“The Noisest Hotel Experiene” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Farmingville
Brookhaven, LI, United States
“The Noisest Hotel Experiene”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I was staying in the Hampton Inn Brookhaven attending a baseball tournament with my 10 yr old son. The hotel quests (drunken parents) were loud and noisy well past 1AM hanging out in the halls. I complained to the front desk and nothing was done until 1 hr after my omplaint. I should not have to omplain as a good hotel staff member should partol the halls and keep noise to a minimum. I am done with Hampton inn forever!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Craig078, General Manager at Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for your review of your stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. I understand that noise from neighboring guests was an issue during your time with us and we apologize for this disruption. We strive to have additional overnight managers available during high traffic periods to assure the comfort and safety of our guests. I do hope the next time you return to area you will consider staying with us again so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Craig Goldman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

There aren't many hotels in the Hamptons, and they're all very expensive. Until recently, the Hampton Inn Brookhaven was the furthest east of any chain hotel (there are now a couple of hotels in Riverhead). Hampton Inns are an interesting lot because no matter where you are, they're almost all alike; if you don't look out the window, you could be anywhere. This is mostly a good thing, though, because you know what to expect. Hampton Inn Brookhaven doesn't disappoint. Everybody there is friendly, and there is usually a wedding group or little league baseball team filling most of the hotel. There's a pretty decent indoor pool and a small gym. Rooms have nice TVs, refrigerators, microwaves and free wifi. And there is a free breakfast every morning (it's not all junky muffins and powdered eggs; there are good cereals, oatmeals, yogurts and fruit if you're picky). But the main attraction is the central location of the hotel. It's right off exit 63 of the Long Island Expressway. Get back on the highway and drive east to the end and, 15 minutes later, you're at the Tanger factory outlet, the Splish Splash water park, and other nearby shopping centers and restaurants. Keep going past Riverhead and you'll be on the North Shore. You'll see all of the Long Island vineyards and eventually wind up in Greenport, a very pretty fishing village with a ton of cute shops and restaurants. Closer to home, by exit 64, is a beautiful Target. Or head east all the way on the William Floyd Parkway at exit 68 and you'll arrive at Smith Point beach on Fire Island (open to the public with paid parking). Finally, if you take the LIE to exit 70, you can drive across the island to the Sunrise Highway and take it one exit to Westhampton Beach and the rest of the South Shore. I highly recommend Westhampton Beach; I grew up there. Hampton Inn is the perfect choice for a Long Island adventure.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Edac2,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am glad that we met your expectations during your stays we take great pride in providing clean rooms with great guest service. You also enjoyed some of the great amenities of the hotel. We are convenient to the LIE and close to shopping amusement parks and wineries.

We hope to see you the next time you are in our area.

The team at the Hampton inn Brookhaven
Effort, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Booked a two night stay. Room was the normal Hampton style, except it had a very strange odor. When I returned to the room after taking care of my personal mission, I inquired at the front desk as to the cause of the foul odor. Cleaning fluid, I was told, and was then given another room. The second room did not have the odor, but did not have a king bed as they had run out of them, so two queens were what we received. Bathroom is usually where the most wear and tear happen, and this bathroom in comparison to most of the other Hamptons, will soon need a makeover. The fitness room was very warm, so I did not use it, and the hallway on our floor was too warm. To their credit, the employees at this facility are very good and really friendly. The breakfast was the usual serving, but as with most hotels, they only have one toaster, and it is very slow, and backs up the line of guests. The beds are very good, and the mini fridge is always a nice thing to have available. I am a Hampton Inn traveler and will remain so, because I know that for the most part they are above average.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floor(top), and it was quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Craig078, General Manager at Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for being a loyal guest of our family of hotels and for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your input on our service and amenities and we will use your comments as we constantly evolve to best meet our guests expectations. We are glad to have met your needs during your visit and hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may show you the warm Hamptonality and quality amenities you have come to expect from us.

The team at the Hampton Inn Brookhaven
Sebastian, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I recently stayed at this property in March 2013 while on business for the US Government. I found the rooms quiet enough, the bed was comfortable (I had a king) and there was both an easychair to relax in and watch TV, and a small desk to do a little work at night. The breaksfast was fair, but adequate. For the Government traveller, this is a good place, plus, if you are here for more than a day, the rooms have both a microwave and refrigerator, and a grocery store is within a couple of blocks away.

this location also has both an indoor pool and fitness center, but I did not use either one during my stay, but I would have if I was staying for more than a couple of days.

Room Tip: I always ask for the room the furtherest away from the elevators and vending/ice machines, and as hi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tony A,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed all the amenities that we have to offer. We take great pride in giving our guest a clean room with great service.

We hope to see you again when you are in the area.

Thanks the Team at the Hampton Inn Brookhaven
Meriden, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

How about Edna! Edna prepares the breakfast for the Hampton Inn on Long Island. Besides having a great stay at the Inn; it is a pleasure to have someone like Edna who gets out a full continental breakfast for all the guests. We often forget about the people behind the scenes that make our stay a more pleasant one. A great place to stay. A great price. And a great breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Ron C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. Edna is a "Diamond in the Ruff”. She is reliable, dedicated loyal associate who only cares about what’s best for our guests. She makes the breakfast area a home away from home.

Hope to see you again soon.

The Team at the Hampton Inn Brookhaven
Ontario, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I would definitely stay at this hotel. The bed was very comfortable. The complementary breakfast was very convenient. Good location and easy to get to from the Long Island Expressway. The staff keeps the place very clean.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

nomad2172,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. Thanks for noticing the cleanliness of our hotel, because we take great pride in keeping it clean for our guests.

Look forward to seeing you again when you are in town.

The Team at the Hampton Inn Brookhaven
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I switched to your hotel after seeing you had breakfast. I was staying at the ramoda across the street which had more comfortable beds. My duvet was extremely lumpy the first night i asked for a new one the brought me a duvet cover not the actual comforter. IM working 12 hour night shifts disaster relief. The second night i tried again to get a not lumped duvet and the Guy told me this is how they are ment to be?!?!? I know for a fact if they are cared for and cleaned properly they are not lumpy. Also half the staff didn't speak English and the showers are to small and no bath i could not stand the sloped floor and intentional water flooding it was interesting but not practical my feet were wet whenever i went in to the bathroom. The pool was nice but dirty towels everywhere also the heater in our room was noisy. I will not be using this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013
Craig078, General Manager at Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Stacy & Nick,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and apologize you were uncomfortable in our bedding and that you found our restroom layout inconvenient. We value your comments as a frequent traveler and we will use them as we constantly look for ways to improve our guests' satisfaction. We hope we can have another chance to show you our comfortable accommodations and warm Hamptonality, if your travels bring you back to the area in the future.

Team at the Hampton Inn Brookhaven

Been to Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven? Share your experiences!