“Good Stay -- Some Inconveniences” 4 of 5 stars

2x Points Package
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Fishkill
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lewiston, Maine
“Good Stay -- Some Inconveniences”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The hotel is tucked away behind other buildings and is not marked by a sign on the main highway. If it had been we would not have driven past it twice.

The hotel staff was courteous and very pleasant. Very clean!

I reserved three rooms. We arrived approximately 3:30pm. Two out of three were ready. The other one was not. We were led to believe it would be ready in just a few minutes. After an hour we called the front desk and it still was not ready. Took a walk down to the front desk and it was finally ready. This delay caused us to have to make other arrangements for appointments we had that afternoon. We were told they had sold out the previous night and that was the reason for the delay. Sorry, as a customer that is not my concern. Hire more staff if rooms cannot be ready at the appointed time. I am sure if I stayed beyond checkout time I would be expected to pay. Nothing was offered to make up for the inconvenience.

Also, since I reserved all three rooms at the same time, I would expect that common sense would have it that all would be on the same floor. In our case, each room was on a different floor.

Room Tip: Follow-up your reservation with a call if you want rooms on the same floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I went to my goddaughter's graduation from West Point and this was the only hotel that had rooms available last May when we reserved them. I thank God for that! The lobby is very warm and inviting when you walk in. The front desk staff are all very polite and helpful. They even provided a boardroom at the last minute so that we could hold our goddaughter's pinning ceremony in an intimate setting with family and friends. Our hotel room was spotless. After the first morning I left a note for housekeeping requesting extra pillows and towels. When we returned to our room that night, both requests had been met. We ate at the breakfast buffet every morning and loved it! The wait staff is very personable and the food is delicious. I would not hesitate to stay here again if we ever return to this area.

middletown,n.y., United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

total satisfaction with every aspect of our stay. would highly recommend. The staff went out of their way to insure all our needs were met. they were all very friendly and treated us almost like family.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Floral Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We stayed here for my daughter's College graduation. We had no idea what kind of hotel we were booking, because we weren't familiar with the neighborhood. To our surprise, the lobby was so welcoming and clean. Mark, Front Desk, was so wonderful. Not only did he great us with a smile, he answered my 9,000 questions. He was so accommodating.

We went to our room and found it immaculate. Everything we could possibly need. We used the free wifi and desk to catch up on some work we had to get done. We needed to use the laundry facilities. When I couldn't figure out how to get it to work, Mark very quickly came up and showed us what we were doing wrong. We appreciated the help!

Breakfast was a beautiful buffet for $9.99! They had so many beautiful choices displayed in a very clean and appetizing way. Our checkout was quick and we thanked everyone.

We ran out to go shopping to the 7 mile away very large Poughkeepsie Mall. Many stores around and in the Mall. Shopping was great and so close. There are plenty of restaurants right near the hotel and by the mall.

The beds and linens were very good quality. The shower head made the shower so invigorating. The toiletries were displayed so nicely. We appreciated everything and all the little touches.

The staff was very sweet and welcoming. We will definitely return to this hotel in the future. Thanks Mark and the lovely waitress that took care of us. (she has child that lives in Boston).

Room Tip: Try the breakfast, the waitress (I'm sorry I can't remember her name) was so welcoming and w...
Tuckahoe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We normally stay at B&Bs when traveling. The bride reserved a block of rooms for the wedding. It was a very nice experience staying here and the wait staff in the breakfast area was very accommodating. The family stayed for several hours visiting and was not rushed to leave.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Shelton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband and I love staying at this hotel. It is a fantastic place to relax and tour the Hudson Valley from!!

The Manager, Chris Roganski does an amazing job of keeping this property beautifully manicured and
spotless.

The front desk staff is just the all time BEST!!! They do their very best to help you with all of your needs. Ryan is always so accomodating and willing to make your stay the best during evening hours.

If you want to experience the BEST of the Hudson Valley , this is the place to stay!!!
My husband and I love it. We have stayed here many times. We can't wait to come back.!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed on a Saturday night and Sunday breakfast was delicious. You can order made to order omelette or Buffett style for eggs, potatoes, bacon. I had the buffet and my husband had an omelet. We both commented how frsh and good the food was. There also was lots of staff available and they were extremely friendly nd helpful. As a frequent travel to hotels that offer breakfast, this was well above expecting. The rooms were clean and very comfortable.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Poughkeepsie/Fishkill? Share your experiences!