“OK - Nothing fancy here and very Noisy!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Fishkill
Fishkill, New York
“OK - Nothing fancy here and very Noisy!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed here with wife for a quick getaway from the kids ( we live in Fishkill area) and chose this because it was close to our home. The room was pretty standard. The staff was OK, the breakfast was generic - except for the waffles.

My main issue was the noise. My wife is a very light sleeper, and we heard trucks driving by the hotel all night long, the hotel is next to the highway (1-84).

We spoke about it to the front desk and the girl said we get that complaint sometimes. I will probably try another hotel in Fishkill, next time.

Room Tip: yeah get a room on the opposite side of the hotel - away from the road...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Central Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We had been in Manhattan on a group tour. When it ended we grabbed a rental car and headed to Fishkill to visit my son who lives in Beacon ("right next door"). The staff greeted up warmly, with freshly baked cookies, and a room on the first floor, a nice change from all the elevator riding during the previous week. The "complementary continental breakfast" was typical.

We will stay here again if the occassion arises.

Room Tip: If you can get a room on the side away from I84, do it! (We were not bothered, but we're sound s...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We recently spent one night at this Quality Inn & Suites. Rooms were very clean and are your typical hotel sized room. Beds were comfortable. The pillows are horrible. They are what I would call throw pillow size, half the size of a regular bed pillow. They were uncomfortable to sleep on because the lack of head space. The heating system worked but was loud and so was the refrigerator. When one stopped making noise the other would start. Made for a restless nights sleep. The breakfast was nice. There were make your own waffles, cereal, scrambled egg and sausage patties, bagels, english muffins, breads and assorted muffins. They even had really good tasting danishes that were very fresh. Variety of fruit juices and very good tasting coffee. The girl kept the breakfast area full at all times. Since the hotel was booked they even opened a conference room for people to sit in. This is the first time I ever saw a hotel do that. Fresh fruit, store bought cookies and coffee is available 24 hours. When I arrived they had my reservation wrong. I had reserved a double queen and they had me in a King. The girl told me that was what I reserved but good thing for me I had my confirmation email that showed I booked a double queen. They also had my rate wrong which was higher than I booked again good thing I had my confirmation. It took them a while to shuffle rooms and adjust my rate but in the end I did get what I had reserved. I would recommend people to stay here but I would suggest bringing your own pillows if you like to sleep on a larger pillow and ear plugs if the noise would bother you. When ever you travel you should bring proof of your reservation just in case you need it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I just returned from a 5-week stay at the Quality Inn in Fishkill. I was awaiting the birth of my first grandchild and had no intentions of being there so long. However, the staff at this hotel was so welcoming, professional, and warm that it made my stay the most comfortable I have experienced at a hotel. They did everything possible to keep me in the same room and when that was not possible, the staff moved all of my belongings for me.

The rooms were completely clean and the bathrooms were spotless and spacious. The King Suites with whirlpool tubs were absolutely wonderful and the beds were more than comfortable. I was able to use the free Wi-Fi to continue working remotely so I did not have to use vacation days during the wait. Everything I needed was provided, from clean linens and towels, to restaurant recommendations and free breakfast every morning. Also, having a 24-hour diner in the adjoining parking lot and within walking distance was a great bonus.

We did not lose power during Hurricane Sandy and the staff made sure I knew that someone would be available if I needed anything. The customer service shown here is quite exceptional. I know where I'll be staying during future visits.

Thanks to everyone at Quality Inn, especially Nicole, Leah, Corrine (?), Dimitri, and the wonderful housekeeping staff.

Robin

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Ames, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This five-year-old property is in excellent condition and is very clean. The staff are friendly and helpful. Our room was very spacious, clean, and comfortable. It had a nice, large bathroom with a very large tub, a large closet with an ironing board, a mini fridge, and a good-sized TV. The king-sized bed was very comfortable. Even though the motel is very close to the highway, we did not hear any road noise. Although our room was next to the elevator, we never heard noise from that, either. The continental breakfast had many choices, hot and cold, including waffles, cereal, fruit, sausage, hard-boiled eggs, egg patties, yogurt, muffins, donuts, toast, bagels, english muffins, coffee, and juices. Coffee, juice, cookies, and fruit were available 24 hours a day. The building has never been smoked in, which we really appreciated. The free wireless Internet worked very well. We will definitely stay here again when we're in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dixon, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Leah at the front desk was most helpful in helping me make the reservation as well as in welcoming us after a 12 hour drive from New Brunswick with fresh cookies & a 24 hr. coffee, cappachino & hot chocolate. We noticed that this place has received the Platinum Award from Choice Hotels since it's been open. One look around will tell you why. It's clean & well maintained. Our room was comfortable for 3 adults & 2 toddlers. A sturdy crib was provided free of charge. My sleep was interrupted by some noisy trucks. The breakfast was okay, but the tables were crowded together too much.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room away from the noisy traffic.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Portsmouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This was a lovely, clean hotel. Lots of pillows and a nice warm blanket. The bathroom was very spacious with lots of counter space. The room had a refrigerator. There was tv and internet access. Good climate control equipment.
The staff was very friendly and courteous. Cookies were available at the front desk and fruit in the dining area for anytime snacking.
Breakfast was provided at a buffet. There were some hot items as well as the usual cold items.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Fishkill? Share your experiences!