“Great family meal” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Hopewell Junction, New York
“Great family meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We have eaten at Il Barilotto several times over the past couple years. The food is always superb. Service has been friendly and helpful when we have dined although you definitely need a reservation if you plan to dine on a weekend or special occasion.

The ambiance is lacking. The restaurant interior gives off a cheap, faux-talian vibe that is at odds with the quality of the food and the cost of your dinner.

Overall a great place to have a nice dinner with or without kids.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

92% Recommend
ct
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The food was outstanding and our server Charissa was knowledgeable and friendly. She explained the different dishes and was very helpful. Food was served quickly and hot. The bread was fantastic but what topped it off was the fresh made whipped ricotta. Would highly recommend to everyone.

• Visited April 2013
Queensbury, New York
“Perfect for dinner, even with the kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is one of my favorite restaurants. The menu is fantastic and full of choices for everyone, including children with a more adventurous and mature pallet. (up and coming foodies is you will). We dined late which was good as it was a Saturday night. 8:30pm (late for some kids) was perfect and after a short wait we were seated. The entire staff was attentive and a pleasure to speak to and so accommodating to the kids. They were very knowledgeable about the menu and gave recommendations. The atmosphere is casual but elegant as well as warm and inviting. If you are looking for a great night out and the perfect meal this is your place.

• Visited April 2013
Osprey
“Great Best in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Always has had great food and location in a small village adds to the charm. Always fresh and intimate Specials are good choices. Always try to make a point of stopping here for a meal while in town.

Visited March 2013
Vermont
“Not cheap, but here you get what you pay for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I go to Fishkill a few times a year for buisness. I eat here at least once everytime I go. This place is amazing. Every meal I have had here rocked my world. Everyone I took here loved it. People say things like "one of the best meals I have ever had...".

This is a profesionally run restaruant. They know what they are doing and they take no short cuts. If you want to impress someone, this is the place to take them. If they don't like it, ditch them. When I am alone, I eat at the bar. The bartender is amazing, he will take good care of you.

My wife has never been to Fishkill. We recently ate at another high price Italian restaruant. It didn't even begin to compare with II Barilotto. I was extremely upset. I told my wife here, even if we need to drive 5 hours each way and get a hotel. This restaruant is worth it because you leave it knowing you just had an amazing meal.

• Visited October 2012