“My favorite place at "Cherry Grove"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dune Point

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cherry Grove
Dune Point
You added Dune Point to your Saves list
Lewis Walk, Cherry Grove, Fire Island, NY 11782   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cherry Grove
Bronx, New York
“My favorite place at "Cherry Grove"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

For Over 10 years , always the first two weeks in July myself and partner always stayed at the Dune Point. I been there from the Dutch Days to his Death, and was worried if "New Owners" can keep the warm, cozy, comfort feeling of Dune Point. Now the Summer of 2011 and Petra the manager with her staff bring more to life at Dune Point. And to watch the transition of Dune Point from the Dutch Days to present is remarkable. Petra and staff are wonderful and friendly and YES the warm, cozy comfort feeling never left. Myself and partner look forward to another 10 years at Dune Point.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

Stayed here June 2011 and absolutely loved the location. Petra the manager has everything very well organised and is very pleasant and friendly. Cherry Grove is incredible - a world unto it's own.

Unfortunately the unit we stayed in which is yet to be renovated (across from the main house on the other side of the boardwalk from the beach) had paper thin walls from the bedroom to the adjoining room and we were kept awake by neighbours. Not sure if this is applicable to the other rooms which are renovated but probably would not stay here again as a consequence.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

our trip at dune point was truthfully just a piece of heaven.
I am a 26 gay male. I was going out to fire island to spend time with my boyfriend and my dog.
I spent 2 nights and three days. when you arrive at cherry grove the check in in right at the dock to your left. the receptionist was very friendly and happy to draw a walk path to our room. she also marked where the beach was and where the grills, lighter fluid, and coal were.
it was a short walk to our room (good thing we had cooler full and many bags). our room was so cute! truly a place to feel like home and be left alone. room had a bathroom with plenty of room for our product, kitchen with full service(even wine glasses). in the closet a broom to sweep all the sand. best of all a private little deck to lay out, eat our meals,and a place for our dog to hang out.

the location is perfect
steps away from the beach and very close to main deck for drinks and dining.

im going to wrap it up by saying that this place has great owners, workers, and good property. just keep in mind is a place to feel like home and enjoy your partner or friends. if you need towels or bedspreads it is not included unless requested. I called in am to get them and was very simple and the staff was very nice.

It truly is my new place to stay at cherry grove!
will be back soon.

New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Me, my partner and some friends stayed at Dune Point again this year for a 4-day summer getaway from the City. This time we stayed in the 2-bedroom ocean front apartment which has a vista that has to be seen to be believed (see photo). And again this year Petra and her staff delivered everything promised and then some! You can tell they truly care about their property and their work. They really go out of their way to ensure your stay is as fabulous as possible. And fabulous it was!

The kitchen was fully stocked with pots, pans, silverware, glasses, etc. Everything you could possibly need to prepare meals. And they have BBQ grills around the property that make for great outdoor grilling and socializing with your neighbors. I always meet very interesting neighbors when staying at Dune Point. And some would probably say I'm a bitter and jaded New Yorker. But all that seems to melt away when on Cherry Grove and staying at Dune Point. We enjoyed ourselves so much again this year that we have already pre-booked for July 2012. Viva Dune Point!

One other thing to note. Admittedly, me and my guests found ourselves feeling a little too festive and bit too loud a couple of nights. But Petra came to speak to me in person with the utmost professionalism and decorum. She explained that loud music is really not acceptable after 10pm. So next year we know. We'll take our noise to one of the bars or clubs at night! But my point is Petra remained professional and addressed the situation with me directly and that was that. No more problems!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

I have been staying at Dune Point for years ,when Dutch ran it. They have renovated some more rooms the Ocean view rooms book up quick because they are Incredible. Rooms have great beds,microwave,fridge,pots and pans,Fab bathrooms,everything you need and more. Fire Island is Beautiful and Dune point makes it even better..terrific memories of this hotel!!! Staying again this week.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

Dune Point is at the top of it's game. The cabins have a complete make over. I now enjoy the room almost as much as the decks and the ocean view. I have been coming to the dune point for over 20 years and this year was my best yet. the staff really have out done them selves.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

since 1987 summer is not summer unless I visit dune point, I was lucky to have stayed when Dutch was alive. And to this day the place still has the same take your shoes off come over and have a cocktail feel about it. your at the beach no thrills, sand on your feet, cook diner in the room and eat on the deck. This is the place if you want to get away from the party and read a book and then go back to the party it just around the corner.
if you are a queen be prepared to rough it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Dune Point? Share your experiences!