“Delightful find, despite dessert.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Buford, Georgia
“Delightful find, despite dessert.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Was introduced to Farm to Table by two friends and we it was a delightful meal. Very unassuming from the outside, had a "welcome home" decor inside that immediately comforting.

Table service is smart and friendly. We started with the Arthur Avenue Sampler, Burrata Salad and the wedge salad. The Sampler is an incredible sampling of flavors from the famous Arthur Avenue in NYC. The Burrata was very good, not the best I've had, but quite good nonetheless.

For drinks we went with a white sangria, drangonfruit mojito and a craft beer. Mixed drinks were really flavorful.

For dinner it was the short ribs, smothered chicken and stuffed trout. All three were excellent and I will say I'm not much of a trout fan, but I sampled it and found it to be incredibly mild with a really good stuffing. Loved the chicken and the short ribs.

For dessert my companions chose bread pudding and I went with the waitress recommended flour less chocolate cake. The pudding was incredible but the cake was dry and gritty. Only had one forkful and put it down. My companions each sampled it too and agreed the cake was a disappointment. We still had to pay for it which was unfortunate since we didn't eat it, but that was the only disappointment of an otherwise incredible meal.

Visited June 2014

The Villages, Florida
“Good Food, Slow Service, Pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Ate there 6/14. Bottom Line: Tries to be a fine dining establishment, but falls short in our book. Food is good, but small portions. Service slow and seems a bit pricey.

Restaurant is in a strip mall with plenty of free parking. We had a party of eight but were seated immediately around 5:30pm. Only a few other customers were in the restaurant. Our server arrived promptly with a single page menu. There was also a smaller menu with the day's specials. Full bar drink orders was taken and returned promptly.

Entre selections were varied and included duck, steak, seafood and other dishes. The side orders were a bit unique and included garlic scrape (the green sprout that grows on a mature garlic), barley polenta, kale and other like items. Prices were in the mid-$20 area for each.

Our group selected a variety of items to compare. Duck, steak, salmon and schnitzel were all good. Some of the side dishes were good, but I'd advise that the garlic scrape should be avoided. Portion sizes seemed a bit small but food was well prepared. Service seemed slow but it gave plenty of time to socialize.

We also had desert and coffee. Overall price seemed a bit high for what we got and we went to an ice cream stand afterwards to top off the dinner.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great place, cozy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Pretty decent menu, with daily specials based on what's locally available. Classically prepared. The wine list isn't large, but a good selection of French wines w/some west coast that should pair well with anything. And fair priced at that.

New York City, New York
“awful experience. stay away!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We made a reservation a few days in advance for 8pm. Since we were a "big party" ?(16 people, including 7 kids) we were asked to pre-ordered food based on the website menu. Watch it - its a trap. The actual menu in the restaurant is different. We were not informed about different menu and we asked to change three entrees. 3 out of 16! We were told by the manager that our order is precooked since 4pm! and can't be changed. All our explanations that we didn't know about real menu met wall of resistance and eventually "manager" turned around and left, saying that we were not suppose to get menus at all. So if you like to eat steak or schnitzel which were cooked 5 hours earlier, this is a place for you. If you like it fresh, there are plenty of places around

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Croton on Hudson, New York
“Great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I was taken to this restaurant for lunch to celebrate an event and was I surprised to see such a varied menu. I have passed this location so many times but did not know there was a restaurant there. I could have ordered 20 items for lunch since so many looked so good and what I finally ordered was as fresh and tasty as it could be. The basil tasted like it was just picked and the homemade mozzarella was outstanding. I will definitely go back as often as I can now that I know this restaurant is so wonderful!

• Visited April 2014