“Staff is great” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Falconer
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Staff is great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Been coming here for many years for work. Rob at the front desk will do any thing to help me when I have an issues. Room are clean with a flat screen tv and the water pressure is great. One of the downside is no free breakfast:(

• Stayed October 2012
RRI273, Manager at Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Mr. Kroft it is always a pleasure to have you stay with us. The staff here are very friendly and we make it our goal to make certain all our guests feel at home. Thank you for again for your kind words and I will make certain that Rob reads your respones.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Brookston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Excellent location , staff very friendly , rooms clean , quiet and peaceful ,good rates .. front lobby could use an air freshener , but other than that no complaints . Robert , the clerk at the front desk , was very courteous and helpful . He volunteered information on sites to see , and told me directions to the best restaurant in town . if you want a good home cooked breakfast , I highly recommend , Phil and Cindy's. Kudos to the management at the Red Roof Inn .

• Stayed September 2012
RRI273, Manager at Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
David WOW! what can I say but thank so much for the kind words about this team. I am very proud to be a part of this staff. From all of us, It is a pleasure to have you stay with us. Our goal is to have all our guests experience a clean, comfortable, and at home atmosphere.
Falconer, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I have spend many a time in different hotels motels in my 40 yrs of travel. Have been in poor ones, fair ones, and this RED ROOF INN in falconer ,NY beats them all. In being clean, top of the line in workers ,whether being with the front desk, management or whoever is working they go all out to make your stay enjoyable. Even when they are down themselves they pick you up. If you find a problem they well go all out to correct what ever it may be.They are with out a doubt the most pet friendly motel on earth. Yes ,When ever I get back there again it will be in THE RED ROOF INN located just off I-86 Falconer ,NY exit. Make right off exit few feet up on right ,behind community bank. Quite also. Find piece of mind there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so very much for your earnest review of your experience with us! It is always thrilling when we hear our guests say that their stay was above expectations. We look forward to haveing stay with us again and again thank you.
Livonia, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The day after Labor Day brought us a good rate ($50) for
2 full beds. They placed us in the back of the motel where a sliding glass door led directly to a grassy area with a picnic table so we could let or dogs out without going through the hall. Reasonably clean and quiet. WIFI worked well.

Room Tip: Coupon for a good rate was found in a free tourist guide available in all state rest areas.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
RRI273, Manager at Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for your recent reveiw for the Red Roof Inn Falconer. It was our pleasure to have you and we are happy to offer our guests the Room Saver coupon. We enjoy giving our guests a clean a comfortable stay with a great value. Please make certain if you need any assistance to give us a call. We look forward to seeing you again.
NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed here 2 nights because it was the cheapest rate near SUNY-Fredonia and everything was pretty much sold out. We paid $100 per night plus tax. This is a motel that should cost around $50 per night. As soon as you walk into the lobby, it smells like smoke and old carpets. The carpets in the hallways are stained. Every room was sold-out. There was a wedding and fishing tournament during this weekend. We got a non-smoking double bed room. The room did not smell like smoke, but had a stinky mildewy smell. After driving 9 hours from NYC, we were exhausted, so we just put on our PJs, brushed our teeth and went straight to sleep. Didn't bother to turn on the TV or explore the rest of the motel. The next morning as we are getting ready to head out, I noticed there was a blood stain ...and no one from the people who slept there had their monthly "friend", so we knew it was there before we arrived. Which meant that they never changed the bed sheets! I didn't do a big scene (although, now that I think about it, I should've and taken a picture too)...I was in a rush to leave and drop off my freshman student! I politely told the woman at front desk who apologized and seemed disgusted herself! Lo & behold when we returned the sheets were clean! The front-desk staff was really nice and gave us towels or toothpaste whenever we asked for it. I will be returning to this area for the next 4 years, BUT will never stay here again! Probably worst stay ever at a hotel/motel in all of my life! They need a serious renovation and a better cleaning staff!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
RRI273, Manager at Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Our first priority is providing a nice place at a nice price for our guests, and we hope to exceed thier expectations. In this case it sounds as if not only did we not exceed, but we were well below your expectations in terms of the room. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a positive experience in terms of our front desk team, but we need to make sure that experience extends to your room as well. I have spoken to all our team on this issue and we will continue to strive to meet and exceed guest expectations. I hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to show you the true value and hospitality that guests have come to expect at Red Roof.
Covington, KY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Jamestown/Falconer was the midpoint of our driving trip and Red Roof was running a promotion in August so the price seemed right. I wish we'd opted for a higher priced hotel with better amenities. While staff were very pleasant and eager to please, they really can't do anything about the old, uncomfortable beds. There's no in-room coffee. Refrigerators and microwaves are only available in "select" rooms (I'm guessing this means more expensive). Coffee is available in the lobby but unless you get it just brewed it's not all that great. The shower curtain needed replacement or a dipping in bleach because it smelled sour. Later in my trip I stayed in a renovated Red Roof. What a difference! Look for them when you travel. Hopefully, Falconer will get on the list to be redone. Only then would I return.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have sliding doors to the parking lot (keyed entry is only through the lobby).
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I apologize that we did not provide you wit exceptional guest service and the comfort and enjoyment of your room to go along with that. Our guest service experience should be matched at the same level by our room experience and we are taking your feedback to make sure we are able to achieve that. I appriecate the time you took to share this and I hope that the next time you have an opportunity you will allow us a chance to do so.
Lighthouse Cove, Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Although we booked a couple of months in advance, all the B&Bs and other hotels in the vicinity were booked due to the Lucy Festival that weekend. The Red Roof Inn had only limited availability so we could only book a smoking King room. A day or so before our arrival I had requested to be waitlisted for a non smoking room if one came available and, when we arrived, we were pleased to find they had found us a non-smoking king. The room seemed a bit muggy on arrival late in the afternoon but we assumed the a/c had been off during the day when it was unoccupied. We dressed quickly and left for the wedding we'd come to attend. We returned around midnight or so. The a/c kept cycling on very briefly and then off for long stretches. It got more and more difficult to sleep as the night wore on. We were booked for a 3 night stay and decided in the morning we could not bear it any longer. Upon advising the front desk that the a/c was not working, the young man (his 1st day on the job) sent a fellow up to check who returned to confirm that indeed, no a/c. The young man on the desk processed my credit card and handed me my bill. We were charged full fare. When I looked at the receipt I said that didn't seem right. He carefully went over the bill, looked up and said it was correct. I asked if there wasn't something he could do for us given our extreme discomfort. He finally sought out the manager who gave us 25% back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
RRI273, Manager at Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your recent response on Trip Advisor. Having a guest stay at our hotel and being very dissatisfied is unacceptable. We carry a tradsemark name and did not meet the standards set out by Red Roof Inn. Although we are not pleased to see you that you did not have a good stay with us, we are glad that you brought to our attention your concerns because now we are able to correct the issue. We do apologize that your stay was not 100% and please let us know if there is anything we can assist you with in the future. Thank you and have a great day..

Been to Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer? Share your experiences!