“Great food” 4 of 5 stars

7300 East Genesee St., Fayetteville, NY 13066
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Limestone Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 30 restaurants in Fayetteville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Burdick Street
Transit: Centro bus
Buffalo, New York
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I went to Limestone Gille with a restaurant.com gift certificate. I was pleasantly surprised by their food. I ordered one of the pasta dishes topped with a filet mignon. It was very good. It was really rich and filling. I ordered the half size, and that was really big, definitely enough for dinner. They had a great wine selections. The bread they brought out was served with three different sauces...one was a tasty butter (I'm not sure what the flavoring was, maybe honey), herbs and olive oil and parmesan cheese.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

45% Recommend
Syracuse, New York
“*** Terribly Managed ...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My family went to the Limestone Grille without reservations. We were told by the receptionist that we could be seated at a table in the lounge. At her direction we entered the lounge and sat at one of the unoccupied tables. Additional patrons without reservations came into the lounge after we did and also sat at unoccupied tables. After all of the tables in the lounge were occupied another employee (seemingly the receptionist's supervisor) came to our table and told us we had to give up the table because that table had been reserved. I pointed out that (i) the receptionist has told us to sit there, (ii) that there was no indication (i.e.. sign) that the table had been reserved, and (ii) that other patrons that came after us had taken tables which we would have taken had the receptionist advised us to sit elsewhere we were nevertheless told to get up. The employee was unapologetic and told us to give up the table.

The bottom line is that this embarrassing situation would not have occurred at a better managed restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
CT
“Awesome dining experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Craftsman while in town for Christmas. We had several meals at the Limestone.

Breakfast is to DIE for. Enormous, delicious omelets, fresh orange juice, over sized slices of toast, and my favorite little jars of jam and marmalade... And a scant $22 bill at the end of the meal! (please bear in mind we live in CT, so while I know this is expensive by Syracuse standards, this is about on par with what we're used to paying for breakfast for two at home... Only we received twice as much food!)

Drinks and apps at the bar were also a lovely experience. I love having an assortment of Saranac and other local favorite beers readily available. We split an order of calamari and I must admit it was astounding. Calamari is very easy to over cook, but this was just perfect! Melt in your mouth tender and served with a house made aioli that was so delicious, we asked for more!

Lunch was equally pleasing. My boyfriend started out with lobster bisque, which was some of the best I have ever tasted. I had the soup de jour- pumpkin bisque, which was delicious in its own right but a little sweet for me to start my meal out with. Though i love that the portion was large enough that I could have eaten just that for my meal and been satisfied. I had a ham and cheese on ciabatta with horseradish sauce (homemade and delicious). There wasn't really enough sauce on my sandwich, so definitely ask for more on the side. My boyfriend had a grilled veggie salad with chicken and fresh mozzarella, and a balsamic glaze - he said it was awesome.

Our server, Connie, was great. Very friendly, attentive and didn't mind our barrage of questions regarding the menu and what she recommended.

I wish we lived closer so we could make frequent visits to the Limestone, but we will have to settle for looking forward to it when we come back! :)

Visited December 2012
Reston, Virginia
“Great place to have lunch and probably dinner.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

My wife and I had lunch the the Limestone Grill located in Fayetteville in Central New York. The hostess was very pleasant and friendly. The decor is 100% Stickley with clean lines and dark wood. I had the cobb salad and my wife ordered the salmon. The ingredient in the cobb salad were fresh and nicely seasoned. The salmon was prepared nicely and was resting on a bed of sautéed spinach. We thoroughly enjoyed the food and the atmosphere was very friendly and clean. I highly recommend this restaurant for lunch. we did not eat dinner here.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, New York
1,149 reviews 1,149 reviews
“Mediocre, overpriced food, HORRIBLE service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

To anyone who is even considering patronizing the Limestone Grill, please read my entire review, and STAY AWAY from this place. We ate here this weekend, and would not wish this kind of experience on anyone.
We stopped into the Limestone Grill because we were driving past it as lunch hour was already partly through, and we were a bit hungry. It looked, on first glance, to be an upscale establishment in an upscale neighborhood. (All of Fayetteville is a very nice town.) If we had realized how wrong we were, we would have fled the area without considering a visit.
The Limestone Grill is an attractive-looking place, with an Old World appearance and a welcoming ambiance. That, however, is the ONLY attractive feature we found in this dining establishment.

