“DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL - You will be making a big mistake” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Fishkill/Poughkeepsie Area

You added Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Fishkill/Poughkeepsie Area to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Fishkill/Poughkeepsie Area
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14 Schuyler Blvd, Fishkill, NY 12524 (Formerly Residence Inn Fishkill )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Fishkill
Tampa, FL
“DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL - You will be making a big mistake”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

I will try and make this short since most people who are looking for a review need only two things, Price and Cleanliness.

Traveled from Florida to visit West Point. Looked on line for a "Marriott" property since they are usually a good value. I looked at trip advisor for this property and noticed the last review was 2009. So I used google and hotels.com to get a more recent review. Nothing stood out so we made the reservation.

Arrived at 8 pm and had a reservation to hold the room. Called in advance to make sure they had me on file, which they did. When I pulled into the parking lot I was surprised that the hotel actually looked like a small apartment complex. This was great because traveling with kids you need as much room as possible.

As I parked and exited the car I got a good look at the property. I started to get that feeling......this wasn't going to be good. I went to the lobby and met with the front desk. She was eating her dinner as she checked me in. Everyone's gotta eat but at the front desk?? Come on! She presented me with a list of rules which stated No Smoking, No Pets, etc...

I signed with pleasure since that is exactly what I was looking for in a hotel. We got the room key and drove to the other side of the parking lot. As I walked up to the building I started getting that feeling again. The side walks were all broken and cracked, the shrubs were over grown and all the wood chip was missing from the flower beds.

The outside of the building was disgusting. It hadn't been painted in years. I got to the ground floor room which was right next to the pool. There were several men dressed in what appeared to be gang colors hanging around the pool and they were all smoking.

I entered the room and it looked like it was 1970 all over again. The room was partly redone but it still had old carpet and old appliances. The bedding was fresh and the counters were new. That's about it! Then the smell hit me.....MOLD! Need I say more?

I went back to the front desk and asked to be moved to another room. By this time she was finished with her meal and was happy to help. I went to the second room and found more of the same. This time I got slammed with the odor of cigarette smoke that was lingering in the room.

At this point I was done with the place. I went to the front desk and checked out! Hampton Inn next door is much better.

Good luck, pass up this property as fast as you can!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

Easy Access, Nice Staff, Pet Deposit is a little stiff, overall would stay here again

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Nyc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

We arrived Friday night after taking Metro North up from NYC, rented a car through Enterprise they picked us up and we dropped the car off Sunday afternoon, at the key drop, Beacon Station.... Hotel very nice, got a ground floor room, can be a bit noisey from upstairs neighbors, but not a big deal. Room very nice, we did use the fireplace many times over the weekend, can buy the logs at the front desk for 5 bucks or buy them at the Supercenter Walmart across the street. It had everything we wanted, breakfast very nice, free computer in lobby...no complaints, if we return to the area, would stay at the same location. Nightclub next door at Holiday Inn, we walked over Sat. night. Lots of hotels/motels in the area, and places to eat. Cafe Maya, Mexican! up the road was Super. Enjoy your visit!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Florida Panhandle, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2009

I have stayed at a number of Marriott hotels and generally like them very much. A Residence Inn is usually very good, spacious, and makes sense for eating in my room instead of going out when convenient.

This particular Residence Inn is outdated. There were spots on the chairs that had not been cleaned; the dishwasher looked like it belonged in an old apartment; and there were numerous signs on the property warning guests about security issues.

The room was spacious; the desk for a computer is convenient but there are better deals in this area than this hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Albany, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2009

We used this hotel as a meeting ground for our circle of friends who were coming to this area for dining and 'mansion exploring' and we enjoyed this hotel - we were four couples so we took 2 of their loft units and split the cost - what a savings! And, we all got private bedrooms/bathrooms and a fire place - how can you beat that? And, there is so much to do in the area - we checked out Vanderbilt Mansion, FDR's Springwood and Mills Mansion. The breakfast at the hotel was plentiful and they even have a separate room for large parties which was wonderful for all of us. All in all, this hotel gets an A rating from us - and, try to Bonefish Grill in Poughkeepsie for an absolutely wonderful seafood meal.

• Liked — spaciousness of unit
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2008

This was my first time staying in a 'Residence Inn' property and I enjoyed the layout of the room, the kitchenette, and the curtains that really covered the windows. I loved being able to warm up a midnight snack in my room. The hotel was clean and new - and I really enjoyed the savings I kept in my wallet and took my wife out to dinner with it.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2008

Stayed there for the 4th of July weekend, loved this hotel very, very clean we booked a penthouse suite what a fabulouse room it had two levels the top level (loft) had a a king size bed with a seperate full bathroom, the bottomm level had another private king sized bed with its own bathroom it was seperated from the living room which had a sofa bed and fireplace and a full kitchen, the breafast was very good with make your own waffles, cereal. eggs, sausage, buiscuits etc nice size pool and sauna. they also have two gas grills in the garden area for the guest, overall it was a WONDERFUL stay will stay there again.

• Liked — the setup of the room
  • Disliked — all was great.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Fishkill/Poughkeepsie Area? Share your experiences!