“Unique accomodations at The Pines Fire Island” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Madison Fire Island Pines

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fire Island Pines
The Madison Fire Island Pines
You added The Madison Fire Island Pines to your Saves list
22 Atlantic Walk, Fire Island, NY 11782   |
London, United Kingdom
“Unique accomodations at The Pines Fire Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We've been back to The Madison at The Pines 3 times in a row - it's a unique place to stay in The Pines, somewhere between a boutique hotel and a very nice home. The warm welcome from the Manager Luke is a great start; there's a nice atmosphere for women and the proximity to the beach is fantastic. We are planning our return.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Without a doubt, the best place to stay in the Pines. Not only is the location perfect, but the staff is AMAZING. From the moment I made my reservation to my final good bye, Luke, Philip and Ronnie were focused on making my stay the best. They are around when you need them and ready to lend a helping hand. If you want peace and quiet, they are just as accommodating. The rooms are nice and clean and you feel like you are at home. I'll be back in just over a month and look forward to seeing the boys again and staying at my Fire Island getaway.

PS I didn't have a Tripadvisor account and opened one just to write a review for The Madison.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Agree with previous reviewer Frank H.

Great to go with your friends and rent several rooms. Nice to meet other guests in very relaxed atmosphere. So nice they provide you with beach umbrellas, beach chairs etc.

Will go back soon!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I wanted to get out of the city for my Birthday and I thought about Fire Island for a few days. When my partner and I saw the photos of The Madison in the Pines, we were immediately taken by how beautiful it looked. We booked a room with Luke and arrived the next day. We found ourselves in an exceptionally well kept and beautiful room, in a place that was more like being a guest in someone's gorgeous home rather than a hotel. Before we had a chance to run out and find a place for dinner, Luke came up and told us that the guests preparing a seafood pasta for dinner, would like us to join them. What a wonderful surprise to find ourselves sitting among a group of guests that quickly became friends, and sharing an extraordinary evening together! This place is marvelous. Like something you dream about. Perfection in so many ways. The staff, especially Luke, were amazing. Professional, sweet, informative, hospitable, and welcoming. They obviously took great pride in The Madison experience and making sure that their guests felt completely comfortable. I cannot speak highly enough about the whole experience. We honestly feel like we made friends over the two nights we spent there, that will last a lifetime. Where else does this happen? The Madison is a jewel and we will never forget the exceptional time we had there. What a great Birthday! Thank you, Luke and Phil, for everything. We cannot wait to come back.

West New York, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

The Madison is hands down the best place to stay on Fire Island! The house is gorgeous and very well managed by Luke. His attention to detail and guest-centered attitude keep me coming back every summer.

What sets this place apart from a hotel or share house is the fact that it is a 9-room bed & breakfast. Rather than being in a "frat house" setting it is much more cozy and relaxing. Luke prepares breakfast each morning for his guests and allows us full access to the kitchen and grill if we want to create something on our own or with the other housemates.

The location is also a huge selling point for this property. It is only about 30 steps from the Ferry, High Tea/ Low Tea etc. And if you walk 30 steps in the other directions of the house you are right on the beach. This puts you right in the center of everything so you can enjoy the beach, then stop by the party scene for a cocktail. After you've had enough of that you can retreat back to the house and relax in the pool or hot tub and chat with the other housemates about your day.

After a busy week in Manhattan why not treat yourself to an island escape? Only about 2 hours from midtown with a total round trip commuting cost of about $50 make it a perfect getaway. And it sure beats flying to Florida or the Caribbean :-)

Room Tip: Try to visit the island on a week day if possible so you can get better rates and avoid the crowds.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

I will start with the positives. The Madison has one of the best locations in the Pines. Close to the ferry, the bars and the beach. We checked in and the philp, assistant manager showed us to our room which was very nice. Decor was upscale and very tastefully done as is the majority of the common area. We both felt very comfortable in the space. Luke and Philip were very pleasant and while I had read that breakfast was not served until 10:00 am prior to my visit, I can understand why this is the case after Being in the house one night. It's not a big deal and most people did not come out until at least 10 am. OK, now for a few negatives that I hope the owner reads as it would help make a great place better. I paid over $400 a night for this room and was really surprised that No housekeeping service is offered. At this price point, having your bed made daily and the bathroom wiped down is something that should be a given. I have never been to a hotel or guesthouse where I did not have this service. The other two issues are related to upkeep. The grounds, especially the backyard are in great need of a little TLC. Planters need to be filled with flowers. Weeds pulled and the roof top needs some cushions etc. minor details are being ignored. prior reviews mentioned the hot tub being under repair. At this point it's clear the owner is not fixing this anytime soon. What a shame as it would have been a fantastic place to relax. Again, overall the Madison is a super nice place but needs a little push to be great. Given the lack of competition on the island, maybe it's ok to ignore the above..Maybe!!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I rarely write reviews as you can see from my account and when I do - it is usually when I am pissed-off at somethig.

However people don't often write nice things where the credit is due so here I'm now.

We stayed several nights at the beginning of this month (June) and had a wonderful time.

Having stayed at many hotels and B&B all over the world (from Buenos Aires to Berlin, Beirut to Vienna), I find the Madison by far the most superior in service to its clientele. The house manager (gorgeous) Luke made sure everyone was comfortable and he attended everyone's need. He is restless and constantly working to improve the place while making sure that all of his guests are well-taken care of.

We cannot thank Luke enough. He is under-staff and over-worked! One small suggestion if I may - they need to hire more staff so Luke and his assistant can breathe more.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Madison Fire Island Pines? Share your experiences!