“Thanks aren't enough” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Fishkill
Irvington, New York, United States
“Thanks aren't enough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is a great time to write this review on Thanksgiving weekend, because if it weren't for this Courtyard I wouldn't have such wonderful things to say. During hurricane Sandy I was able to get a room here. I live 55 miles away and this Courtyard said YES to a room. Now I've stayed at this hotel many many times and always had wonderful things to say but on this particular trip you have no idea how hard these people worked and went out of there way to make you feel at home. Management worked the dining room, front desk an anywhere they were needed. They were always around to help, give you a hand and make you feel at home. I will be back in the area for work in 2 weeks and it's my pleasure to be able to say with a hotel that has the MOSTEST! Huge applause for Adam, Diego and Merlene.

Room Tip: All rooms at this hotel are excellent. Not a bad room in the house.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Wausau, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here 1 night on a business trip. The lobby was very nice and very crowded upon check-in. The crowd seemed to have been due to people gathering in the bistro area. My room was clean and the bed was comfortable. However I was disappointed wifi was not available in the room, only a tethered Internet connection. The room temp at 72 was entirely too warm for my liking to sleep. I cranked the AC and it didn't really cool off until I opened the patio door to the balcony for a period of time very late at night.
Since there are many other hotels in this area, I will opt to try someplace else the next time. Very nice hotel, but the option of wifi only in common areas did not meet my needs.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed overnight again at the Courtyard Marriott in Fishkill, NY. Again, our stay was excellent. Jose, the manager upgraded us to a suite. He is really 'spoiling' us. The suite was clean and airy. The 'black-out' curtains when closed at night keep at all light which is great for us. Again, kudos to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

What I liked most about this hotel was actually the lobby and the courtyard. Very accommodating and modern.
The rooms are fine. Typical Marriott Courtyard. They had a modern touch with nice colors and comfortable bedding (Pillows a little lumpy). TV picture was pretty pathetic, Internet speed okay.
The Breakfast in the lobby area did not impress us very much. Slow service and tasteless food.
Next day we went to the Red Line Dinner on Route 9 almost across from Hotel and it was much better. Kind of a fun place. Modern funky Dinner. Good food and great service. Good for Breakfast.
If you tell them you are in one of the nearby hotels (and there are plenty) you get 10% of your meal.
While in the hotel I noticed that some rooms have a little balcony, next time I would request that.
We would go back, however, we would asked this time for balcony room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Very nice accommodations. Was there two nights for a wedding in the area. It was close to the Hy-way to get around easily. Diner across the street had good food, especially for breakfast. The hotel was clean, room was clean, and bed was comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Bolton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I have meet my girlfriends here quiet a few times. We have met at other places but this is by far the absolute best. This hotel has such a nice friendly staff ~ from the manager on down. We have been there often enough that we are greeted with smiles and hugs. We hang out in the lobby, sometimes in a meeting room or our guest rooms. It is all so comfortable, clean and welcoming. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Orange County, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The room was clean and comfortable, the staff friendly and the location convenient to shops and restaurants but avoid the rooms with connecting doors...Yikes!! You really don't want to hear your neighbor's conversation and noise, especially at 1am. There is literally no soundproofing with these doors so even normal levels of conversation can be heard as though the people were in your room.
Other than the noise factor, the beds are great so a good night's sleep should be possible if you get a room with no connecting door. Did I mention the connecting door issue?
The on-site breakfast bistro is limited and overpriced but there is a Cracker Barrel nearby, as well as great diners so don't bother with the hotel food.

Room Tip: stay away from the rooms with connecting doors...very noisy
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Fishkill? Share your experiences!