“Beef Short Ribs Cooked at your table!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #98 of 588 Restaurants in Flushing
Cuisines: Korean, Seafood
New York City
“Beef Short Ribs Cooked at your table!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

My husband, his brother, mother and nephew took me here for my birthday. He's been raving about Korean barbecue for a long time now so I finally got to try it. It was so much better than I had anticipated. First, the tables are made of wood with a burner in the middle where they light it up and cook your food at your table. They start you off with a couple of fried eggs and some cucumber and carrot slices with this spicy dip (so good). We decided to get two others of the beef short ribs, marinated pork belly, and two soups: the soft tofu soup and the pork and kimchi soup. The beef short ribs had this wonderful light sweet sauce to them but not drenched in it. The beef was tender it was like butter. The pork belly was cooked perfectly and not dry. I love soups but I have never had soup like this, the flavors were bold but worked so well together. We are coming back here with the rest of the family and getting the seafood hotpot. This was featured on Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9CY0liS_4o&feature=player_embedded. This is worth watching just for a crash course in Korean food. I am pretty sure everybody in there was Korean except for my husband's family who are from Hong Kong and I was the only white person; that's how authentic this place is. We got the watermelon soju for cocktail; so refreshing and not too heavy on the soju. I could have drank a bucket of this stuff it was so good.

The atmosphere is pretty fitting/cool there is Korean memorabilia all around. It really felt like I had stepped out of New York City and stepped into a normal restaurant somewhere in Korea. The waitstaff was great! They are so well timed and balanced I was really impressed. I would suggest getting reservations because since this place has been featured on Bourdain, if you get there past seven you are waiting at least a half hour. Oh and there is no bar to hang out, just FYI.

• Visited April 2012