“Wonderful local cafe in the Hudson Valley” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery
Description: www.tomatocafefishkill.com
Fishkill, New York
“Wonderful local cafe in the Hudson Valley”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

If you are looking for a casual, reasonably priced restaurant, The Tomato Cafe is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The food is fresh and nicely presented. We had the Grilled Chicken, Mushroom and Gruyere Sandwich served with their house salad with a dijon vinagerette and their Tuna Nicoise Salad. Their Thursday night pizza special for only $10 is a great bargain.
We recently moved to Fishkill and the Tomato Cafe will definitely be one of our new favorite go to restaurants for a quick bite to eat.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ocean City, Maryland
“Fun downtown eatery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Our 2nd trip to Tomato Cafe as we stop in Fishkill on our trip through NY. Good food in a fun atmosphere at reasonable price. Great tomato soup (their specialty) and good Mac & Cheese. It wasn't quite like mom used to make but comfort food nonetheless. Highly recommend.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NYC
“Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Wonderful service standard fare great value, breakfast options available at lunchtime for late risers.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Connecticut
“Excellent pasta dishes, reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

My wife and I joined my daughter, son-in-law, and our infant granddaughter for dinner here on a recent Saturday night. I have to say it was one of the more enjoyable restaurant experiences we have had since my daughter moved here in 2013. We had been here once before for a quick lunch, but this time it was an experience to savor.

The tomato soup is a rich and peppery treat, topped with a handful of homemade croutons and, since there's no cream in it, the hearty tomato flavor really stands out. The pasta dishes are excellent values and you can order a half-size portion if you're on a budget or diet. My wife really enjoyed her penne with grilled chicken and pesto, so much so that she finished it on the spot instead of bringing some home for lunch the next day as she intended. I had an excellent beef stroganoff served over noodles in a hearty cream based sauce with mushrooms and onions along with a very fresh garden salad. The house dressing is a honey vinaigrette that I can endorse. The dessert menu is a bit limited, but if you get there early enough order one of the cupcakes. They are specially made by one of the servers, big enough that you need a fork to eat one, and oh so good. I had a chocolate cupcake stuffed with raspberry puree, my wife enjoyed the lemon vanilla cupcake, and my son-in-law devoured an oreo/devil's food varietal. I tried to order another cupcake for takeout after we finished dinner, but unfortunately they were sold out for the night at 7:15 pm.

Dinner for four with appetizers, entrees, desserts and a single adult beverage came to $124 including tax and a generous tip to our server. Tomato Cafe is just a few minutes from the US Route 9 exit off I-84 and it's well worth the detour.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hyde Park, NY
“Great Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

The building is old, the decor is old but the food was great! We had the omelettes and home fries. Food was delicious and the price was very good!

Visited January 2014