“nice place for a quick stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 11 hotels in Fishkill
Killingworth, Connecticut
“nice place for a quick stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

this place is easy to get to (right off 84) and has a gas station and diner both adjoining parking lots. The hotel itself seemed pretty new, and the staff was friendly. The room was clean and we had a room where the shower had 4 jets that you can have the shower massage on.
Typical HIE breakfast selection - and had good open parking with 4 ways to come in and out (all the non-front were secure 24/7). TV selection was also good - better than what I saw at Marriott properties in the same area.

Room Tip: the x10 rooms are near the "quiet" elevator but the beds align to the wall away from other...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
HIEX-Fishkill, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear erik f -

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay in one of our executive rooms which do include the upgraded amenities. Also, you did mention that you were impressed with the vast selection of cable channels. We are very happy that you did notice that we offer more than the competition in the area without the extra cost. Many of our guests do comment on our "brand new" appearance, which does serve as a reward of the hard work that we put in to keep the atmosphere within the hotel fresh. The staff at the hotel does look forward to your next visit so we can continue to serve you as one of our valued guests.

99 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I found this property by sheer luck.Nancy the front desk manager couldn't be any nicer! She is always there to welcome us with a smile!The property is always clean and the accommodations are top notch.We have stayed at many different locations in the Fishkill /Poughkeepsie area and this one by far stands alone. People often ask why Fishkill? The area is beautiful,the locals are great and the Holiday inn express is superb,that's why.BEST KEPT SECRET!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
HIEX-Fishkill, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Stacy H –

Our Assistant General Manager, Nancy, is one of the main reasons we retain our base of repeat guests. As she works her hardest to fulfill any requests that come her way with her trademark cheerful attitude, she is one of the major tent poles of this hotel. I also do want to give acclaim to the positive remarks with our facility, we are very happy that you consider us “top notch”. As you did mention, there are many other to choose from when it comes to lodging in Fishkill. We are the first choice for many travelers to the Fishkill / Poughkeepsie / Newburgh area based on the feedback that we receive, which speaks to the level of quality and service that we put out. Nancy, as well as myself, does look forward to your next stay with us.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was in Fishkill in a business trip.Usually I stayed in Quality Inn.
I tried Holiday Inn Express for one night.
It is a clean hotel with a nice rooms but....
Stayed one night
Was charged for three nights

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
HIEX-Fishkill, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Michael b -

Thank you for providing your review... First, I am pleased that you did enjoy your stay with us, given us positive feedback about the rooms and the common areas of the property. We are the most recently constructed hotel in the Fishkill / Poughkeepsie market, which is why we always receive the comments that we still look “fairly new”.

After reviewing the reservations, it seems that you did reserve advance purchase reservations that you subsequently attempted to cancel. When you choose to reserve a room under the advance purchase rate, you are charged immediately for the reservation and you cannot cancel it.

If you do have questions with how our billing is posted regarding certain types of reservations, I would like to invite you to contact me directly at the hotel. I do hope that you do choose to stay with us once again when you are back in the area…

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Excellent service at this hotel. Friendly, extremely helpful front desk staff. I had a car problem and they could not have been more supportive, even personally helping me try to jump my battery and then referring me to a very good mechanic. Room was clean, fresh and pleasant. Comfortable beds, good coffee at breakfast. Good diner practically next door (we walked while the car was being fixed). Location right near I-84 (but not close enough to be noisy), good for our school tournament.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
HIEX-Fishkill, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear Darlenehcp –

I am really happy to hear that your experience at the Holiday Inn Fishkill – Mid-Hudson Valley was a positive one. As we always go above and beyond when a guest has an issue, whether it be hotel related or not, I am glad to see that the assistance that our staff provide you made a lasting impression on you. I also did notice that you enjoyed the hotel itself, as well as the free hot breakfast… We do look forward to the next time we have the opportunity to serve you as one of our guests.

Boston, MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Next time I visit Fishkill I will select almost any other hotel, they are all within walking distance of each other so location isn't really an issue.

Good points: It was clean. Staff was polite. Room was nicely made up and furnished. Beds were comfortable. Complimentary breakfast had a large range of selections. The front desk staff was very polite when I had to call to ask them to tell other guests to please quiet down.

