“GREAT Indian food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Buffet
Port Charlotte
“GREAT Indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Whenever I come back to The Hudson Valley, the first place I go is to Tanjore. Just love their lunch buffet, especially on the weekends when they add lots more items. Have been frequenting this restaurant since it opened when I lived in The Hudson Valley. I keep asking them to open one in Florida, but we still don't have one. They are the BEST Indian restaurant I've been to in the U.S. or in Canada, and I've been to many. Thanks for the delicious food and great service. By the way, you make the BEST Mango Lasse.

Phyllis from Florida

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
“Don't wast you time or money.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately it is the only indian Resturant in town, so I was forced to go there, even though a lot of my indian friends told me don't bother going there. I went there for the lunch buffet. The options are very limited and the quality of the food is very poor, on top of that when an item runs out, we had to wait over 15 min for them to bring out more food. The worst thing they do is that they automatically add the gratuity on TAKEOUT ORDERS.(I still have the receipt to prove) Very dirty Resturant, bathrooms are filthy. If you want to get sick go to this dump.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Great Indian Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I are regular customers and we love the food. His favorite: Chicken Tikka Masala. Mine: Lamb Chops Chettinad. Service is also excellent and the wait staff are very friendly.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Service has plummeted.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have brought many friends and celebrated many family events at Tanjore since their beginning. The food, though it may taste a little different each time, has always been good. For example,Sag paneer is one of our favorites and one time it may have more or less cheese chunks and be a little more or less spicy but all within a range of good flavors, so acceptable and interesting.

The last time we were there the service had slipped, lengthening our usual time between visits, and visiting more frequently the nearby competitor, Citrus, in New Windsor at the five corners.

Friday night we got to Tanjore at about 6:30 and were seated immediately, a number of tables open, and that was it. None if their usual: no one bringing menus, no one taking a drink order, and no one bringing the delightful basket of pre-dinner pappadam and accompanying onions and spices.

We just sat and sat.

Others were seated after us and got the normal ritual so even now I can't say they've really dropped service across the board, maybe we were just unlucky. My wife got up from our table and walked to the bar to ask for a menu, water, and pappadam. But rather than recovering with good service the rest of the meal was pulling teeth to get help. No one came during the meal to check on us. And I'd ordered the fresh garden salad I always order and instead of coming before the meal as usual for my wife and me to share it came with the meal, so the hot dishes were cooled a bit by the time we got to them. Details, details, I know but all the difference in a meal, no?

The kulcha bread with nuts was under done, doughy, not crispy as usual.

The kulfi ice cream dessert is always wonderful here. When ours came to the table it was a smaller portion by about a third than we've always had and worse, it was half melted.

Shame, we've always liked this place very much. Though we will give it a longer time before going back, we will return because of our long history there. I really wonder if it has completely changed hands

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wappingers Falls, New York
“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The title says it all.... this place is amazing!! I have been to many Indian restaurants all over the county and nothing has compared to this place. The service is a little slow so we usually order to go.

Visited April 2013