“Convenient, clean, and courteous staff” 4 of 5 stars

Double HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Farmingville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kissimmee, Florida
“Convenient, clean, and courteous staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This was a solid Hampton Inn experience ... including the usual Hampton breakfast (in a very nice breakfast room). Incredibly convenient location; just off the LIE, and with a bit of navigating you can enter and exit the property at a stoplight. Nearby dining included Applebee's, Friday's and Burger King, among others. The adjacent shopping plaza had a Kmart, grocery store and liquor store.

The room, too, was standard Hampton fare. Comfortable and well laid-out.

But what I really appreciated was the staff's attentiveness. They seem to get a lot of regulars -- the hotel seems popular with truckers in the area -- and the breakfast staff in particular recognized regulars by name. That kind of warmth can't be taught; they have some treasures working for them here.

Convenient to ISP airport, not far from the Ronkonkoma LIRR station, and about an hour or so from the North Fork wineries. If I find myself on Long Island again, I'd easily choose to stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Craig078, General Manager at Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
ericopia,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. We are really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay as we take great pride in providing great guest service.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.

The Team at the Hampton inn Brookhaven

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
York, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Very nice hotel, your typical hampton rooms. But nice and clean, well maintained hotel. Close to exit, only drawback is dont get a room on highway side, very noisy. Excellent breakfast and helpful staff. Overall good place to stop mid island.

Room Tip: Take a room on opposite side of highway.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
psaltydog4,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and had a nice breakfast.

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Stayed here for just one night, and overall had a satisfactory stay. The first room given to us absolutely reeked of cigarette smoke when we opened the door, but the front desk was apologetic and was able to find us a different and non-stinky room.
Pros: nice and helpful front desk staff (in addition to quickly giving us a different room when we asked, they kindly gave me a toothbrush and toothpaste when I realized I forgot mine). Rooms were dated but seemed very clean. Breakfast was included.
Cons: Rooms are on the small side and very basic. The hotel is no-frills, as well. As another reviewer mentioned, the hotel can be a little hard to get to from the road, so I was glad I had my GPS.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
R0bin72,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay. It’s unfortunate that other guests smoke in non-smoking rooms, but I am glad to hear that the staff took care of you. We take great pride in providing great guest service.

Cape May Court House, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Stayed at the Hampton Inn Long Island back in October 2011 for a bachelor party and the wedding two nights later. Note…bachelor parties should ideally occur weeks, not days before the wedding….

Anyway…I will be short and sweet. If you want a Hampton’s beachfront resort, keep driving east for another 45 minutes and you can hang out with A-List peeps. If you are fine with a typical, fairly upscale chain, “highway” hotel, this joint will work just fine.

Standard, modern chain hotel layout. Seemed new, everything was fresh, very clean and modern, this property should satisfy most needs, even the “hotel snobs.” You basically get what the internet photos and reviews offer, no secrets. The property is steps off of the LIE and there is lots of shopping and dining less than a mile away.

There is an indoor pool area that is fairly basic, but should work for anyone looking to take a dip.

Overall, while clearly not the Ritz, it is a decent $150 a night hotel, especially for Eastern Long Island where everything is ridiculously expensive. If this hotel was located in North Carolina, it would be an $80 a night room.

I got what I paid for and unless I was looking to splurge on a “premium” property, I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
GeorgeRohman,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you in the future.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I've stayed in a lot of hotels. There is nothing remotely similar to The Hamptons in any Hampton Inn but this one is better than most. The exercise room is pretty horrible with some half broken equipment but the rooms are clean as are the linens.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Craig078, General Manager at Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
JGRToronto,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am always glad to hear when somebody has a good stay. We will be happy to know that our Fitness Center is being fully renovated this December.

I hope if you are in the area again you choose our hotel.

Manchester, NH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

The good - convenient location, clean and comfortable room, price reasonable for area
The bad - To start with, we arrived at about 10 pm on a Friday night and the lobby, first floor and other areas were crawling with noisy kids. We were given the option of two rooms, and within five minutes changed from the first floor to fourth, due what appeared to be a sports team (or several) staying at the hotel. Since we can't rely on parents to control kids these days, you would think the hotel would, but they did not (despite being in plain view of the lobby). I understand how groups can be, but it doesn't mean the hotel can't control 'em. The kids were noisy, running in the halls, and commandeering the elevators. Second problem was that the pool developed a problem, and they shut it down for the weekend. This was the prime reason we picked this Hampton Inn - we could have chosen cheaper alternatives. Third, I didn't appreciate them putting a $50.00 charge on my credit card for incidentals. I discovered this by reviewing my charge card. I had to call upon returning home, and they stated that it will "come off the credit card bill in a few days." It irks me that they didn't tell me they were actually billing my card, for a "just in case." They also didn't tell me this upon check-in. Fourth, you get what you pay for - the hot entrees for breakfast were dreadful; poor quality, and not flavorful. Also, the waffles are good, but this is the first Hampton I've been at that didn't have whipped cream and fruit toppings. Seems like their cutting corners.
Overall just an average experience. I'm sure this is better than some, but for for a little more money you can probably get better.

Overall, just an average experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
NCHS80,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I am glad to hear that you’re that the hotel and room were clean as we take great pride in keeping our hotel clean. I apologize for the Baseball Teams that were noisy. We do have security on Friday and Saturdays that should have controlled the situation. Unfortunately our pool motor blew on Saturday morning and was not able to replace until Monday morning. Our Front Desk agents should have told you about the $50 incidental charge that gets authorized at check-in. This will be addresses and thank you for bringing it to my attention. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy our breakfast and will look at ways to improve.

I hope you give us another opportunity in the future when you are in the area.

Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

This is definitely one of the nicer Hampton Inn's. Looked to be fairly new and very well kept! It was a great location...right off the LIE for easy access. It was within walking distance to a supermarket and a convenience store.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Laurie S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review about our hotel. We are excited to hear when someone enjoys are property as we take great pride in the cleanliness and customer service at our hotel.

The Team at the Hampton Inn Brookhaven

Been to Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven? Share your experiences!