The downside was: 1) I waited a long time, almost 5 minutes, at the counter before anyone was present to check me in, no one around; after a 4 hour car ride I just want to get in my room; 2) I had read reviews here already warning me to not stay in room 118 or 119 or frankly, anywhere on the 1st floor, but I stupidly thought How bad can it be? when I was told I was in room 118; 3) the bathroom door in our room wouldn't close without much shoving and banging up high from the inside, it was warped by steam; 4) Room 118 is right next to a side exit/entrance where people come and go from all hours and apparently chat on their cell phones and whistle all night (prompting a call to the front desk asking them to tell whoever was loitering to move along); 5) Room 118 is also next to the pool, the shrieking and screaming of every child was so bad I couldn't hear the TV 40 feet down the hall (prompting another polite phone call to the desk at 9pm asking them to deal with this); 6) the hotel walls and doors are paper thin, I heard an entire phone call of a man in the next room and it was just a normal phone call, so you know, no privacy; 7) endless slamming of hotel room doors and people tramping in and out all night left me getting no sleep at all. Oh and 8) the pool: its an indoor pool with a glass wall and the snow overhead was dripping through the glass bubble and ALL the upholstered furniture was soaking wet from a combo of the dripping weather and the kids splashing all the chairs and tables so there was nowhere to sit and supervise your kids, I had to put one chair in the shower area (far from splashing) with 6 towels on it, whole area foggy with chlorine.

Room Tip: Friends staying on the 3rd floor said their room was great, quieter, though the walls were thin. I g...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
HIEX-Fishkill, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear EmleeMA –

I really do want to thank you for providing us with a summary of your experience with us. The staff is happy that you gave them positive marks about the cleanliness of the hotel and the polite attitude of the staff. Regarding the issues that occurred while you stayed with us, I would first like to apologize that your stay was not up to par with your expectations. As we did have a large group in house which did cause some of these issues, we did bring up the issues with the group contact who did take the appropriate actions. I would like to invite you to contact me directly at the hotel so that I can get a detailed explanation of what occurred, so I can fully assess what occurred. I would like to thank you for staying with us and do hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in the area.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

This was a stay for work. I dont really know what else is in the area so im not sure why anybody would stay here otherwise. The hotel has a small pool and hot tub. The rooms are very nice with big tv's and adequate size refrigerator and microwave. The beds are very comfortable. The noise the doors make outside of the rooms are very loud and annoying. You can hear through the doors very easily also. There is an elevator also. Parking lot in the winter was extremely slippery and dangerous and wasn't taken care of.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Moosetalker –

With all of the choices of hotels in the area right off Interstate 84, we are happy that you chose us and did enjoy your stay. As we do have more to offer than the competition, we are happy that you liked the big TV’s as well as the pool and hot tub. You did mention that there were some inconveniences during your stay, such as the noise made by the doors and the parking lot. As we did have a large group at the hotel causing the noise with the doors, we did reach out to the group leader to express our concerns, who did correct the issue. With our parking lot, during inclement winter weather, we do have our staff tending to the lots as frequently as possible. As we do try our best to eliminate all ice, there may be a period after the treatment is applied and before it is applied once again that ice may reform. Once again, I do apologize for the discomfort that this has caused. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again when travels bring you back to our region.

Director Of Sales
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Very nice hotel. Nice large, clean rooms. Small gym, pool, ice machines, laundry room, refrigerator and microwave in room add to the stay. Very nice staff. Well located with a few good restaurants near by and a movie theater across the highway. I stay hear because of the great hiking near by. Great way to spend the day, then grab dinner and back to the hotel.

Room Tip: all the rooms are pretty similar. You may want to ask for the 2nd or third floor to cut down on am t...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
HIEX-Fishkill, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Dan O. –

I do want to thank you very much for sharing your experience of your stay. It is great to hear that you have selected us as your hotel of choice when staying in the Hudson Valley. For you to say that our hotel “is the way a hotel should be” speaks to the efficient, professional manner our staff works hard to project to our guests at all times. I really do look forward to your return visit so we can serve you as our loyal guest once again.

Holiday Inn Express Fishkill – Mid-Hudson Valley

Been to Holiday Inn Express? Share your experiences!