“Always Exceptional Service and a Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Shopping Package
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fairport
Richmond Hill, Canada
“Always Exceptional Service and a Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We love going to the Finger Lakes, and exploring new wineries. We have stayed at Woodcliffe many times, and are always impressed with the exceptional service. All staff are friendly, and just know what customer service is all about. We have brought friends on a couple of occasions, who also experienced a wonderful stay. The breakfast buffet is wonderful, with terrific service. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. The grounds are lovely, and it's a nice walk to see the nearby lovely neighborhood.

We highly recommend this hotel, and never stay anywhere else when we are in the Rochester area.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Franklin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We were in town to attend my nephews wedding last October and I was vary impressed with the property and we had a wonderful time. We did not stay at the hotel but I would sure like to try it sometime when I'm in town again. A year later we thought it would be nice for their 1 year anniversary to get them a gift certificate so they could go back and relive some of those memories from their special day. I called up the hotel and talked to Stephan to arrange for a gift certificate to be sent to me so I could include it in an anniversary card that I was sending them. A week and a half went by and no certificate, so I called the Hotel and the women I spoke with was going to check into it for me and then call me back. I called in the morning about 9:00am and by 2:00pm I did not here anything so I called the hotel back. The same women I talked to answered the phone, I explained who I was and she said "That's right, I was suppose to call you back". She explained that Stephan had tried the credit card number I gave him and it was declined for some reason so the certificate was not sent out and I was not called. She tried the card number again (today) and it went through so she processed the certificate and sent it out, she did apologize for the inconvenience. I asked how it was being sent to me and when I would get it? Apparently it was sent via standard mail which means another week before I get it! I would have thought the Hotel would send it FedEx or a quicker method USPS then just standard mail since it was their over site. When I asked if it could be sent another way I was told the mail was picked up already and couldn't be changed. For the type of hotel this is, I was not happy with the way this situation was handled.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Penfield, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We had our daughter's wedding reception at Woodcliff in October with a good share of our guests staying overnight. As hectic as wedding planning and the big day can be, the quality of the facility and the staff was such that you knew everything was going to be done right and any blips taken care of. The receptions facilities, food, rooms and the staff are all excellent. Amy, the Event Director, was very helpful with the wedding planning, from beginning to end.

Room Tip: Any of the two story suites are very special.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
New jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Spent one night here and the staff at the front desk were welcoming and helpful. The room on the top floor (executive level) was very nice. Large room, nicely furnished, and a window that opens. The bathroom was also first class. They gave me a coupon for the breakfast buffet, since I was on the executive level, and it I had dinner at the Horizons restaurant in the hotel, which was excellent.

Room Tip: Choose the 6 floor executive level rooms.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Baldwinsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We chose the Woodcliff as a local hotel to stay in the night of our wedding. It was absolutely wonderful and worth the money. Shortly after check in we were given 4 free tickets for drinks at the lounge, and while we were at the lounge they placed a meat/cheese/salad tray and crackers in our room, along with chocolate Mousse for the 2 of us. It was delicious. The drinks were delicious, as was the food in the lounge. And we were able to listen to live music and a singer, and dance together - still in our wedding clothes! It was delightful!
We had chosen the stay that includes breakfast in the morning. We accidentally slept through breakfast, and the staff was easily able to transfer the cost of breakfast towards the brunch buffet that is legendary for selection and quality in our area.
I should also note that the room was very quiet and clean, which we appreciated.
It was a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I have resisted leaving a review for Woodcliff as there are so many positive reviews already - and rightly so. I have stayed here numerous times and it's always a great experience. I live locally and stayed recently after a reunion. The hotel was booked to capacity but the customer service remained excellent throughout. The rooms are comfortable, the bar had live music (Saturday night) and good food and overall it is a great place to stay. I would highly recommend Woodcliff and plan on returning.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Niagara Falls, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Oriental Suite was awesome with a lot of attention to details. Great hillside view from the room with awesome fall colours. Room service was excellent and delivered right on time. Everyone we dealt with was very professional. I would highly recommend this hotel for a mini getaway.

Room Tip: Ask for a hillside view or you may end up overlooking the parking lot.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Woodcliff Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!