“What do they do when the power goes out?” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Fishkill

You added Hampton Inn Fishkill to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Fishkill
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   544 Route 9, 544 US 9 (for GPS users), Fishkill, NY 12524   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Ski & Stay Package
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Fishkill
Okemos, United States
“What do they do when the power goes out?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Shortly after coming back from dinner the power in all the rooms went out. We went out to do some shopping and when we got back the power had not yet been restored. A gentleman, who I guess was the manager was offering snacks and drinks to all who had gathered in the lobby. It turned into something of a community meeting as we got to chat with a couple from Cologne, Germany. The situation was handled very professionally. For the rest of our stay the room was clean and quiet. The buffet breakfast had several choices and was always kept re-stocked.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

EddieBello, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fishkill, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
George,
Thank you so much for sharing your unique experience at the Hampton Inn Fishkill! As they say, “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade” and we certainly did that! Along with free wine, beer, soda, coloring books for the kids, candy, and everything else we could find to make it a party! I do apologize for the inconvenience of our power outage and am happy to note that we have made the necessary repairs so this does not occur again. I appreciate your patience, along with the rest of the guests, which really turned an inopportune situation into a memorable experience. Aside from the power, I am delighted that you we able to sleep comfortably and recharge with our complimentary breakfast! I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future, and this time… we’ll keep the lights on for you!

Eddie Bello

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Tonawanda, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I was traveling across I-84 and it was getting late. I looked up the hotels in the area and I decided to stop at this Hampton Inn on Rte 9. It is located behind another property that looks older and run down. This hotel was very nice and updated. It was quiet, secluded and had plenty of parking. No outdoor electrical outlets so I couldn't plug in my EV. Besides that, I would stay here again.
Clean, friendly and quiet.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay with us in Fishkill! There are many options in the Fishkill area and we are certainly honored that you chose us! While we are hidden behind other hotels, we like to think that we are the hidden gem of the Hudson Valley! We are very happy to hear that you found us conveniently off I-84 and had an enjoyable stay with us! Again, I greatly appreciate your review, as it rewards our efforts to provide the highest quality service and value, and keeps us as Fishkill’s #1 Hotel! I hope we can welcome you back to the Hampton Inn Fishkill in the near future!
Naugatuck, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I picked this hotel because of the location to Poughkeepsie. I was headed to a concert with my son and didn't feel like driving home that night. The hotel was clean. Front desk staff was really nice. Everyone down to the breakfast girls made it a pleasant stay. The beds were comfy and I really had no issues with the room at all. The complementary breakfast was more than adequate for us. And the coffee was really good. That could make or break the start of the day sometimes. I really recommend the dark roast they had. We used the pool. Was really warm ! My only wish is they had a changing area in there. Other than that, my son asked when we are going out that way again. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
EddieBello, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fishkill, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review regarding your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Fishkill! I am pleased to hear that you found our location convenient being located south of Poughkeepsie just off I-84 and Route 9. You mentioned our complimentary breakfast a lot and we take a great deal of pride making sure our guests have the perfect start to the day! Arielle and Sona are wonderful warm personalities and I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed their service! We hope we can serve you and your family again in the very near future!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

The staff here is excellent. They are friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a great location right next to I-80 and is convenient to everything in the central Hudson Valley on the east side of the river.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review of your stay at the Hampton Inn Fishkill! I am pleased to hear that you found our team here very friendly and helpful. As General Manager, I have truly been fortunate to work alongside with such wonderful people who are genuine and care about each guest that we host. Our convenient location of I-84 does make access to many locations and attractions in the Hudson Valley very accessible. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future!
Warmenhuizen, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Loved this hotel.We stayed here for 8 nights. It is clean, comfy beds, and very friendly people. Allso a good breakfast, lots of choice. Bread, cakes (make your own waffles), porridge, cereal and fruityoghurts. Near to nice places. You can take the train from Beacon to go to NYC. It is only a 1:15 hour ride. And a beautiful ride passing the Hudson river. Near to Sleepy Hollow, and the Hudson Walkway. When i come back to Fishkill, i will definitly come back to this hotel!! With special thanks to Amanda, who gave me her natural yoghurt (because they did not have this at breakfast.) I bought it the next day, and kept it in the fridge in the hotelroom. Allso thanks to Katia, the lady who cleaned our room, and allways so friendly with a smile on her face. GREAT HOTEL!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review of your visit to the Hampton Inn Fishkill! I am so pleased that you found such great activities to do while you visited the Hudson Valley! It is such a beautiful area with so many activities to engage in such as The Walkway over the Hudson or touring many of the historic areas and mansions. As you experienced, our location is very convenient to be able to take the train directly into New York City. I also want to thank you for recognizing our housekeeper, Katia. It is very gratifying to know that you found team, especially Katia, so friendly and pleasant during your stay. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again during your next visit to the Hudson Valley!
Cadiz, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Hampton Inn Fishkill as part of a house-hunting trip for an upcoming move to USMA and found that this hotel aligned well with our budget and proximity to USMA. We could have stayed closer, but we prefer the Hampton Inn brand. The Hotel itself is easily accessible from the interstate and is tucked behind a Ramada Inn and next to a Residence Inn. The exterior was well taken care of and there was ample parking for all of the guests.

Check in was smooth and the front desk attendant (DJ) was very polite and welcoming. Later in the stay, he provided a great recommendation for dinner. We were given a second floor room; which we were nervous about as it was located immediately next to the elevator and our "Hilton profile" asks for rooms away from the elevator. Nevertheless, we didn't experience any issues related to hallway noise throughout our stay. The room was well kept and the housekeeping staff did a very good job cleaning our room each day. The bathroom had a shower/tub setup and the towels were all clean and fresh daily.

Breakfast was your typical Hampton Inn fare which offered a rotational hot meal of eggs and breakfast meat. They also offered the standard waffles, oatmeal, pastries, bagels, fresh fruit, cereal, juices, and hot coffee. I like that the breakfast hours are now 600am-1000am each day because we did "sleep in" one morning. In the area, there is a variety of places to choose form and the front desk has some restaurant menus. We tried the Red Line diner one evening and were very impressed. There was also a Mexican restaurant called Cafe Maya that was totally worth the trip.

Overall, we were very pleased with our stay. The rate was on par with the area, which is definitely a New York rate (we paid around $160/night plus taxes). The hotel was safe and we were pleased with the stay. It is located a bit of a drive from USMA (around 40 minutes) so we probably wouldn't stay here again and don't find it practical for people visiting the academy unless everything else closer is booked and you're Hampton Inn snobs like us. If you're in the area or just passing through on the interstate, then it's a great choice.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
RyanSaunders, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Fishkill, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear goldarch:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Hampton Inn Fishkill! Our whole team is proud to deliver the finest hotel experience in the Hudson Valley. I am very proud that DJ's contributions stood out and he will receive special recognition for the role he played in your family's hotel stay. Our Housekeeping and Maintenance teams take great care to ensure that Hampton Inn Fishkill is in beautiful condition both inside and out and they are gratified to have their efforts recognized. I am certain that you will enjoy living in the Hudson Valley. We are honored to host travelers to West Point and we thank you for being our guests.
Rutland, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for four nights at the end of April 2014. From the very beginning the staff was very, very friendly and accommodating. We got to know the staff really well and they treated all of us so kindly. The room was very clean, they made sure that we had plenty of necessities (towels, toiletries, etc..), and the bed was super comfortable. The pool area was a hit with our daughter. It was kept clean, the towels were always stocked, and the temperature of the water was perfect. Lastly, the complimentary breakfast was a perfect start to each day. There were lots of options to choose from and the food was always fresh, hot and delicious. I am looking forward to booking another stay there soon and I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Travis H:

Thank you for your review of Hampton Inn Fishkill! We are all so proud to have made your family stay's memorable. Our Guest Services, Housekeeping and Maintenance teams all work hard to make sure your experience is comfortable, clean and friendly. The next time you're visiting the Hudson Valley, come be our guest again!

Been to Hampton Inn Fishkill? Share your experiences!