprint is small but has been generally effective to serve the 33 hotel rooms in the building. Regarding your refund – I recall your check in and wish to cancel your reservation when you arrived at our hotel. Unfortunately the cancellation was past our cancellation policy. We had saved a room at our location for your arrival and turned away other customers wishing to stay with us. We feel confident we tried to help satisfy your needs but unfortunately was not successful.

I am disappointed to hear that you feel our hotel has a reputation for a place for less than desirable activities. Our hotel serves international, business, and leisure travelers. The reputation of the hotel is very important to us as well as the for the local community. Our maintenance and housekeeping team takes great pride in keeping the rooms and common areas to high standards. I will review the areas of concerns you noted and review them with my staff.

Lily Yuan, GM
Fluminimaggiore, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

My husband and I decided to spend our anniversary at Spa Castle in College Point, NY. To make a long story short I type in hotels near spa castle & Red Roof Inn was one of the hotels that showed up. I booked a room for the next day. Upon arriving I was in total SHOCK it looked like no hotel instead a run down hut, smokey in elevator, nasty all the way around. I asked the receptionist to CANCEL my reservation after viewing the Red Roof Inn... I wrote this Review because, I want no one with great hopes thinking your getting what the picture shows. Its not what the picture showed, VERY Dissapointing to view a Picture & think thats what your getting. It's a HELL HOLE.....

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn Flushing? Share your experiences!