We waited at the front desk for some time to be seated, as there appeared to be a large group of senior citizens in one group ahead of us. We asked to be seated in the bar area, which was located to the left of the main dining room. Whether that was our "undoing" remains to be determined.

After an above-average delay, we were seated at a nice table in the bar area. We weren't especially hungry, so we ordered a very simple item that would normally be considered as a "before meal" dish, specifically some lobster bisque soup. Nothing else to eat, just the soup! I also ordered a "Virgin Mary" drink, which is a Bloody Mary, but without the alcohol (vodka). This is not difficult to make, although I did ask the waitress if they would stir some extra horseradish into the drink. (I like things a bit spicy.)

The waitress took our order and disappeared. And I mean, she disappeared! We did not see her for another 15-20 minutes, during which we had neither a drink nor anything else. We were beginning to wonder where she was when she finally did appear with my drink. She offered no explanation other than a rather awkward giggle, and to say that she had "forgotten where things were." OK...that was still all right, although the drink was very mediocre, with none of the extra horseradish that I had requested to mix into the drink. (She had said that the Bloody Mary mix drink was "custom-made", with their own spices and mix. Instead, it was a very bland, mediocre drink, and the waitress forgot to bring out the extra horseradish. I hope this doesn't sound too picky, but she had promised it to me.)

Then, the rest of the wait started. Since we had paid $7.00 for EACH of our bowls of lobster bisque, we expected a high-quality, homemade dish to be courteously delivered to our table. However, we received nothing. We waited 15, then 30, then 45 minutes for our bowls of soup. Finally, I paid a visit to the front desk, where the hostess said that she would get our soup for us. It took her all of about 30 seconds to go into the kitchen and get the two bowls of soup, which HAD BEEN SITTING THERE WAITING FOR US FOR THE LAST HALF HOUR!!!! They were cold, with a thick film of congealed goo over the top. I remarked about this quickly to the hostess before she went back to her front desk duties.

As we ate, we actually had a brief sighting of our "waitress" as she flew through the area. "I'm sorry" she huffed, as she blew past. (At least I think that's what she said.) She never stopped, nor really bothered to ask how our food was...that she never bothered to bring us in the first place.

As I said, the lobster bisque was cold and covered by a thick film. Even if it had been fresh, it tasted like something that was dumped out of a can and heated briefly, with a rather psychedelic ravioli chunk floated in the middle. I'd be upset if I paid more than about two dollars for this ridiculous excuse for a bowl of lobster bisque, much less $7.00. Terrible...no other way to describe it.

By now, I was quite angry, but we still had to wait for the bill. So we sat, and sat, and waited for the "waitress." That was probably a bad decision, although she did eventually show up. I had already stopped by the front desk to ask the manager to deliver the bill to our table, but the hostess told me that "your waitress WAS the manager!" Oh, good Lord, heaven help us!
When our "Manager/Waitress" came by to deliver the bill, I told her how dissatisfied I was with the service. She replied not by apologizing, or by offering an explanation, but by rudely snatching (forcefully) the bill from my hand and saying "then I've got this," and trotting off from the table. As in "you’ve been a bad customer, just go away."

I have NEVER had such a bad experience as I had at the Limestone Grill in Fayetteville. PLEASE, do not go to this restaurant. You will only have a bad, over-priced meal, accompanied by world-class bad service. I WILL NEVER AGAIN GO NEAR THIS PLACE, NOR ADVISE ANYONE I CARE ABOUT TO PATRONIZE IT EITHER. THIS IS A HORRIBLE RESTAURANT WITH HORRIBLE SERVICE.

• 2 of 5 stars Food