I stayed here over the Christmas Holiday, shortly after Christmas and before New Year, as a gift to my wife (took the kids and left her free for a couple of days). The place is located very conveniently near several kid friendly attractions, such as movie theaters and fast food restaurants. We checked in and were offered cookies at the front desk upon arrival. The room was quite well equipped with 2 double beds and the cleanup services provided extra items such as towels and shampoos after asking, since we wanted to use the indoor pool. Though the pool was not in service on the first night, it was up and running by the second afternoon. Suffice to say, the kids loved taking a swim in the latter part of December. We ordered from a Dominoes (which was probably the only low point (will review them later) of the visit), as it took a very long time to bring the order. Fortunately, we were prepared with vacation snacks.
The room had a fridge and microwave if needed, which is great for a traveler on a budget, as there is a Walmart pretty much across the street from the hotel with an entire grocery/frozen foods section. The staff was very receptive and friendly and took the time to make sure that they knew our names. The breakfast buffet was also adequate, with wafflemaker, sausages/eggs, oatmeal, juices, and of course 24/7 coffee. The young lady in charge of the breakfast was very attentive and made sure to ask us frequently if we needed anything.
Of course, the free wifi meant that my kids were able to go online on their "nooks" and it also permitted me to use my tablet for a netflix subscription. Situated in Fishkill, this hotel was about 10 miles away from Poughkeepsie, which offered even more stores and shopping opportunities. Though Pay per View was available, we didn't use it. HBO comes with the room.
I would reccomend this hotel to anyone who just wanted a break or wished to treat their spouse to some solitude. You won't go wrong here.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Fishkill Hotel
- Hampton Inn Fishkill Hotel Fishkill
- Fishkill Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hampton Inn Fishkill located in the scenic Hudson Valley is a beautiful 99 room hotel that was most recently renovated in 2008 in guest rooms. Our new Perfect Mix Lobby saw a renovation in mid 2012. New pictures on the way! Our beautiful guest rooms include microwave, refrigerator and 32" flat-screen TVs. Wireless internet access is available at no charge in all guest rooms and public spaces. Breakfast and parking are also complimentary. We offer an indoor swimming pool and free passes to a local health club. We are conveniently located on US Route 9 at I-84 between Newburgh, NY, Poughkeepsie, NY and Danbury, CT. History buffs will enjoy visiting the FDR and Vanderbilt Mansions and gourmands will love a visit to the Culinary Institute. For our business travelers we offer three convenient routes to the just-next-door IBM facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Agoda, Venere, EasyToBook, Priceline, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Hampton Inn Fishkill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.