“Fine for a quick night's stay” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Farmingville
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Fine for a quick night's stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Stayed here for just one night, and overall had a satisfactory stay. The first room given to us absolutely reeked of cigarette smoke when we opened the door, but the front desk was apologetic and was able to find us a different and non-stinky room.
Pros: nice and helpful front desk staff (in addition to quickly giving us a different room when we asked, they kindly gave me a toothbrush and toothpaste when I realized I forgot mine). Rooms were dated but seemed very clean. Breakfast was included.
Cons: Rooms are on the small side and very basic. The hotel is no-frills, as well. As another reviewer mentioned, the hotel can be a little hard to get to from the road, so I was glad I had my GPS.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Craig078, General Manager at Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
R0bin72,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay. It’s unfortunate that other guests smoke in non-smoking rooms, but I am glad to hear that the staff took care of you. We take great pride in providing great guest service.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.

The Team at the Hampton Inn Brookhaven

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Cape May Court House, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Stayed at the Hampton Inn Long Island back in October 2011 for a bachelor party and the wedding two nights later. Note…bachelor parties should ideally occur weeks, not days before the wedding….

Anyway…I will be short and sweet. If you want a Hampton’s beachfront resort, keep driving east for another 45 minutes and you can hang out with A-List peeps. If you are fine with a typical, fairly upscale chain, “highway” hotel, this joint will work just fine.

Standard, modern chain hotel layout. Seemed new, everything was fresh, very clean and modern, this property should satisfy most needs, even the “hotel snobs.” You basically get what the internet photos and reviews offer, no secrets. The property is steps off of the LIE and there is lots of shopping and dining less than a mile away.

There is an indoor pool area that is fairly basic, but should work for anyone looking to take a dip.

Overall, while clearly not the Ritz, it is a decent $150 a night hotel, especially for Eastern Long Island where everything is ridiculously expensive. If this hotel was located in North Carolina, it would be an $80 a night room.

I got what I paid for and unless I was looking to splurge on a “premium” property, I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
GeorgeRohman,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you in the future.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I've stayed in a lot of hotels. There is nothing remotely similar to The Hamptons in any Hampton Inn but this one is better than most. The exercise room is pretty horrible with some half broken equipment but the rooms are clean as are the linens.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Craig078, General Manager at Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
JGRToronto,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am always glad to hear when somebody has a good stay. We will be happy to know that our Fitness Center is being fully renovated this December.

I hope if you are in the area again you choose our hotel.

Manchester, NH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

The good - convenient location, clean and comfortable room, price reasonable for area
The bad - To start with, we arrived at about 10 pm on a Friday night and the lobby, first floor and other areas were crawling with noisy kids. We were given the option of two rooms, and within five minutes changed from the first floor to fourth, due what appeared to be a sports team (or several) staying at the hotel. Since we can't rely on parents to control kids these days, you would think the hotel would, but they did not (despite being in plain view of the lobby). I understand how groups can be, but it doesn't mean the hotel can't control 'em. The kids were noisy, running in the halls, and commandeering the elevators. Second problem was that the pool developed a problem, and they shut it down for the weekend. This was the prime reason we picked this Hampton Inn - we could have chosen cheaper alternatives. Third, I didn't appreciate them putting a $50.00 charge on my credit card for incidentals. I discovered this by reviewing my charge card. I had to call upon returning home, and they stated that it will "come off the credit card bill in a few days." It irks me that they didn't tell me they were actually billing my card, for a "just in case." They also didn't tell me this upon check-in. Fourth, you get what you pay for - the hot entrees for breakfast were dreadful; poor quality, and not flavorful. Also, the waffles are good, but this is the first Hampton I've been at that didn't have whipped cream and fruit toppings. Seems like their cutting corners.
Overall just an average experience. I'm sure this is better than some, but for for a little more money you can probably get better.

Overall, just an average experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
NCHS80,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I am glad to hear that you’re that the hotel and room were clean as we take great pride in keeping our hotel clean. I apologize for the Baseball Teams that were noisy. We do have security on Friday and Saturdays that should have controlled the situation. Unfortunately our pool motor blew on Saturday morning and was not able to replace until Monday morning. Our Front Desk agents should have told you about the $50 incidental charge that gets authorized at check-in. This will be addresses and thank you for bringing it to my attention. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy our breakfast and will look at ways to improve.

I hope you give us another opportunity in the future when you are in the area.

Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

This is definitely one of the nicer Hampton Inn's. Looked to be fairly new and very well kept! It was a great location...right off the LIE for easy access. It was within walking distance to a supermarket and a convenience store.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Laurie S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review about our hotel. We are excited to hear when someone enjoys are property as we take great pride in the cleanliness and customer service at our hotel.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.

laval, quebec
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Best place to stay and cheapest while on the island.Lot's of B&B's but, are too expensive for the same value. Breakfast, you can't go wrong. Eggs,bacon,sausage,waffles,cerals,fresh fruits,jucie. 30 minute drive from Riverhead and all the great vineyards and golfing.Best places to eat are on the oceanfront. But, keep your eye out for the signs for oceanview dining.Some are very small and food is great. The vineyards are very different then most I visited. Some you can bring your own lunch and buy their wine. Or buy their wine and lunch. They offer tours,music for free. What a great atmosphere. The golfing we played was links style. Very hard but,fun.

Room Tip: We had 2nd floor facing highway.We heard nothing. No noise at all.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
jean2007,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the hotel. We are glad to hear your stay was great and centrally located to all the attractions you wanted to see. We hope to see you again when you are in the area.

East Coast Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights while attending a wedding on Long Island. The hotel was as advertised and what you would expect from the Hampton Inn brand. The pool was nice and a good size which our kids loved. The breakfast room was crowded but they had additional seating available. Breakfast was great with the normal offerings. We loved the large vanity in the bathroom to accomodate the family's items for 4 and we also liked the good shower pressure. The fridge and microwave in the room came in handy. The only thing that was a little off was that the housekeeping was a little lax. We found dust and some dried green gum on the side of the head board...was not keen on sleeping next to that! However, we dealt with it, stuff happens and it did not over shadow the normal things we like about the Hampton brand. All in all we would stay again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Craig078, General Manager at Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
EastCoastCanada,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and many of our amenities. It’s unfortunate that you had a cleanliness problem in your room as we take great pride in giving our guest great service and clean rooms. I appreciate you bringing to our attention so we can make sure it doesn’t happen in the future.

We hope to see you in the future

The Team at the Hampton Inn Brookhaven

Been to Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven? Share your experiences!