“Friendly but unkept” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Conference Center fishkill, NY

Save Saved
You added Ramada Conference Center fishkill, NY to your Saves list
Ramada Conference Center fishkill, NY
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   542 Route 9, Exit 13 off I-84, Fishkill, NY 12524 (Formerly Holiday Inn Fishkill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Fishkill
Brunswick, Maine
“Friendly but unkept”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here after being so fatigued from a road trip. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and they take pets which is a plus,pet fee was $25 which I thought extreme for the area. After 8pm food was available only from the bar.
The sheets were clean and crisp but I must say the place has seen better days. Carpets should be cleaned,curtains over windows were sheer and anyone on the same level could see in. I think if it was better maintained I would return

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
abchew, General Manager at Ramada Conference Center fishkill, NY, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Friendly But unkept:

We are working on the unkept. Please return we will still be friendly and less unkept. Thanks

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We had an issue with previous reservation (not the fault of the hotel) and I dealt with two extremely friendly and helpful staff members at the hotel. Kim and Nola were very understanding and did what they could within their policies to resolve the issue. I can only say they went above and beyond to resolve this issue and I am very pleased with the results. We had a nice time when we stayed for a conference last year and we'll be back again this year.
J. Hamilton

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Five Stars for a helpful Staff;

Thank you for your kind comments. Should travel bring you our way again please stay with us.

Adair Chew
Hilton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We were recently there for a business conference for a couple days. We got in late and had no trouble checking in. We had called ahead for a refrigerator (for medication) and it was not in the room. When we asked for one though, it was delivered quickly. The staff was friendly. The furniture had been pulled away from the wall but not vacuumed behind it. There were beer caps and tissue on the floor.
After 2 days, we had to ask for the room to get cleaned and wanted fresh towels. We made our own beds but the baskets were full and we were out of t-paper and kleenex as well as coffee for the machine. I stopped at the front desk to ask for the room to get cleaned up and re-stocked. When we got back, the baskets were emptied but only 2 bath towels were left in the room. (there was 4 of us). I called down to the desk and when we got back that evening they had delivered only 2 washclothes and 2 hand towels.
The hotel has the overall appearance of being old and worn. The smell is terrible. It smells like smoke and mold; especially in the far hallway where the elevator is.
There is only one elevator in the hotel!
I would think that putting some moneu in to giving it a nicer appearance would be well worth it. The staff was friendly and the conference rooms big. I heard several people say they liked having business meetings there but stayed in another hotel at night. I think it would be good for business to spruce the place up!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Dear Not so Great;

We were pleased with your positive comments and have corrected the constructive comments. Please return when your visits bring you this way. Thank you.

GM
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with the upkeep of the property and the condition of the room upon my arrival on a Saturday night. The public areas were clean, and the room was nicely furnished and in working order. The facility, however, is reminiscent of 1994 and lacks the modernity of most newer properties. Nevertheless, the stay itself was adequate.

Unfortunately, the comportment of the front desk and housekeeping staffs on Sunday morning left something to be desired. Desiring a later checkout of an hour's time, I was brusquely informed that such a request was impossible. The best the disinterested desk clerk, who looked at me askance that I would even presume to ask such a question, was to offer an 11:30 departure time, which I gladly accepted.

At 11:20, two housekeepers knocked on my door demanding to know when and if I was going to checkout.

I am at a loss for the rush. The hotel appeared to be deserted, and the staff was unaccommodating in a way that is mysterious at best and apathetic at worst.

The kicker is that upon checkout a tacky sign was displayed at the front desk touting the property's busyness and its flexibility, yet it ultimately concluded by asking guests to respect the check-in and checkout times. I couldn't help but to think that the front desk clerk had placed that sign on my account.

I greatly hesitate to return to this property after having been treated as an annoyance. Granting a later checkout would have earned my business for the future (and it is not nonstandard in the hotel industry), as I would have greatly appreciated the kind, accommodating gesture. Rushing me out and placing a sign on the desk, though, does not inspire me to return as a guest.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
abchew, General Manager at Ramada Conference Center fishkill, NY, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Pleasing Facility, Mysterious Management:
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are pleased that certain aspects of your stay were pleasing and we thanky you for bringing to our attention areas requiring modification. These have been corrected; specifically the late check out flexibility. Should travels bring you this way again please let us know and we will make a special effort to assure your comfort. Thank you.

Adair B. Chew

Been to Ramada Conference Center fishkill, NY? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Conference Center fishkill, NY

Address: 542 Route 9, Exit 13 off I-84, Fishkill, NY 12524 (Formerly Holiday Inn Fishkill)
Location: United States > New York > Fishkill
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Fishkill
Hotel Class:3 star — Ramada Conference Center fishkill, NY 3*
This full-service hotel offers 157 guest rooms, restaurant, business center, fitness center, outdoor pool, free WiFi, free hot breakfast (included in rate) room service and on-site laundry facilities. Hotel also offers 10,000 sq ft of conference/meeting space. Truck and RV parking is available. Conveniently located at the junction of I-84 and Route 9 in the Hudson Valley. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Wyndham, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ramada Conference Center fishkill, NY reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Conference Center Fishkill, Ny Hotel Fishkill
Holiday Inn Fishkill
Fishkill Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Ramada Conference Center fishkill, NY, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.