“Delicious” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

It had been several years since I ate at Il Barilotto. I shouldn't allow so much time to pass next time! Each year, my partner and I drive from Washington, DC, to Poughkeepsie for a college graduation event. After the event, we have dinner at a nice restaurant. We ate here several years and thought we'd try it again. We weren't disappointed. We were early so things weren't quite up to speed, but that allowed us to take our time and enjoy our cocktails. My fish (a white fish special for that evening) was prepared perfectly. My partner said his pasta was done well, too. Since we are in the area only once a year, we may have to stay an extra day if we want to try another restaurant and enjoy another meal here, too!

Visited May 2013

Putnam Valley, New York
“Upscale, pricey but great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Il Barilotto Enoteca is a charming little restaurant in Fishkill, nestled among other restaurants. You almost feel like you're on Restaurant Row in NYC. The food is excellent but everything is a la carte, which brings the price up considerably. Salads start at $8.00 and go up from there. When I asked if there was a smaller side salad, I was told that there was only the ones on the menu. My husband and daughter ordered the scallops and only got about 5 each--enough for my daughter, but not enough for a man, even with the pricey salad. My dish, Strozzapretti alla Salciccia Nostrana, (pasta with sausage and peas), was truly delicious, but I ended up sharing it with my husband, who was still hungry after dinner. So, I would suggest this restaurant, especially for special occasions, and if you are willing to order appetizers, entrees, salads and dessert. so that you don't leave hungry.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fishkill, New York
“The Best of the Hudson Valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I've been going to Il Barilotto for years and have never had a bad meal. I recommend it to all of my friends and out-of-towners. There's nothing else quite like it, while I have my favorites on the menu you really can't go wrong with any selection. The drinks are just incredible, they have a new summer drink call "The Bees Knees" with muddled lemon, rosemary, honey and local vodka. It's light and refreshing and out of this world. The service is consistently top notch while not at all pretentious. It's the perfect restaurant for any special occasion or just a nice night out.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hopewell Junction, New York
“Great family meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We have eaten at Il Barilotto several times over the past couple years. The food is always superb. Service has been friendly and helpful when we have dined although you definitely need a reservation if you plan to dine on a weekend or special occasion.

The ambiance is lacking. The restaurant interior gives off a cheap, faux-talian vibe that is at odds with the quality of the food and the cost of your dinner.

Overall a great place to have a nice dinner with or without kids.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
ct
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The food was outstanding and our server Charissa was knowledgeable and friendly. She explained the different dishes and was very helpful. Food was served quickly and hot. The bread was fantastic but what topped it off was the fresh made whipped ricotta. Would highly recommend to everyone.

• Visited April 2013