“Not bad, not great, bad towels......” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 11 hotels in Fishkill
Plano, Texas
“Not bad, not great, bad towels......”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I usually don't complain about things like towels, but I have stayed at many Courtyards in the past and the towels are always nice and fluffy. At this location? nope. Maybe it was just my specific room. Don't know, but the towels were very thin. Functional, but a little rough.

I think the room may have been vacant for a while as well as the tub had a rusty water stain and the first water out of the tub/shower tap was rusty as well. It cleared up almost immediately, but the shower head needed a good cleaning/descaling as well as it sprayed everywhere.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CourtyardGMFishkill, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fishkill, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Geeper:

Thank you for your recent posting regarding your stay at the Fishkill Courtyard. We truly appreciate your feedback. I'm also happy to say we have since upgraded not only our towels but our linen as well. I've also addressed your other comments with our housekeeping and maintenance teams. We hope to see you again in the future and thank you again for your feedback. Feedback such as yours is very valuable information for us to learn, grow and improve, Thank you. Hope to see you soon.

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Media, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This hotel will satisfy. Clean, comfortable room. Good location for Fishkill visitors. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel lacks a true bar/restaurant. A chain joint is a short walk away to cover that base, however. My biggest complaint would be about the TV in the room. Poor-to-mediocre picture quality in standard def and a personal bugaboo--no way to access menu functions to change aspect ratio settings. As is the case in many hotels with 16:9 flat screens, the default setting is to fill the frame regardless of the program's format. If you aren't a big drinker and don't care much about TV, you could be very happy here. Other reviewers have gripes about highway noise. In my courtyard-facing room traffic sound wasn't a big deal. Those with sleep disorders/auditory issues might differ.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Keymcgrip:

Thank you for your recent posting regarding your stay at the Fishkill Courtyard. I was very happy to read your comments. It's always great to read how you found our staff to be very friendly and helpful and our rooms to be clean and comfortable. We take a lot of pride in our hotel cleanliness and our staff service. I also want to thank you for your feedback regarding our TV picture quality. We are currently working with our cable provider to make improvements in this area. Once again Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised that the rooms were not only nicely decorated and clean but smelled wonderful (orange scent). The hotel is located near a number of restaurants and supermarkets. There is easy access to the highway and the bistro sell fairly reasonably priced food.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband has stayed at this hotel 3 days a week since August 2012. We have found the experience to be beyond our expectations. The lobby and rooms are well appointed and updated, the staff is efficient and pleasant, and the location is central but quiet. Several times we have had to make changes due to emergencies and/or hurricanes...these changes have been accomodated immediately and efficiently by the front desk staff. I must make special mention of Mr. Jose Javier IV, the manager...he was extremely instumental in making our weekly reservations. He handled our requests without hesitation, and provided the kind of service you always wish for, but seldom receive. THANK YOU JOSE! Needless to say, this is our "GO TO" hotel when staying in the FISHKILL/ POUGHKEEPSIE area. A nice plus is the numerous restaurants, shopping areas, and movie theaters that are directly adjacent to the hotel. When coming in late, after a long delayed flight, it is nice to be able to walk a few step to a nice eatery. Kudos to this hotel and thanks...the Kahanas

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Irvington, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is a great time to write this review on Thanksgiving weekend, because if it weren't for this Courtyard I wouldn't have such wonderful things to say. During hurricane Sandy I was able to get a room here. I live 55 miles away and this Courtyard said YES to a room. Now I've stayed at this hotel many many times and always had wonderful things to say but on this particular trip you have no idea how hard these people worked and went out of there way to make you feel at home. Management worked the dining room, front desk an anywhere they were needed. They were always around to help, give you a hand and make you feel at home. I will be back in the area for work in 2 weeks and it's my pleasure to be able to say with a hotel that has the MOSTEST! Huge applause for Adam, Diego and Merlene.

Room Tip: All rooms at this hotel are excellent. Not a bad room in the house.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Wausau, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here 1 night on a business trip. The lobby was very nice and very crowded upon check-in. The crowd seemed to have been due to people gathering in the bistro area. My room was clean and the bed was comfortable. However I was disappointed wifi was not available in the room, only a tethered Internet connection. The room temp at 72 was entirely too warm for my liking to sleep. I cranked the AC and it didn't really cool off until I opened the patio door to the balcony for a period of time very late at night.
Since there are many other hotels in this area, I will opt to try someplace else the next time. Very nice hotel, but the option of wifi only in common areas did not meet my needs.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed overnight again at the Courtyard Marriott in Fishkill, NY. Again, our stay was excellent. Jose, the manager upgraded us to a suite. He is really 'spoiling' us. The suite was clean and airy. The 'black-out' curtains when closed at night keep at all light which is great for us. Again, kudos to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Fishkill? Share your experiences!