“nice dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Pub
Erie, Pennsylvania, United States
“nice dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

we had the crab cakes and catfish dinners. Both were excellent. The portions were small, but the food was of high quality, best crab cakes ever!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

56% Recommend
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Quaint”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Prices are high for the quality of food. If you are go to shop or be staying in the Findley Lake area it is a quaint little place to eat if you don't want a franchise. Inside is dark and uncomfortable chairs, sitting outside on deck is nicer as you get view of the lake and the town. Drinks and food are pricey, would never take a family, good for couples.

Visited June 2012
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Go across the street!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Tables were dirty slow service and a little overpriced. Waited a long while for food. Very hard to keep a 3 year old happy for that long. Small portions also.

Visited June 2012
Corry, Pennsylvania
“Great meal for a special occasion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I especially liked the chef's Crab Cakes! Dined on deck with view of lake - beautiful. Made reservations & that worked out great.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tenerife
“A fun night and a good meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

I wasn't sure what to expect after the mixed reviews here on Trip Advisor. My family and I love to dine outside so when I knew we'd be visiting the area and Blue Heron offered this chance, I thought we'd go for it. We were lucky that our hotel made reservations for us and that we got patio seating on a busy Saturday night. The children's menu was adequate and they brought us a high chair immediately. My older son had the delicious ribs and I liked that my younger daughter's chicken fingers were grilled instead of fried. I had one of the best Reuben sandwiches ever and my husband, a crab cake lover, swears the crab cakes here are some of the best he's ever tasted. Our beer was good and the gin n'tonic was ok (could have used less ice). Service got better as the night wore on and we were in for a treat that night since the postponed fireworks from the 4th of July were set off that night. Blue Heron was the perfect spot to view them.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere