“Possibly the Best Italian Restaurant in the Hudson Valley” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 83 Restaurants in Fishkill
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Doing business, Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Possibly the Best Italian Restaurant in the Hudson Valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

Il Barilotto in Fishkill, NY, may be possibly the best Italian restaurant in the Hudson Valley. My partner and I dined there on May 19. I started with the PEI mussels and they were wonderful-- somewhat sweet, yet not. The waiter told me that they had been cooked with vermouth with fresh basil added at the end. VERY good! My partner ordered a Boston salad and he raved about the dressing. For our entree, he ordered sausage-stuffed ravioli and I ordered the steak. My steak was prerfectly cooked and served with a tasty cream sauce. As good as I thought it was, my partner gave me a ravioli to taste. It was absolutely amazingly fresh and delicious. Next time (and there will be the next time I'm in the area!) I will choose from the pasta selections! If Il Barilotto has any competition, it's with its sister restaurant, Aroma Osteria, about 5-7 miles away in Wappingers Falls. Either way, you will be treated to a delicious meal!

• Visited May 2011

new York
“A Memorable Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2010

Il Barilotto is where you soon learn the difference between typical italian-american
food and the fine cuisine crafted by the skilled chefs at Il Barilotto. My wife and elected to have a four course meal not including dessert. Every course from the appetizer to the main course was skillfully prepared with complex ingredients and flavor. Our waiter Jeremy, contributed to this great meal by seamlessly bringing each course out without delay. Fine wines are available by the glass or the bottle. I would recommend you look at the menu online so you can prepare for a great meal.
Pictures online don't do Il Barilotto justice, there are more private tables in the back and the overall atmosphere is excellent. Il Barilotto is upscale and priced accordingly but worth every penny. I would recommend you arrive early since they don't take reservations unless you want to spend some quality time at the bar as we did.
I would have to say that this was one of our best dining experiences ever. II Barilotto is a special place to take someone special.

Allentown, PA
“A great place to stop off Rt. 84”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

I travel to New England twice a month and I'm always looking for new places to stop. I protest chain restaurants! Trip Advisor pulled through once again. I couldn't be happier with the choice. Service, atmosphere and food were almost a bargain. It's not a big place so don't be disappointed if you wait for a table, its worth the wait if it happens. (Tip: Parking in the rear)

Tampa, Florida
“highly recomend, well worth the price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

We were here on a business trip and checked travel adviser for the locals opinions. We are from Tampa and have quite the selection of Italian style restaurants. This was far and away one of the most enjoyable meals we've had. The mussels (Cozze Al Cinzano) were absolutely delicious and the lentil soup was great. I had the prosciutto wrapped pork with peaches and something like fried mash potatoes. My fiance had chicken (Pollo Dorato) with asparagus, mashed potatoes with mushroom sauce. Was it somewhat expensive? Yes, but it was well worth the price tag. Btw, the service was excellent, i have tattoos and generally dress pretty casual away from work and was treated all the same. Will hopefully visit again before we leave.

Massachusetts
“Excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

On a recent long distance trip, we decided to stay overnight in Fishkill. We checked Trip Advisor for both hotel and restaurant recommendations. For dinner we choose Il Barilotto. It was outstanding and we are well experienced diners. It met everyone of our expectations and then some. In particular, we enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. In our opinion, there is nothing worse than an a restaurant whose food and service is outstanding but whose atmosphere is tense and unwelcoming. Not so here at this little gem. Dinner for two, with one app and one dessert and a nice bottle of wine $175 including a 20% tip. It was worth every penny!